Author Topic: Crystal Castles Kickplate Artwork  (Read 24144 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Crystal Castles Kickplate Artwork
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2011, 06:18:30 AM »
Really,  How can I not?  How would you have taken it?

next time...  ask

Instead of attacking the work of someone that was doint it for me as a favor, remember that its a v1 and that he would have been more than happy to tweak it and probably make it available in a larger format/resolution...

We absolutely appriciate this kind of efforts, dont get us wrong.

Only thing is that if you want to print it, 72dpi will give this as a result:

So it needs to be 600 dpi or higher to get a decent print result. What looks great on screen, does not look good when you "blow it up"
Anyway, the only thing chris needs to do with this file is to convert it to vectors, wich basicly means drawing the complete art again in Illy..

and thats what he already is doing with the sources he got, so this was a great gesture, but the work he has afterall to make it suitable for use for printing is the same, so in that sence it is not suitable.

We do NOT say that he did not do a good job, it looks brilliant (on screen...)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2011, 08:07:22 AM »
Really,  How can I not?  How would you have taken it?

next time...  ask

Instead of attacking the work of someone that was doint it for me as a favor, remember that its a v1 and that he would have been more than happy to tweak it and probably make it available in a larger format/resolution...
Hey keep cool nobody was attacking the work here.  ???
Pointing out what could be corrected is exactly what I did so where's the problem? would you rather have me saying 'it's really perfect' and never use it?
Check Etienne's clear explanation above, it's just not possible to get a good result if you print the file as it is, it's just a fact.
...and again thank you very  very much for your help here, but if you can't take a little criticism please don't submit your work on a public forum.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2011, 08:23:35 AM »
Wow-wow-wow, guys don't let this get out of hands....

I've known Barry (well not in person, but it feels pretty close to it) for a long time, and he has gone through great lengths to help me with the hobby in various ways.

I also met Chris not too long ago and he also helped out a lot by offering to store the monitors from the group-buy and even bring them to The Netherlands for us. He also was a nice guy and fun to "talk arcade"  with...

So I like you guys both and I'm sure if you'd know each other you'd like each other as well..

Let me use a nice saying from France here: C’est le ton qui fait la musique... (and I think Barry's response was more aimed at McVenco's response in that sense).

I think everyone appreciates Barry's and his friends' try to help out (and this is mentioned) but I can also see that the work is of little use for this project.
It's a shame about the invested time, but better to be honest and clear about it before maybe even more work was put in...

So please guys, shake hands.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2011, 10:06:38 AM »
I could not say it better Andre +1!  :spaceace:

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2011, 10:28:28 AM »
Yes, absolutely: let's shake hands (and have a beer of course)

(yes this is a picture of me, I always wear a suit at home when I'm not working)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:16:51 PM by chrischris »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2011, 10:49:44 AM »

(yes this is a picture of me, I always wear a suit at home when I'm not working)

Chris.....I love your sense of humor !

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2011, 10:56:30 AM »
What? What are you talking about André?
Suit up, guys!  ;)