Author Topic: Superully's ELEKTRO Arkade  (Read 165049 times)

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
Re: Superully's ELEKTRO Arkade
« Reply #240 on: July 16, 2017, 11:57:47 AM »
That neon is just soooo cool, as is the story of your quest to get it!!
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2017, 09:06:06 PM »
AWOSOME!!

:spaceace: :spaceace:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2017, 09:22:44 PM »
I love this ELEKTRO sign more and more  :)

:spaceace:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 17, 2017, 10:10:20 AM »
thx guys! you will get an update about the condition of the sign next sunday PLUS i will also test the tubes during a "neon roadtrip"  8)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 23, 2017, 09:43:13 AM »
episode 1.23

today we're taking a closer look at the elektro neon sign by "dismanteling" it first: what is its condition, what about the neon tubes, what are the next steps? we're also trying a few minor repair strategies and at the end of the episode we're going on a roadtrip which is essential for the sign's future!

start the inspection by clicking here!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #245 on: July 23, 2017, 12:19:17 PM »
Love it Ully ! Love neons. especially these old ones !!!!!

Awesome job getting it off that dangerous looking "roof"....

I see you numbered the wires but I would advice to replace all wires with new ones. 40/50 years of corrosion probably didn't keep those cables in good condition.....

[Edit] Never mind....I understand everything will be replaced..... :D

[Edit 2] Very cool they're going to restore the old tubes as much as possible.  :spaceace:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 12:32:20 PM by Level42 »

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #246 on: July 25, 2017, 08:50:57 AM »

I would help for sure. I am only 50 minutes away. :)
« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 08:57:05 AM by Tyrem »
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 25, 2017, 12:00:15 PM »
 :o :o :o
That was really rusty :D
Nice to see, that another piece of art from the past will be saved. :spaceace:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 25, 2017, 01:42:05 PM »
thx for your comments and support, guys!

Love it Ully ! Love neons. especially these old ones !!!!!

remember the neon licht sign? really a shame that it got destroyed before i could safe it for you ...

I see you numbered the wires but I would advice to replace all wires with new ones. 40/50 years of corrosion probably didn't keep those cables in good condition.....

i will replace them for sure, just kept and labeled the old one as a reference for the length i need. in fact, the shop offered me to buy the original wires / cables as well, but since they don't need that stuff anymore (they are using new silicon wiring), i would have had to take a roll of 100 meters for 300 euros - a little bit too much because most of the wiring is invisible in the end. so i passed!

I would help for sure. I am only 50 minutes away. :)

eh, help? where? what? 50 minutes?

:o :o :o
That was really rusty :D
Nice to see, that another piece of art from the past will be saved. :spaceace:

hopefully i'll be able to save as much as i can. i have two different options at the moment, not sure which route to take yet. it depends on what the expert who's coming over tonight is telling me ...

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 30, 2017, 01:02:55 PM »
episode 1.24

time for another tech test: after the phenomenal robot vacuum cleaner here’s my latest china gadget, a xiaomi mi drone with a 4k camera. i had wanted a quadrocopter for a long time and was just waiting for the right moment. this moment had arrived when the new xiaomi drone was offered in the flash sale. GOT IT!!!
in this video we’ll be unboxing the drone together, get it up and running and take the first test flights. Welcome aboard!!!
note: although the drone’s camera films in 4k, this video is only full hd, because the camcorder i use doesn’t support filming in higher resolution!

come fly away - right here!!!

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #250 on: July 30, 2017, 02:44:34 PM »
Nice video!   :)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #251 on: July 30, 2017, 02:59:21 PM »
Nice :)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 06, 2017, 10:23:08 AM »
episode 1.25

work in the elektro arkade continues! after demolishing the walls it's time for the pipes running in the middle of the room to be removed. for that i'm getting professional help in the form of mario and luigi aka the plumbers.

but as expected things aren't progressing as smoothly as possible and at the end of the day (or better: the DAYS) i'm being served a "steep surprise" ...

DAMN PIPES!!!

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #253 on: August 06, 2017, 06:45:06 PM »
That was an unpleasant surprise indeed!  >:(
I experienced the same with my gameroom. The guy who installed the electricity wanted 1600 euro for 4 hours work.  :'( I had even purchased all the needed parts/supplies beforehand. I managed to get the price down to 900, but I still feel like I was cheated.

Great videos Ully, keep them coming!  :spaceace:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 07, 2017, 10:06:06 AM »
That was an unpleasant surprise indeed!  >:(
I experienced the same with my gameroom. The guy who installed the electricity wanted 1600 euro for 4 hours work.  :'( I had even purchased all the needed parts/supplies beforehand. I managed to get the price down to 900, but I still feel like I was cheated.

stuff like that REALLY SUCKS!!!

i've been struggling with the plumber guy for a few weeks now regarding the final price, because i wasn't informed of the higher costs beforehand PLUS they did work that could have been avoided with a little bit of thinking. he has already agreed to lower the price SOMEWHAT, but i'm still not happy with it and i'm contemplating whether i should pay AT ALL ...

Great videos Ully, keep them coming!  :spaceace:

thx a lot for the nice words, still have so much stuff to show you guys, but the editing takes up a lot of time!