Author Topic: ## Road Trip ## GALAXIAN THEATER from NAMCO !!!  (Read 744430 times)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: ## Road Trip ## GALAXIAN THEATER from NAMCO !!!
« Reply #255 on: January 16, 2013, 01:03:56 PM »
lol!  ;D

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 16, 2013, 01:06:31 PM »
I guess I have mentionted this before but back in time I have vomited in your Galaxian 3

bwahahaha Brilliant!

Good work there Bruno, I'm keeping track and McLovin' it.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 16, 2013, 01:21:40 PM »
I guess I have mentionted this before but back in time I have vomited in your Galaxian 3 (Lunapark at Blankenbergen)   :oops:  :oops:  :lol: - not sure which seat though.  ;D

Let me make a guess....  ;D ;D ;D ;D

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 16, 2013, 02:30:16 PM »
Infact, Atarikid, now that we know who it was, you should come and help Bruno clean the soiled parts, free of charge. Very noble of you, I'm sure that Bruno will consider your apology later.

Do you remember which station it was? Not on any laser gun, was it?

Damn.. to puke inside a G3!? That must be the best game killer ever. I wonder how long the odeur was there, it must have been devastating for the game's income.

It wasn't enough to just fart in there, was it? You had to throw up.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2013, 02:38:46 PM by uncletom »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #259 on: January 16, 2013, 06:03:34 PM »
I guess I have mentionted this before but back in time I have vomited in your Galaxian 3 (Lunapark at Blankenbergen)   :oops:  :oops:  :lol: - not sure which seat though.  ;D

LOL! Yes, already mentioned somewhere here ...I remember that!  ::) ...Everything has been 'disinfected' since! :P Mhhh, still do not not If I'll let you in ::) ;)

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 16, 2013, 07:56:43 PM »
Well, I was kind of looking forward to enjoying a namco-burger sitting at station 3, or 4, but now I'm not so sure. Maybe I'll just go outside on the lawn to eat. Outside would be the best place to eat anyway.

Bruno, you will have some sort of game-day once the G3 is up and running, will you not? I could take a week to travel with Camilla, to Paris perhaps, she loves Paris, and stop by your place along the way.

atarikid

• View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 17, 2013, 12:59:05 PM »

LOL! Yes, already mentioned somewhere here ...I remember that!  ::) ...Everything has been 'disinfected' since! :P Mhhh, still do not not If I'll let you in ::) ;)

:D :D :D :D

It's a small world isn't it. :) Who had guessed I am reading here on a forum you are assembling a hugh G3 that I have played (and vomited in ;)). Unbelievable!
Coder of EasyMame
- Pinball Star Trek NG
- Mame cabinet

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 19, 2013, 01:58:12 PM »
Episode E03 & E04 are now available in this video ;)  :arrow:

8)

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 19, 2013, 05:38:12 PM »
Theater takes shape !!! Go Go Bruno  :spaceace: :spaceace:
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 19, 2013, 05:44:53 PM »
Damn ! you move fast dude !  
oh wait.... its fast playback ;D ;D ;D

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 20, 2013, 12:28:05 AM »
it's great fun to watch, nice music too 8)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 20, 2013, 09:56:59 AM »
EPISODE 07: "Life on Mars?"

Starring : Darth Nuno, Sam

Mars?

What's this? Where am I? ... Ok it's the 'central tunnel' part  :arrow:

This 'tunnel' will lead power/video/sound wires from the control box (the one in the middle) to the front of the theater. Here's part after removing all that dust coming form mars!  :arrow:

The black part (that will hold the bass speaker, you will see it later) need to be repaint (too much rust on side), here we go...

While the black paint is drying, the main tunnel part is now clean... and almost on location :

It's also time to restore the six 'cord cover'. Same process for all of them : remove rust...

...sand them, first layer of primer...

...two layers of black, and here we are... brand new!  :)  :arrow:

Oh, remember I told you all the parts were on the same location now? Well, one major part was missing... still located in a room from my father's house!
So, on the road again!  ;D  :arrow:

Now inside the V3! That major part is called 'Gate Center'  8)  :arrow:

What? Still something missing in the V3? Even after the 'REUNION DAY'?  Yes... where are the three bases that will be located in front of the theater? Oh I remember, they are in the room located under the Nuno's Lair V1! Remember, it's the room I use to store garden tools (and where I use to paint by the way). Ok, let's bring them inside the V3...

They are very heavy because they will support the weight of the front structure, but also players walking on them.

Ok, now it's time to prepare the three control boxes and all the connectivity between them. Here's the first control box...

...and the wires to connect to the second control box :

Namco did it well! Impossible to go wrong here! Connectors are different shapes and colors.
Now connected, I can 'join' these two boxes together  :arrow:

Now, let's examine the connectivity between the second and the third box  :arrow:

Mhhh, I'll have to remember that modification and figure out why it has be done...

Everything is now connected at this level, thanks to the installation manual but also pictures from the disassembling fiver years ago  8)

Ok, so the three control boxes are now connected together, but some wires are going on the left wall, starting that third control box...

...let's open that 'left wall' part...

Ok, these connectors will provide electricity to the neons/bass speaker + sound signal from the third control box...

...into the base screen :

It takes shape!  :-*

Now, the video :arrow:

The End
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 08:24:04 AM by DarthNuno »

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 20, 2013, 11:01:02 AM »
Some people read the news, I read this. Excellent report again, thanks Bruno.

Because my brain is constantly supplied with oxygen, it can't stop to think. When I contemplate the layout of the large 'cinema cabinet' there are a few ideas that come to me. Like, how do you get access to the electronics once the cabinet is assembled? Let us for a moment consider to troubleshoot one of the PCBs inside the controlbox, perhaps you'd need to measure the +5V. With all side panels and roof in place how would you go about to acces the boards compartment?

I keep thinking that it would be alot smarter if all the boards like video-rendering, processing, overlay .. , and power distribution, were located in one and the same rack mount tower of some sort, like servers and lab equipment. It would save a lot of space, make access simpler and surely also keep the cooling more optimal. Why split all the parts into segements connected via these connector-panels, placing it all infront of the player gun-stations?

Now, even though I downloaded your manual, my Foxit reader can't open it, and my old Acrobat reader tells me there's something wrong with the file. So I don't have a complete overview of the machine.

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 20, 2013, 11:31:07 AM »
Alright, I've installed Acrobat 111 now so I can look in the manual. Also, by looking at your pictures I see that there is some space between the screen panels and the player stations. So the boards are placed inside these controlboxes A, B and C, easilly accessible it seems.

Do you really need all the side panels mounted? And the roof? I find it quite sufficient with the screen and gun stations. It gives a more open feel to it, and if there is no sun to bother the picture then it would be good as it is, no?

The projectors will still need stable support though. So you can't really omitt the "entrance gate".

A good reason for installing any kind of roof would be to make a second floor ontop of the G3 where you could place some lower type cabinets, putting some stairs next to the G3.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 20, 2013, 11:44:57 AM »
I see that there is some space between the screen panels and the player stations. So the boards are placed inside these controlboxes A, B and C, easilly accessible it seems.

Yes, all that stuff are still easily accessible once the theater reassembled.

Do you really need all the side panels mounted? And the roof? I find it quite sufficient with the screen and gun stations. It gives a more open feel to it, and if there is no sun to bother the picture then it would be good as it is, no?
The projectors will still need stable support though. So you can't really omitt the "entrance gate".
A good reason for installing any kind of roof would be to make a second floor ontop of the G3 where you could place some lower type cabinets, putting some stairs next to the G3.

Nope, the Theater must be complete! Or it won't be a Galaxian Theater... In addition, the front structure hide many wires, without counting it supports and gives the right orientation to the projectors, special lightening, speakers and other effects...  8)