Author Topic: Star Wars fans? ;-)  (Read 150543 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Star Wars fans? ;-)
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2012, 03:21:58 PM »
You are right, money never equals feelings like that.

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2012, 04:31:17 PM »
Definitely keep them! thanks for the pics.
I still have some of my SW toys but I didn't keep the boxes like you did.
I also had that CAP2, used to stick it on windows (it has suction cups at the end of it's legs).

Russ J

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2012, 09:25:06 PM »
Definitely keep them! thanks for the pics.
I still have some of my SW toys but I didn't keep the boxes like you did.
I also had that CAP2, used to stick it on windows (it has suction cups at the end of it's legs).

Cheers mate,like i said i would regret it as soon as the buyer walked out of the door  :'( those puppies ain't going no where  8)

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 12, 2012, 05:58:29 PM »
Russ, a few years ago I was mad for collecting the Kenner Star Wars figures. I think I have every character loose now, with a couple of carded ones too.

I noticed you have the weapons seperate from the figures. Is that because you don't know which weapon belongs to which figure?

I have a great article in a collectors magazine that has photos of every figure and variation detailing each weapon too. Dunno if a scan would be any use to you.

I noticed you are missing the vinyl caped Jawa, him and the Blue Snaggletooth are the pinnacle of a Star Wars figures collection. You do have a Yak Face and Luke in Stormtrooper outfit and both those are pretty rare though :)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 12, 2012, 06:46:14 PM »
If you have that handy, I'm interested in that scan, Dazza...
All my action figures are mixed in a bag with the weapons, maybe I have some treasures in there  ::)

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2012, 06:55:36 PM »
Man this brings back memories. I remember getting the Slave I for christmas, I think I still have it somewhere but I bet it will be missing parts. I had a lot of Starwars toys but nearly all were thrown away  :-\

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2012, 07:31:36 PM »
I was literally dreaming about that one...  :-*  :arrow:

...but my parents were not able to find it at the time (no Internet at the time, only a couple of shops with not enough stuff  :-\) ... So I got the X-Wing! Nice too, but hey ... I'm a Sith Lord anyway  ;D

Russ J

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2012, 12:20:45 AM »
Russ, a few years ago I was mad for collecting the Kenner Star Wars figures. I think I have every character loose now, with a couple of carded ones too.

I noticed you have the weapons seperate from the figures. Is that because you don't know which weapon belongs to which figure?

I have a great article in a collectors magazine that has photos of every figure and variation detailing each weapon too. Dunno if a scan would be any use to you.

I noticed you are missing the vinyl caped Jawa, him and the Blue Snaggletooth are the pinnacle of a Star Wars figures collection. You do have a Yak Face and Luke in Stormtrooper outfit and both those are pretty rare though :)

yes i no what weapon goes with what figure Daz (well 80% if them anyway  :lol: i usually keep them all seperate from the figures but all in one large press & seal bag just.When i were younger i alwasys lost and then found Princess Leia's small gun  :roll:,it was always that gun that 'walked' for some reason.The only accessory i don't have is the cloud car pilots small white 'walkie talkie' thingy  :( ) also the small round table that is in the Cantina (my brother lost that for me many years ago (the tw@t :evil: :lol:)...

I do remember my mate having the Jawa with the brown plastic cape but when i got mine a few mths later (probably part of a birthday present if i remember rightly) mine had the cloth cape and i thought mine was far better  :roll:

I did buy a Starwars collectors guide book 17-18 years ago.It was called 'Tomarts priceguide'

This book shows what weapon went with what figure...

According to the Tomarts book the Blue Snaggletooth was only available in the States in the the American version of the Cantina by 'Sears' its pretty rare apparently ?
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 12:26:15 AM by Russ J »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2012, 10:09:35 AM »
I read about the Blue Snaggletooth online> apparently it was a mistake in production (all they had to design it was a B/W picture and only from half of the body, so they got the size and colors wrong)... so it got pulled off, hence the rarity.
I also have the cloth caped jawa and I remember choosing that one because it looked better than the plastic caped one (both were available at my local toy shop)... duh!!!!!

Russ J

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2012, 03:34:24 PM »
Thats right i remember reading somewhere about that with the Snaggletooth....

regarding the Jawa...shame we couldn't go back in a delorean and and buy a few boxes of that particular figure and any other rare one that there may be  :( :lol:

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2012, 03:38:21 PM »
 ;D
... but he good thing is that I still agree with myself: the cloth caped one definitely looked better than the plastic caped one  ;)

Russ J

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2012, 03:45:12 PM »
totally agree with you there Chris  8)

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 20, 2012, 10:48:50 AM »

Don't know if any of you have seen this. They basically divided the complete Star Wars film into 15 second segments and let fans all over the web remake them any way they wanted. It's now all been spliced together into a complete movie.

http://vimeo.com/34948855

findapinball.com - The European pinball locator

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2012, 08:10:46 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands