Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
March 23, 2017, 03:08:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: [Roadtrip] Dig Dug - nothing can beat FREE  (Read 21624 times)
Alpha1
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 09:38:00 AM »

The Euro DigDug in the flyer has a US overlay and sideart

You could get that sideart and I have seen it for sale on eBay US twice in 11 years - however it goes for like $200+

If you were to put sideart on i'd look at doing it like in the flyer!

Oliver
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2011, 01:49:40 PM »

The Euro DigDug in the flyer has a US overlay and sideart

hmm, are you sure that is a us overlay on that euro dig dug? do you have any idea whether the american overlay fits on the euro cabinet?

You could get that sideart and I have seen it for sale on eBay US twice in 11 years - however it goes for like $200+
If you were to put sideart on i'd look at doing it like in the flyer!

totally cool, i never knew there were sideart stickers for the euro dig dug. now "all we need" are some nice photos for the vector king - and reproductions could be made! Grin

does anyone have better pictures of that sideart?

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2011, 01:53:20 PM »

i can "steal" alot of parts from Zorg  Grin

http://vectorlib.free.fr/DigDug/

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 02:23:07 PM »

i can "steal" alot of parts from Zorg  Grin

you could, but we don't know how that sideart looks exactly, do we? all i can spot on that flyer is the dig dug logo, the rest is blurred ...

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 04:17:37 PM »

just went over to The Storage and snatched a couple of pictures! here's the inside of the cab from the back - very dirty i would say shock

the audio regulator board

and finally - the pcbs

i've also received photos of the stacked pcbs from the seller which is supposed to be a dig dug board as well - but i doubt it. the roms are labelled DG (and not DD), the entire setup is completely different. out come the pcb experts ...

anyone? Huh?

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 04:37:06 PM »

I put the value of a Namco boardset (DigDug, Galaga, Pole Position etc) at a far higher value than the Atari equivalent.
Interesting that you think so. From what I've read about the Namco PP boards, they had loads and loads of design troubles and Atari fixed the hell out of them.
Thus, following this logic, the Atari boards should be more reliable. I guess DD is a less "demanding" game though....

But I can see that the Namco boards are simply more rare and thus higher valued....

@Ully, that's the most naked AR-II board I've ever seen, looks like it's only used for the audio amp.

About the side-art, there are similar side-arts for Centipede mini's and I think some more games. Would be totally cool to use that indeed !

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 04:42:23 PM »

Centi mini sideart NOS (just to prove it existed):

http://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/nos-atari-centipede-mini-cabaret-original-side

http://www.barncade.com/forsale/centipedeminisideart/
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:45:20 PM by Level42 » Logged

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 04:48:10 PM »

About the side-art, there are similar side-arts for Centipede mini's and I think some more games. Would be totally cool to use that indeed !

agreed, but without pics this is going to be difficult. i'm going to start a thread on klov, perhaps we get lucky there ...

jcp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 05:24:34 PM »

Want  Space Ace !
-> http://www.arcadecrusade.com/gallery/v/gamerooms/savit4l8r/The+Condocade/Centipede+cabaret/centipedeside.JPG.html

Ully : great catch (and of course, the original art is the right way) Wink.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 06:52:41 PM by jcp » Logged
baritonomarchetto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 07:04:10 PM »

I think he's very aware of that....probably a joke.....

Yes, in the writing flow german became duch  oppps

"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

Golden Axe Myth RELEASED!
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2011, 07:08:16 PM »

Yeah, although that is original, I kinda like the black background one better for the mini's:
http://coinopart.com/art/index.php?option=com_rsgallery2&page=inline&id=591&catid=8&limitstart=120

jcp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2011, 07:42:18 PM »

Thanks André for the link : very interesting for my Centipede mini (and the pink color is ok with an euro cab).
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2011, 07:12:13 AM »

Once again, a great road trip, a well detailed history with very great pictures... thanks for that Ully  Kiss

Of course, all the honors on the homepage  Wink  arrow

I would personally keep the 'wooden side art' as is, in order to keep the Euro identity of that cabinet, but I understand it doesn't look too good like that.
Anyway, no one will see its sides when the cabinet will be in your game room, close to others games  Wink

Good job on this one, even if you'll start the work in a long long long time (I have the same problem  Tongue)

Space Ace

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2011, 08:18:28 AM »

Of course, all the honors on the homepage  Wink  arrow

how cool is that banner? "INSERT BEER TO PLAY" - absolutely hilarious Grin thx a lot, bruno, brilliant job!

regarding the sideart: i'm most likely going to keep it original, but i need that sideart. some guy on KLOV also suggested checking out the Dig Dug cabarets sidearts because he thinks those are identical, but i haven't been able to come up with a picture of a Dig Dug cabaret WITH sideart either ... damn!

Laschek
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2011, 07:37:31 PM »

i've also received photos of the stacked pcbs from the seller which is supposed to be a dig dug board as well - but i doubt it. the roms are labelled DG (and not DD), the entire setup is completely different. out come the pcb experts ...

Bootleg of 1942 (even different pinout to the original). I just found 2 of them in a box while searching for a certain PCB.
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: