Author Topic: Superully's ELEKTRO Arkade  (Read 164697 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: Superully's ELEKTRO Arkade
« Reply #270 on: August 20, 2017, 07:57:24 AM »
episode 1.27

today something different – but still arcade-related. i was in the mood to “construct” again and therefore ordered something dirt-cheap from china (wherelse?). of course i didn’t do that without a reason and for those of you who don’t wanna watch me build crazy stuff (i dare you), you can skip to the end where the results and my motivation behind it will be revealed – from minute 31.38 onwards. However, if you decide to do so you’re going to miss out on some great music …

this is me putting the pieces together!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #271 on: August 20, 2017, 03:44:14 PM »
I had also thought about buying these, so I appreciated the video. The end result is very nice, I was afraid that you would put them all on top of an arcade cabinet.
Did I misunderstand, or did you record this in December?  :D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 27, 2017, 11:40:53 AM »
I had also thought about buying these, so I appreciated the video. The end result is very nice, I was afraid that you would put them all on top of an arcade cabinet.

sure not, it's important to find nice spots for stuff like that, not "sink" it in the arcade!

Did I misunderstand, or did you record this in December?  :D

yeah, you got it. filmed the building process way back, but only finished re-decorating the entrance hall now, so there's a time gap of more than half a year between the beginning and the end of the video.  :P
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 27, 2017, 12:44:35 PM »
episode 1.28

After the removal of the walls and the pipes we now have a huge space at our disposal. And although the flooring is one of the last things we are going to do it can’t hurt to make your choice now – and that’s exactly what we are doing in this episode.

I’m curious to hear your thoughts about my choice …

find out what i've picked right here!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 03, 2017, 10:47:07 AM »
episode 1.29

After making the choice for the flooring it’s time to turn our attention to the ceiling, meaning apart from the obvious drywall what else are we going to put UP THERE, what about lights / illumination?

Without giving too much away I can already tell you it’s going to become EXTREMELY retro and I’m pretty sure that – while watching this episode - some of you guys will ask yourself “WHAT THE HECK …?”

curious about what's going on with the ceiling?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #275 on: September 03, 2017, 11:06:32 AM »
Wow, tell me you're going for this 70s style/ambiance!  :shock: Wow, just woow... if so that's gonna be the coolest game room ever!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:  :-*  :arrow:

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 03, 2017, 01:27:55 PM »
Cool ceiling! - though, it's plastic, so I see a fire hazard, if you're going to use 1000W lightbulbs  :o
But I'm sure you all ready know the light from the ceiling is ,going to be somewhat ambient... I can only speak for my self, but in The Shed, there's onlu the light from the bar and the monitors/marquees :)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 03, 2017, 05:10:07 PM »
This will be über cool. :spaceace: ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #278 on: September 03, 2017, 09:43:11 PM »
Love those ceiling parts....very retro :)

Are they indeed plastic ? I noticed you had a broken piece. Please try to set that one on fire somewhere outside and see what happens (will make a cool episode).

If you hold a flame to it it could smoke, but once you remove the flame it should extinguish by itself. Then it's safe (enough) ;) If the thing ablazes......I wouldn't use them. Maybe you can use some stuff to make them fire-safe...

Seriously....IF there will ever be a fire you don't want plastic to burn and melt and rain down on you..let alone the poisonous fumes they produce......and in the 70's rules weren't so tight about this....oh and talking about  70's....there might be asbestos in these elements to _make_ them fire-safe.....

Sorry fire safety is my profession  ;D
« Last Edit: September 03, 2017, 09:47:28 PM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 04, 2017, 11:10:43 AM »
Are they indeed plastic ? I noticed you had a broken piece. Please try to set that one on fire somewhere outside and see what happens (will make a cool episode).

If you hold a flame to it it could smoke, but once you remove the flame it should extinguish by itself. Then it's safe (enough) ;) If the thing ablazes......I wouldn't use them. Maybe you can use some stuff to make them fire-safe...

Seriously....IF there will ever be a fire you don't want plastic to burn and melt and rain down on you..let alone the poisonous fumes they produce......and in the 70's rules weren't so tight about this....oh and talking about  70's....there might be asbestos in these elements to _make_ them fire-safe.....

Sorry fire safety is my profession  ;D

thx for your input regarding fire safety. of course i HADN'T thought about that :P. i'm going to do exactly as you said and make a short video about it. when you say "hold a flame to it", are you talking about a lighter or something much bigger like a burning piece of wood or a FLAME THROWER 8)?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #280 on: September 04, 2017, 05:09:48 PM »
A lighter should be sufficient but since we all love some awesome video on youtube....go...

;D ;D ;D ;D

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 05, 2017, 02:35:15 PM »
You might want to take it to a Ramstein concert to see if it burns or not :D

But André's right here....imagine all the tiles on the ceiling are blazing within a few moments....could burn down your house  :o

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 05, 2017, 11:01:52 PM »
I second the Flame Thrower

But if you do it in your garden, then watch out for the trees!  ;D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 05, 2017, 11:23:46 PM »
Nice video again, Ully. Never heard of Yeelight or Huelight, but ist looks great. Change colors on the fly, amazing.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #284 on: September 06, 2017, 03:46:05 PM »
You might want to take it to a Ramstein concert to see if it burns or not :D
..could burn down your house  :o

That's not so important. it's just a building which should be insured.

Raining burning plastic on people is much more important......poisonous smoke is also much more important.... in fires, 85% of people who die are choked to death not burnt by the flames (although of course that sometimes/often happens later)......