Author Topic: Newbie DL cabinet questions...  (Read 4403 times)

Mickey_Moose

• View Profile
Newbie DL cabinet questions...
« on: March 19, 2011, 03:59:15 PM »
Hi,

Ok, finally found a Dragon`s Lair cabinet within a reasonable distance to me, but I am greatly new at this and completely clueless. ???

Now the cabinet has been modified to run Jamma games, but I would like to restore it back to it`s former glory and have a ton of (maybe stupid) questions, so I guess I will start now.

- I have the Wells-Gardner monitor and I know I need a NTSC decoder card - what I would like is a picture of the card and the external controls to see how these are mounted (and location).

- I have read that the audio (and it is common sense) coming of the LD player needs an audio amp - is this a separate unit, or is it par of the main logic board (or some other board) - that is to say do I need to find an audio amp and where is it mounted in the cabinet (pictures)

- actually I really could use specific pictures of the power supply side, rear side and logic board sides of the cabinet.

- does an actual overall wiring diagram for the cabinet exist? I was thinking of building my own harness (unless someone has one for sale) - but it would be nice if there was some sort of over all diagram that shows how the major components connect to each other (ie: coin counter, volume controls). The worest part is that I am starting from square 1 when it comes to the wiring since the harness was changed.  :'(

- and one last question for now, I have been unable to verify from various pictures on the net, but on the control panell, is the upper end held in place with bolts through the sides of the cabinet? I know that the lower `pivots`are, but can`t really tell if the upper part is (currently that is the way mine is and pictures I have seen seem to show differently.

Thank you for any help and your patience...  :)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Newbie DL cabinet questions...
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 04:46:57 PM »
Welcome to the Dragon's Lair cabinet owners club  ;)

First of all, what it your cabinet model? Atari (euro) or Cinematronic (us) one?

Mickey_Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2011, 05:36:06 PM »
Welcome to the Dragon's Lair cabinet owners club  ;)

First of all, what it your cabinet model? Atari (euro) or Cinematronic (us) one?

Opps, sorry - it is the Cinematronic one (sn: 5498).

Cheers,

edit ...

Just wanted to add I think I have most of it figured out - turns out I did have an overall cabinet diagram in my manual, just in table form (I was looking for an actual picture diagram) - so should be good there.  :oops:

Still interested in a picture of the power supply area if anyone can grab one for me.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 02:49:55 PM by Mickey_Moose »

rémi 75

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »
hi
i also have a Cinematronic version and mine was uncomplete like yours, i can post pictures of everything in order to restore the game like in 83.
I also have some spare parts for you

Mickey_Moose

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 02:09:26 AM »
hi
i also have a Cinematronic version and mine was uncomplete like yours, i can post pictures of everything in order to restore the game like in 83.
I also have some spare parts for you

Hi - PM sent