Author Topic: Monitor manual.  (Read 4639 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Monitor manual.
« on: February 12, 2011, 11:55:19 PM »
Hi Guys, I'm searching for manuals and (detailed) technical information of a BARCO dcd 2840 and a Hantarex CT 29 EQ/2.

I searched the internet of course but I couldn't find something useful or substancial. Soes anyine of you have a manual which he could scan?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 12:42:23 AM by ckong »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: I need some monitor manuals
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 07:57:41 AM »
i'd ask laschek (via pm). he has tons of manuals ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Laschek

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 12:19:54 PM »

Not for those, never even heard of these monitors  ???

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 12:42:35 PM »

Not for those, never even heard of these monitors  ???

These are not arcade monitors but they were used in for instance the information panels at airports. Great lowres monitors for use with lowres game consoles like the MD, SNES, Saturn, NeoGeo etc. Fantastic looking scanlines and very crsip images.

Vnera

• View Profile
Monitor manueel.
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2011, 07:20:01 PM »
Last day i got a generic royal video cabinet. I'm planning to go J-pac mame on it and have it so that when the monitor is in horizontal position it wile fire up a other version of mame that only has horizontal games in it and when its vertical a vertical mame version.

The cabinet came in working. The colors where real weird in the start but after 10 seconds the pic was great! I touch it was normal because the machine wasnt used for more then 10 years!

It also came whit 3 pcbs so i start playing a game of wonder boy on it.

But after 15 min the colors when out of sync again. I opened up the cabinet to config the monitor but it was the wrong door. But when i shot the door (used a littel force) The monitor when dead. No neck glow no nothing. I tried to measer the power supplie but i think it has a safty build it because it isnt turning on when There isnt a monitor connected.

Now i i was looking for monitor Manuel to try to finde and fix the problem (Still wane know what for games the other pcbs are :twisted: )

The type is a golstar monitor A4BKMX02XX

I tryed searching for it but i onli finde monitors for a dartboard :(

Hope somebody knows a site where i can download the monitor manuals!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Monitor manueel.
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2011, 07:26:08 PM »
When you open a door on a cab (the coin-door or the backdoor) there usually is a lock-out switch there that interrupts the mains power. This is a safety measure.
Thus, it is normal that the monitor shuts down when you open a door...

You can usually PULL these switches outwards while keeping the door open/removed to return the mains power. Try that first.

The picture trouble you describe sounds like a sync problem to me. When you have everything running, try to adjust the H-sync and V-sync pots.

This:

A4BKMX02XX

is a tube (CRT) code, it's NOT the monitor model or type.... To identify the monitor you'll need to look at the chassis and ID it. (Pictures would help).

Vnera

• View Profile
Re: Monitor manueel.
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2011, 08:38:51 PM »
There wasnt any switch that the machine that shut of the power of the monitor. :(

Here are some pics of the cabinet.