Author Topic: Anyone looking for a Gorf ?  (Read 10040 times)

jcp

• View Profile
Re: Anyone looking for a Gorf ?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 06:13:19 PM »
Well, I will send to him a message about you  ;).

edit : done.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 06:16:09 PM by jcp »

atarimania

• View Profile
    • Atarimania
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 06:54:25 PM »
Thanks Andre for the info.

Superully if you changed your mind, please tell me, I'm not going to contact him now, you're the first  ;)
Have You Played Atari Today ?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »
thx a lot for your support guys and to atarimania for taking one step back - i appreciate it. love your avatar by the way :D

let's see if he responds, this ad has been "on" for two days, normally someone else must have grabbed it by now!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 09:02:19 PM »
It looks good for Ully  ;).

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 04, 2011, 11:00:16 PM »
looks like i'll be going on another huuuge roadtrip in march (= school holidays) :). turns out that the seller has a second gorf in pretty bad condition :arrow:

as you can see, this does not have the original joystick, both monitor and bezel are missing, but because gorf cabs come apart easily, i've decided to go for both cabs and use the second beat up cab either for spare parts OR restore it side by side with the first one (because i will already have the correct paint and setup then). i can then give / sell it to someone interested in it either for a full resto or for putting a gorf mame setup inside of it - because a full set of gorf boards is damn difficult to find!

thx to andré for bringing this gorf up, to colin for the seller's name and to the others for taking a step back :-*. i've watched a couple of gorf videos in the meantime and that game rocks. it is going to fit so nicely next to my wizard of wor (same speech style, some company). so cool, i'm really excited - and the price was too good to be missed!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2011, 08:05:23 AM »
And "shapewise" it fits nice next to your pleiads too if i remember correctly...

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2011, 10:07:11 AM »
Good news.

Mine is missing a small bit of the inside art to the left and right of the Bezel. This hasn't been repro'ed as far as I know so if you're ripping one apart, a nice scan would be welcome.
I doubt it can be vectorized as it's more of an airbrush piece, but a nice full res bitmap could be a start.
findapinball.com - The European pinball locator

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 05, 2011, 01:19:36 PM »
Ah, a second one! Please do not part it out. I'm sure there a quite a lot of people who will be very happy with it.

btw, is the gorf pcb the very big one? 7 boards or something?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2011, 01:51:18 PM »
Yep....

atarimania

• View Profile
    • Atarimania
« Reply #24 on: February 05, 2011, 02:19:30 PM »
Nice catch !!!
Have You Played Atari Today ?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2011, 07:36:59 PM »
i forgot to say THANK YOU to jpc for vouching for me - thx man! :-*

as i've said: i'm not going to destroy the second cab, i'm going to restore it as well (this is going to be my first double resto). this cab has to be saved, although it's beat and missing a lot of parts!