Author Topic: Australian LD cab... RARE !  (Read 10062 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Australian LD cab... RARE !
« on: February 11, 2007, 09:36:07 AM »
Have a look at this cab :

This cab was on australian ebay. Here's the seller description regarding this cab :

CABINET is made by LEISURE and ALLIED industries and in good solid original condition which retains the original SDI sideart and has no signs of any water damage or any other major damage, has a few chips and scratches as most cabinets of this era do.
these cabinets were one of the benchmark shape used by LAI for early 80s games and were fitted with various classic gameboards from that era
they were also used predominently for laser disc games such as
DRAGONS LAIR , COBRA COMMAND etc which explains the empty compartment at inside bottom of cabinet, that was area where laser disc player was usually fitted on a slide out drawer.
there is plenty of space inside these cabs and it has very easy access due to a removable lower front wooden panel and rear door is also removable
coin door has a few dents and is missing coin mechs from inside door, game can still be started though as a basic credit button has been fitted to the front of coin door
cabinet approximate dimensions are
HEIGHT-1.8 m
WIDTH-64 cm
DEPTH-75 cm
MONITOR is a 20" colour,it actually works and all colours are present and can be used as is, but could do with a minor service as some colours are brighter than others and picture is a bit flat, photo of screenshot is of actual monitor but photo makes it look worse than actually is because i had to use a different (lower res) camera to take screenshot, and was taken outside in shaded daylight
CONTROL PANEL is factory fitted LAI which retains original SDI artwork and has the unique joystick ( with fire buttons at top ) plus dual track balls which are both needed to play this game
INTERNALS cabinet wiring appears to be complete and has been wired with a factory fitted 22 pin leisure and allied harness so other games fitted with this system can be plugged in and played.
original SDI gameboard which is tested and working is also included

More details soon  8)

Igorstellar

• View Profile
    • http://www.italian-laser-games.it
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2007, 05:02:22 PM »
:D I had seen this auction and I am sorry both so very distant from me  :shock:
this is the Australian version of DL
there am also photo on DLP  
http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/games/materials/cabinets/large/dla_01.jpg
http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/games/materials/cabinets/large/dla_02.jpg

FINNY(uk)

• View Profile
    • http://www.jasonfinn.com
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2007, 08:36:47 PM »
Hi Bruno,

Yes I bought the cab and had it sent to a friend of mine based in Melbourne Australia, I have a Australian DL, and also a Australian DL2 at my friends, so the cab you have shown is going to be converted to an Australian Space Ace, I have a lead on the Marquee and Control Panel, so as soon as I get them all  back to the UK  my Collection of all DL, DL2, and SA will be complete (AT LAST) now that collection has been hard work.

regards
-jas
"Aim for the Moon! if you fall short your be with the Stars"

brian

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 03:22:17 AM »
Quote from: "FINNY(uk)"
Hi Bruno,

Yes I bought the cab and had it sent to a friend of mine based in Melbourne Australia, I have a Australian DL, and also a Australian DL2 at my friends, so the cab you have shown is going to be converted to an Australian Space Ace, I have a lead on the Marquee and Control Panel, so as soon as I get them all  back to the UK  my Collection of all DL, DL2, and SA will be complete (AT LAST) now that collection has been hard work.

regards
-jas

Congratulations. My hats off to you. Your collection is simply amazing.