Author Topic: [Missile Command]  (Read 18540 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: [Missile Command]
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2010, 10:37:38 AM »
Wow. Nice. But you got a full-size upright, plays much easier than my former cabaret ;)

You´re right about that, it´s easier to play with the big trackball, though it could need some new barrings.....

What you haven't even changed them yet ? You seem to be pretty lazy lately...... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Unplayable if it's the original one's (and you can sure improve your score further.) I still think it's an amazing score. MC gets SO hard SO quickly.....actually one of the reasons I let mine go....

Muerto

• 'High Score' keeper
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 04, 2010, 10:49:25 AM »
Wow. Nice. But you got a full-size upright, plays much easier than my former cabaret ;)

You´re right about that, it´s easier to play with the big trackball, though it could need some new barrings.....

What you haven't even changed them yet ? You seem to be pretty lazy lately...... ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

Unplayable if it's the original one's (and you can sure improve your score further.) I still think it's an amazing score. MC gets SO hard SO quickly.....actually one of the reasons I let mine go....

Hehe, youre right about the laziness, but have been pretty busy lately with other things.... (!) but maby later today ill take the CP apart, and see if it will improve my score...
And youre right about it´s getting hard! hate those smart bombs!!!! though theres an easy way to hit them.... ;) if youre good, which i´m not!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 06:38:29 AM »
Found this on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZD9SuP4IYE&NR=1

Rush Rulez !

Don't know the series though, but its chuck Season 2 episode 5
downloading this episode now..

for those of you who have FTP access here, its in the folder "chuck missle command"

be patience though, its 1563 megs, and upload is not so fast  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2010, 09:28:43 AM »
See how little he has to turn the ball to reach all corners of the screen. On a cabaret you have to do a shit-load of rolling, you have to move the ball, then raise your hand and move again if you want to go from one corner to the other. I see this as a design mistake by Atari (or probably they didn't care).

They should have increased the number of slots on the opto-wheels so there would be more pulses per cm. movement to get a comparable control.

However, there should be a separate WR for MC on a cabaret !  ;D

tb lilley

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2012, 09:16:46 PM »
Apologies for digging up such an old thread ...

Did this on tournament settings I.e. no bonus cities. You start with 6, and that's all you get.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2012, 10:20:26 PM »
Amazing !

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2012, 06:53:00 AM »
 :o :o :o

tb lilley

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2012, 10:05:11 PM »
Missile Command is the only game I'm good at. I was a bit disappointed not to roll the score. I've been trying for about 3 years to get a million points with bonus cities turned off. To come so close .... broke my spirit and I've not properly tried it since. Awesome game though which still gets plenty of play.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2012, 08:36:13 AM »
Let me reminds here THE movie to watch regarding Missile Command!  :arrow:

http://www.highscoremovie.com/

:spaceace:

joeks

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade Art Repro
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 09:24:11 AM »
+1 Loved it.. And then the Rollerskating at the end :) HAHA!

Let me reminds here THE movie to watch regarding Missile Command!  :arrow:

http://www.highscoremovie.com/

Makes Arcade Artwork Reproductions at www.arcadeartrepro.com

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2013, 08:23:06 AM »
Missile Command 100 Hour World Record Attempt

Victor Sandberg is actually still playing if you want to go check him out! He's shooting for 100 million and he's close!

More than 70 hours playing time atm  :o Have a look right here : http://fr.twitch.tv/1337loungelive

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2013, 09:17:07 AM »
watched this for a few minutes yesterday, but then stopped, because honestly i think this is just plain stupid. to me, this isn't playing a game anymore, this is a test of endurance combined with maths (and a keypad). i don't think that the creators of MC devised their game to be played like that ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2013, 09:30:09 AM »
i do agree. by the way... what is the keypad for?
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2013, 09:49:28 AM »
Huuuuuuhhh ? How can you say that Ully, you need a shitload of skill to play MC like that. And yes endurance is required for a monster score like this.

I think I just witnessed the game over and the guys on the live streams said he is 10 points short for the WR !!!!!!   TEN points !!! After over 71 hours of play !!!

I guess the keypad is for calculating (using a computer) scores etc. if you play 71 hours you will need a break sometimes for doing obvious things and you'll have to know how long you can leave the game before running out extra cities.

I've seen Asteroids Highscores that totally did not impress me because a) they used modded ROMs for more/faster bullets and b) used the saucer trick, which means leaving one tiny rock "alive" and flying constantly over the screen and just shoot the saucers when they come out (they always come out at fixed places on the screen). that is still not easy, but THAT is not playing the game like it's supposed to be, but I see absolutely nothing wrong with the way Victor played MC here.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2013, 10:56:09 AM »
Huuuuuuhhh ? How can you say that Ully, you need a shitload of skill to play MC like that. And yes endurance is required for a monster score like this.

never said that you didn't need any skills to do something like that, BUT as i've said before this doesn't look like a lot of fun, looks much more like trying to beat bad programming. but then again, i never understood the need for competitive gaming anyway ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!