Author Topic: >>> EUROCADE 2011 <<< 3 september 2011 - Europe's own CAX :)  (Read 281749 times)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: >>> EUROCADE 2011 <<< 3 september 2011 - Europe's own CAX :)
« Reply #285 on: June 25, 2011, 01:25:23 AM »
okay, cool. I'm going to ask you a ton of questions about your setup.  ;) ;D

Psykick

• View Profile
« Reply #286 on: June 25, 2011, 11:22:38 AM »
okay, cool. I'm going to ask you a ton of questions about your setup.  ;) ;D

Haha, I'm more then happy to answer, this is gonna save a lot of your time  :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #287 on: June 25, 2011, 11:34:36 AM »
LAST CALL PEOPLE, LAST CALL.

Today is CLOSING DAY for the registration of Eurocade.

Be there or be ........not there  ;D ;D

If you're not on the list today, I can only put you on the "back-up" list. This means that if someone who has been registered as attending but will cancel his visit still (you never know what can happen) then the first person on that "back up" list can take that persons place.

For this reason I ask EVERYONE who has registered as "Attending" to let me know if something is making it impossible to visit as _SOON_ as you know it. This way someone else can join in your place. Please don't wait-up till the last couple of days if this happens...

The people who I have indicated as (SILENT) will be moved to the top of the back-up list if I don't hear anything from them today (23.59 closing time).

Another note: There will be a few people at Eurocade who have not registered here. Those are personal friends who are not into this hobby but still ike it a lot. Some will help out with stuff, for example my friend Ruud who built my Gameroom and helped me with the Belgian Warehouse raid.

Just that this is clear :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #288 on: June 25, 2011, 12:07:03 PM »
Vnera has responded and is now "Attending" ! :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #289 on: June 25, 2011, 05:26:59 PM »
Barry let me know he won't be able to make it this year regretfully, so he's off the list.

Now I only need to hear something from Reinhold. Any of the German members an idea ? Maybe one of the German forums ?

mchay

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: June 25, 2011, 05:27:54 PM »
Barry let me know he won't be able to make it this year regretfully, so he's off the list.

Now I only need to hear something from Reinhold. Any of the German members an idea ? Maybe one of the German forums ?

Reinhold is Danish afaik.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #291 on: June 25, 2011, 11:27:55 PM »
Uh....yeah I think you're right !

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: June 26, 2011, 01:20:56 PM »
I was wondering, with the badges and all at Eurocade: when you meet a member who never answer his PMs and you try to talk to him,
do you think he will talk back to you, or just ignore you completely and keep walking like if you were transparent?  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #293 on: June 26, 2011, 05:24:04 PM »
 ;D

Anyway, ladies and gentlemen. Registration is complete and closed !

Thanks to all who registered, this is going to be fun ! :)

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #294 on: June 26, 2011, 09:38:11 PM »
I'm really really looking forward to this! When i told my dad he looked at me and sad are there more people who do that  :shock:
I know that I'm not the moost active member around but i still love to see all the machines and play them!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: June 26, 2011, 11:04:25 PM »
.... When i told my dad he looked at me and sad are there more people who do that  :shock:

hahaha. Yeah, I know exactly what you mean. It's the same with me. I mean, I could talk for hours and hours about this interesting hobby, to everyone, but unfortunately no one ever seems interested. After a few minutes people are starting to look real bored.  :o

But yeah, talking about books, clothes, handbags, shoes, cars, soccer, your work, etc.  ???? As if that is interesting!!

That's why meetings like Eurocade are so great, you can talk about games and cabs the whole day without getting bored reactions.  :D

So, bring on Eurocade 2011, the first in a row.  :spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #296 on: June 27, 2011, 12:29:09 AM »
Exactly my thoughts Erik !

Today was "fix a Star Wars cockpit" day, because of the good weather forecast. To go short: it was a great day, and I think the LADY (right Ully? ;)) is ready for Eurocade !!!!

I'll write some more about it elsewhere...not sure where yet ;)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2011, 12:34:39 AM by Level42 »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #297 on: June 28, 2011, 11:26:26 PM »
Ladies & Gentlemen....some important information for all Eurocade visitors:

Following the huge success in numbers of visitors and cabs that will come to Eurocade, the crew has discussed the possibility to move Eurocade to an alternative location.
This location is still in Ridderkerk and quite close to my home and is the clubhouse of my "Muziekvereniging" or, music/marching band.

The reasons for wanting to move it are as follows:

- no tents needed, nice safe and water-tight building, no heating required during night time (pretty important one for me, I sleep better without a running gas-heater in a tent in my yard)
- more space
- a comfortable separate "bar" room to eat and drink
- a big room for the cabs
- a spacious area in front of the building to sit/drink/eat if the weather's nice
- no (or little) problems with "neighbors"
- easier to unload/load the cabs
- room for extra stuff like a beamer set-up, a C64/A8 set-up, some hardware demoing by Bencao etc.

However, as with everything there are couple disadvantages:
1) I'll need to move all my cabs there. However, with the right help I can bring all of them in three drives, that's not that bad too do. I'll ask my friend Ruud to use his van and trailer

2) We'll need to pay to rent the space

And nr. 2) is what I need your opinions for. I've been calculating and we would need to ask a €5 contribution from all visitors to partly cover those costs. Note that this covers only the rent of the building and the electricity costs, not food or drinks.

Now, I know that this is against the initial idea of making it free of costs to enter if you bring a cab. However, I really think that the big advantages for everyone is really worth the €5 per person.

Now, if _anyone_ is AGAINST this, please let me know, either in PM or here in the thread. I am assuming that such a small amount is no show-stopper for anybody, but if there are LOADS of "No's" I will consider.

Hope you understand, thanks !

Here's a small (old, we have new double glazing etc. now) pitcure of the clubhouse:
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:49:25 PM by Level42 »

atarimania

• View Profile
    • Atarimania
« Reply #298 on: June 28, 2011, 11:42:53 PM »
No problem for me. I think that it's not bad idea considering the number of participants  :shock: :shock:
Have You Played Atari Today ?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #299 on: June 28, 2011, 11:48:28 PM »
No problem for me. I think that it's not bad idea considering the number of participants  :shock: :shock:

Indeed, it would become very crowded in my home and the game area. Imagine one toilet for all all day long.

There are 4 toilets for men/women at the clubhouse. Just another "simple" but comfy aspect...

I'm absolutely positive everybody will really like the "venue".
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 11:50:12 PM by Level42 »