Author Topic: Superully's ELEKTRO Arkade  (Read 164702 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Superully's ELEKTRO Arkade
« on: March 04, 2011, 06:25:25 PM »
my fellow arcadians 8)! you should know by now that the apartment i'm living in at the moment is only a temporary solution. i'm planning on moving (hopefully in summer), trying to find a place big enough to house all my games - which is not going to be easy :-\. anyway, it was my birthday two weeks ago and for that event i had planned to "upgrade" my existing gameroom a notch so that my guests wouldn't have to walk, sit and eat between tables, games and cat toilets. i'd like to show you (in short) what i have done and (later) how it looks like right now - including a short video tour!

let's start with some electronic stuff! my living room is very big, one half of it is reserved for my games, the other half for television and computer stuff. i have four ceiling fluorescent lights installed, the problem is that the wiring of those wasn't the way i had hoped it would be. in order to change that (i don't want to bore you with too many details), i "flew in" my good friend markus who works for a huge german electricity company. he's the guy to ask when it comes to high voltages … :ghost:

the first thing he did was check the wiring in order to find out whether there could be an easy fix to the problem - of course there wasn't!

the thing with markus is that while his electrical knowledge is great, he has the tendency to break stuff when he's working at my place: he broke three energy saving lamps within one hour when he helped us set up electricity, he crashed my moon patrol 5 minutes after dragging it up into my apartment and now - about 2 minutes into this operation - here's the first casuality of war (he tries to hide it in his hand - but without success ;)) :arrow:

no easy fix here either :(

in order to make this work, we have to rewire the fluorescent lamps - and in order to make me understand what we're doing, markus has made one of his famous sketches :P

i'm moving a couple of my games out of the way to give us enough working space (note my christmas tree in the background - it was the end of january :D)

down it goes

off it comes

rewired it gets

success!!! :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

i also installed a couple of power managers (for easy power-up), tons of extensions cords, cable trenches, some more fluoerescent lights behind the games AND a whole new curtain system which seperates my gameroom nicely from the rest of the living-room. i can easily close-off the area as a surprise for visitors who have never been to my place - works like a charm.

my cat gnocchi is also curious about what's hiding behind those orange curtains, but he has to wait just a little while longer for the grand opening to the public - and so will you 8)!

STAY TUNED!!!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:42:56 PM by Superully »
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Superully's ELEKTRO Gameroom
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 06:30:30 PM »
I sense the huge ELEKTRO sign behind the curtains  ::)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 09:11:11 PM »
Hmm, im curious whats behind the curtains !

stop teasing, start posting pics ;)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 09:22:53 PM »
Sorry to ruin the suspense here but I know what's behind the curtain.
Ully sent me an email last week explaining that he was able to bend the "elektro" sign and to shape it this way:

« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 10:14:55 PM by chrischris »

Brry71

• View Profile
    • The other side of me
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 09:30:31 PM »
Can't wait!!!!
LOOKING FOR: a license to print money.....

And a Pacman. And a Donkey Kong.

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 09:23:28 AM »
I like the Marble Madness cab. Simple style, but still fresh
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2011, 11:42:35 AM »
Really ? I really don't like the System-x cabs....some great games in them though and MM is one of my favorites...

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 11:51:53 AM »
Come on Ully, open the curtains, and show us ... the heaven  :-* :-* :-*

Pics pics pics pics pics pics pics pics

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

kroustibat

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Pascal-O-Rama
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2011, 02:00:18 PM »
i bet too on the elektro light :) can not wait to see the video

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2011, 05:38:39 PM »
i bet too on the elektro light :) can not wait to see the video

i have to disappoint you guys - the elektro light definitely is NOT behind the curtains, it's still rusting in pieces on top of that building. i hope to have an update on this soon, give me some more time for the pics and the video of my temporary gameroom. it's another week of school holidays, so i should have enough time to finish this. unfortunately, the addition of the neon sign will have to wait!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 11:32:07 PM »
come on Ully, enough do do, just show us the pics! - how long time can that take??? SOU!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2011, 02:08:21 AM »
indeed! Show us those beautiful machines!  ;D ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 10:42:24 PM »

ok guys, first the bad news (although it sounds funny): i grabbed one of the school's camera which allows me to shoot videos in nice quality and placed it on top of a cupboard. one of my cats, gnocchi, jumped up there and accidently pushed it down :shock:. guess what: it's broken! :'(

BUT i don't want to keep you guys waiting any longer - at least not for the pictures! note that two of the games which were originally in the middle row (moon patrol and wizard of wor) quit working right before my birthday party - and defender did so right after the party. so normally there are four games in the left row, five games in the middle row and four games in the right row . making it a total of 13 games in my temporary gameroom. at the moment, i'm down to 10 (working), but it's still looking good. :)

so, without further ado - here's superully's ELEKTRO gameroom (sans the neon sign and a couple of games)!

left row

middle section

right row

note that all my games are either running on freeplay or have been converted to accept tokens - but more on that topic later. as you can imagine, the room is full now (and i don't want to pull any more games in there anyway because of the "hole in the floor issue"), so i definitely need to move to another location ... stay tuned 8)

p.s. the video will have to be delayed until the camera issue has been resolved!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 10:45:36 PM »
SWEEEEEEETT    :spaceace: :spaceace:

Robinholland

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 10:49:10 PM »
Nice  ;D