Author Topic: -Road Trip- Bentley Bear and his Castles  (Read 64234 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: -Road Trip- Bentley Bear and his Castles
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2010, 01:02:27 PM »
Maybe noone except Ully was interested in the game so they thought it'd be cheaper to ship a handfull of machines over the pond  ;D

could be the case, unfortunately they forgot to send one over to me, but instead, it landed in someone's house who doesn't care about that game at all :P
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Laschek

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2010, 01:25:49 PM »
Maybe noone except Ully was interested in the game so they thought it'd be cheaper to ship a handfull of machines over the pond  ;D

could be the case, unfortunately they forgot to send one over to me, but instead, it landed in someone's house who doesn't care about that game at all :P

Yeah, shame on people like that. At least I like to look at it, such a beautiful cab  ;D

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2010, 01:41:17 PM »
It probably just sold much worse then they expected....so they sent over the remaining machines....

Alpha is right about the first machines beginning to be build in Ireland (everything pre 1980 is US built, so was my Dominos) but does anybody have a clue when they stopped production in Ireland ?

How about the System x machines ?

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2010, 02:09:28 PM »
It probably just sold much worse then they expected....so they sent over the remaining machines....

Alpha is right about the first machines beginning to be build in Ireland (everything pre 1980 is US built, so was my Dominos) but does anybody have a clue when they stopped production in Ireland ?

How about the System x machines ?

The Atari Ireland factory turned into a Namco factory after it's demise. A UK collector called XY-Man went over to the Atari Ireland factory when it closed down and took everything that was left in it.

This included:

1 prototype Metal Maniax machine
Quite a few Atari CAT boxes
All the master roms
All internal documentation between Atari US and Atari Ireland
leaflets, flyers, other documentation
any left over games

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2010, 02:24:09 PM »

robotype

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2010, 12:29:52 PM »
very nice crystal castles! looks perfect. me too I just fixed mine thanks to scr££n who gave me a working G07 chassis the other day, game pcb works but I need to replace the 3 shafts (rollers) in the trackball otherwise impossible to play (anybody knows where to get new ones possibly in europe?). btw, a licensed european cc cab exists and was made by bertolino in italy, looks almost the same. mine is american though...fun game and great looking cab.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 10:52:12 AM by robotype »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2010, 02:10:30 PM »
I need to replace the 3 shafts (rollers) in the trackball otherwise impossible to play (anybody knows where to get new ones possibly in europe?).

i would order them from dave at ramcontrols. quality is perfect and shipping to europe isn't expensive!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Laschek

« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2010, 09:10:07 AM »
Mad isn't it. I have noticed only Lunar Lander and Crystal Castles are like this so far. There may be a few others, but nearly everything I have checked since Asteroids onwards was built in Ireland also.

For those interested: yesterday I noticed that our Sprint 1 is Irish buiilt. This supposedly came out in 1978, so could this be the first/one of the first that was made there? Avalanche and Super Bug are both from '77 and are still US built.
CORRECTION: Avalanche is also from 1978, but ours is made in USA:

« Last Edit: November 08, 2010, 09:12:10 AM by Laschek »

robotype

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2010, 10:50:01 AM »

i would order them from dave at ramcontrols. quality is perfect and shipping to europe isn't expensive!

thank you ully!

Wil2000

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2010, 02:45:10 PM »
Damn, this cab seems in a really good shape, very nice catch! ;)

TimePilot

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Atari enthusiast from eastern germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2010, 11:00:31 PM »
yes, thanks, it is in very good condition, but it was not cheap... :? ;)