Author Topic: a sad day indeed - my pole position cockpit is no more ...  (Read 14581 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
a sad day indeed - my pole position cockpit is no more ...
« on: January 20, 2011, 06:03:46 PM »

i was just informed that the pole position cockpit i bought about two years ago for 150 euros has been destroyed :'(. shortly after i acquired it back then, the seller got into a legal dispute where he had to shut down his warehouse and wasn't allowed to give out any items from inside until the dispute was settled. after two years of countless court hours i got news today that the contents of the warehouse had all been brought to the dumpster. i still have the manuals, the metal topper, the roof plexi, floor rails and a couple of screws which i all removed when i was there the first time with my car. i wanted to return a short while later with a van for the pickup, but it was just a little too late! :'( :'( :'(

R.I.P. - MY POLE POSITION COCKPIT

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: a sad day indeed - my pole position cockpit is no more ...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 06:26:30 PM »
WTF! - i can´t believe it, what was the purpose of destroying the machines in there???!!!!
This is stupidity beyond everything i have ever heard of!!!!!!
So sorry for your loss! - it would have looked nice next to your PPUR!

..... jeeeez!!!!!!

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 07:12:01 PM »
Sad to hear that,  a great loss indeed and huge human stupidity! :-[ :'( :evil:
I hope you will find a nice one one day. ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 07:23:38 PM »
WTF! - i can´t believe it, what was the purpose of destroying the machines in there???!!!!

the purpose was that the owner didn't want to pay the rent for the warehouse anymore (2000 euros per month, it is huuuuuuge), so he hired a firm to clean out and destroy everything inside. he told me he had simply forgotten about me and the machine, otherwise he would have set it aside. what a jerk, i've called him almost every month to ask for an update of the dispute, how could he forget me? well, he's almost 80 years old, but is that a good enough excuse?

i'm extremely p***ed and above all disappointed and sad, because the warehouse is a mere 50 kilometers away from my place. DAMN!!!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2011, 07:33:19 PM »
Have you tried to contact the firm who cleaned the storage? - maby they (hopefully) saved some of the machines??

But still, what an 80 year old jerk!.....  :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2011, 07:37:05 PM »
Have you tried to contact the firm who cleaned the storage?

i haven't, but the old dude is 100% sure that everything is gone for good! :'(

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 07:49:57 PM »
sorry to hear that ully
but i am sure you will find another in some time

what an ass to "forget"  you, even you remembered him every month....
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 08:36:33 PM by Etienne »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »
Have you tried to contact the firm who cleaned the storage?

i haven't, but the old dude is 100% sure that everything is gone for good! :'(

..... and this he is 100% sure of???!!!........

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 08:35:10 PM »
 :evil:

I hope you got your money back at least!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 08:35:35 PM »
DAMN !!! That sucks !!!!
 :evil: :evil:

If it is any comfort at all: I know a PP that dearly is in need for a roof plexi:

Here's your chance to do something in return :)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2011, 08:59:23 PM »
If it is any comfort at all: I know a PP that dearly is in need for a roof plexi. Here's your chance to do something in return :)

i would gladly give it to you, andré, so i just got it out of storage (it's been sitting there for 2 years). unfortunately (and i didn't remember that) it is also damaged. there is no piece missing, but there's a huge running through it :arrow:

it looks better than yours, but of course that's far from perfect. but it you want it, it's yours! however, i know where to get another one (and you know that as well, but please don't tell anyone), so the next time i go there i might get it for you!

what i could give to you is a manual along with the schematics - somehow i've got two of each ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2011, 09:08:48 PM »
Now that offer I cannot refuse of course !!! That would be brilliant ! You know I love to have original manuals of all my machines :)

Thanks Ully !!

About the plexi: Never mind....that's not up to my standards as you know ;) ;)

What I do like to ask: Is the piece bent or is it simply flat and gets bent because it's mounted in a bend (if you understand what I clumsely mean to explain)....

I can have the plexi repro'd of course, no problem and you guys all know I hate the brown/bronze colored plexi anyway :)

I was going to ask about the topper/marquee but I'm not sure if I actually would like it....

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 10:28:59 PM »
What a shame and what a waste. Old people do crazy things and you can't blame them for it. They always have a clean conscience because they have forgotten all about it the next day.

But I'm sure that you will find another one, or might even have found another one already.

ataritoobin

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2011, 11:21:31 PM »
Ouch  :o  Sorry to hear that, Ully  :'(

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 06:57:33 AM »
Now that offer I cannot refuse of course !!! That would be brilliant ! You know I love to have original manuals of all my machines :)
Thanks Ully !!

no problem at all. you've done so much for me, that's the least i could do. so the set of manuals is yours, i'm setting them aside for later delivery / pickup / whatever ;)

What I do like to ask: Is the piece bent or is it simply flat and gets bent because it's mounted in a bend (if you understand what I clumsely mean to explain)....

well, the piece definitely is NOT flat, but i don't know whether the bend derives from the plexi having been mounted in the cab or whether it was there originally. i honestly don't know and can't tell!

I was going to ask about the topper/marquee but I'm not sure if I actually would like it....

i'm definitely going to keep this, because it was damn hard to get, it cost a lot to have it shipped over (solid steel) and it can go on both an upright and a cockpit cab. so no matter what, it will be put to good use eventually!