Author Topic: Arcade exposition in Amsterdam  (Read 29483 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: Arcade exposition in Amsterdam
« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 08:55:37 AM »
http://www.zie.nl/profile/NUnl/ingezonden/Tentoonstelling-van-arcadekasten/m1fzvhwfh340

I see a Gotcha in that video. I presume it the one who was listed on ebay.de last year If I remember well? Who is the owner of this one by the way?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 01:03:54 PM »
I see a Gotcha in that video. I presume it the one who was listed on ebay.de last year If I remember well? Who is the owner of this one by the way?

i'm pretty sure it isn't! it went to the retrogamers in karlsruhe and i don't think they are displaying anything at the exhibition, are they? btw, i'm still mad at myself for not jumping at that gotcha, i made the wrong decision :'(
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2011, 09:36:04 PM »
WOW, a Sega Jet Rocket  :o :P . Working?

Wow, We recently went back to Cedar Point... And Saw This!  Yes! The were working fine... and I even asked the operator of the arcade.... Why are these still in here.. and not in a museum/collector's hands? He said They have been there since they were uncrated and placed there.. and the park has the same owners.  They consider them a part of the park.   Note:  I went up to them and looked them over... VERY NICE, almost perfect codition... Mainly due to the fact that no one gives them a look or play..  :'( 

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #34 on: February 07, 2011, 09:42:47 PM »
Yeah, read about that place on KLOV etc.

I would nag the guy for HOURS, DAYS, MONTHS to sell me that Lunar Lander. Just until he says YES ! MAN IT LOOKS LIKE BRAND NEW !!!

And I'd take that WOW as well ;)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 07, 2011, 10:47:28 PM »
Dress as a technician and bring out that lunar lander on a trolley! No one cares for it anyway in there.
 :shock: :shock: :shock:
(and the light of that gameroom is way too bright, it might damage the sideart colors ;))

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #36 on: February 07, 2011, 10:57:24 PM »
That Atari Hercules pinball is nuts !

In the very very early days of my arcade hobby I saw one and actually played it (a bit). It sucked in every possible way. Indeed, BIGGER is surely not always BETTER ! :)
It was for sale at the same place (and time) as the place that sold the array of NOS Nintendo red-tents.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 07, 2011, 11:02:59 PM »
That Atari Hercules pinball is nuts !

i've seen sascha's hercules pinball at the weekend. this uses up the same space as SIX upright arcade games! it's gigantonormous :shock: :shock: :shock:
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2011, 07:57:11 AM »
Well compliments for the Centipede ball fix. That one was damn smooth! Only too slow for my feeling, but MAME may mix that up (I like its much more sensitive setting). The screen of the Centipede is hallucinating bright, which brings me to marijuana-pong in front of the toilets. I needed to pee, only to find out there was a coffee shop between the arcade and the loo with the weird name "smoke pong", where no one was playing, only smoking grass. I wonder what the people in my next business meeting were thinking.

Being treated very nice at Play Belgium last year, this expo was a bit of a down turn. The guy at the reception was not really a host, but mostly busy skyping on his applebook. I only managed to spend 1 euro on the classics, as many of them did not charge money at all. I'm not interested in all that fancy 2011 Facebook, RIFD, Foursquare tagging mambo-jambo, I just want to play good games.

As hand-held collector I was interested in this "new" addition for the last phase of the expo, but that part was really bad. I offered the guy like 15 doubles I have to play on (very nice ones), but he said no thanks I get 300 from someone. Well, that 300 are sealed in 300 bags, being mostly standard Nintendo's G&W, cheap chinese ones from 1985 and lots of GameBoys, hanging in front of the windows (if you want to check them, you better be the window cleaner on the street), and the 10 table tops are of the worst taken care off condition from Marktplaats I guess, not running, again faced to the street. The only positive part of this last phase of the expo is that I saw a Coleco Zaxxon in real, and I am convinced this is an ugly beast not worth the average 150 euro they ask for it, so I keep that in the wallet.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:58:49 AM by Blanka »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #39 on: March 06, 2011, 11:16:01 PM »
Well compliments for the Centipede ball fix. That one was damn smooth! Only too slow for my feeling, but MAME may mix that up (I like its much more sensitive setting).

Yeah....I thought about getting some other wheels (with finer meshed "holes") to quicken it a bit. I agree with you on this. On the other hand....that's how they wanted it to be ;)

I think the track-ball on my Centi is even smoother than the one on Robbie's machine however, that may have changed after all the play that it gets in being there for three months. I wonder how the rollers will look after that time.....