Author Topic: Road Trip - Outbound (Aero City) and inbound (Space Invaders - Qix)  (Read 31799 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Road Trip - Outbound (Aero City) and inbound (Space Invaders - Qix)
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2010, 12:41:30 PM »
thx for sharing your roadtrip with us, erik! must have been HELL :twisted: when you realized your navsat is producing errors in the middle of london, but that's what you get from a burned cd ;)

although i'm no fan of those reunion cabinets (because i think they are missing the flair of the original cabs and of course some vital elements like the moon on space invaders), i'm sure the cab is going to be a great addition to your gameroom. qix is a qik-ass game 8)

It sure will. And these reunion cabinets are original and dedicated, you know.  ;) :)

Anyway, I think that my game collection is almost complete, although I would still very much like a Robotron, a Tempest and/or a Black widow. Maybe some day ......

The only thing still missing for my gameroom is a pinball (or two), and then gaming fun for everyone is guaranteed (classic cabs, candy cabs, football table, pinball, console gaming). It will be an allround gameroom.

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2010, 09:33:41 AM »
Nice catch Erick, a great addition to your collection!
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

Wil2000

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2010, 04:19:06 PM »
Very nice cab, in great condition! And I am sure the cocktail table was the one I saw in Rklok' warehouse when I went to Appeldoorn to pick my Sega Blast City, a very nice cab!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2010, 08:19:33 PM »
Very nice cab, in great condition! And I am sure the cocktail table was the one I saw in Rklok' warehouse when I went to Appeldoorn to pick my Sega Blast City, a very nice cab!

Welcome here.

You could be right, although rklok had several of these Aero tables. He gave them a complete repaint job, new stickers, controls and voila, there is a nice looking table.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2010, 07:27:27 PM »
And the space Invaders / Qix cab left my collection this evening. I had it only for roughly 2 months, but I bought it because of Qix, a game of which I never expected to find an original Taito cab. But last week I did, so the 'multi cab' became redundant.

It did find a new home in Germany.