Author Topic: Guess what...... ;)  (Read 14768 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: Guess what...... ;)
« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2010, 10:33:07 PM »
Who.... me ?
 ;D

jimmy2x2x

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2010, 10:39:36 PM »
Is the gap between the bar and the top piece the same at both sides, looks different to me, maybe an optical illusion.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2010, 10:52:51 PM »
the gap is the same in both ends.... maby 3mm off, or so, but hey... have another beer, my trade!  ;D

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2010, 11:06:20 PM »
looking way better than the black if you ask me  8)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2010, 11:50:21 PM »
it looks cool already.
Just an idea but you could also use the "back lighted area" to display some nice marquees, bezels or anything that is meant to be backlit instead of PCBs.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2010, 12:09:54 AM »
it looks cool already.
Just an idea but you could also use the "back lighted area" to display some nice marquees, bezels or anything that is meant to be backlit instead of PCBs.
Exactly my thoughts honestly...I was thinking about other arcade related gems like Mario puppets or something like that, but I like the marquee suggestion even better....

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2010, 08:27:23 AM »
it looks cool already.
+1

polaris

• veni vidi congai
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2010, 12:58:41 AM »
hmm, everyone has backlit marquees, and there's marquees already on display on the cabs, i like the pcb's in there, it makes them look futuristic and magical, like they would have seemed to us if we had looked at them in our younger days. i vote stick with them.
i might suggest matching the colour from a nintendo cab for the box, i think orange, it would give it the right retro feel i think, but i do like bold decor in general. :)
just keeping an eye on things

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2010, 06:06:01 AM »
i might suggest matching the color from a Nintendo cab for the box, i think orange, it would give it the right retro feel i think, but i do like bold decor in general. :)

Maby ill try that! - i can always repaint.....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2010, 07:17:20 AM »
Maybe some blacklights inside instead of regular light ?

mchay

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2010, 08:21:51 AM »
Have you considered spots lighting down on the bar?  I think this could be a great addition, and make the whole thing blend in even more.

Then you also have the possibility to have the arcade machines light up the arcade part of a otherwise dark room - and still have the bar area well lid.

Just an idea.

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2010, 10:37:48 AM »
looks great, although I would also go for the art on cabs, to put in the spotlights. Some of them are so amazing, they are always nice to look at. Especially the games you dont own yourself

Other idea (cheap one): highscore board for your scores and friends' scores
Another idea (expensive one):flatscreen with 80's movie clips (Belike :)) or 80's movie classics like BTTF or whatever running on it on repeat
Yet another idea (commercial one): beer price list for your visitors.
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2010, 01:19:28 PM »
.... Another idea (expensive one):flatscreen with 80's movie clips (Belike :))

That's a good idea, 80's movies or 80's music video clips. Love the idea. And there definitely should be light spots shining down, and it should be 'retro' orange', and maybe coloured disco lights.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2010, 04:10:24 PM »
Have you considered spots lighting down on the bar?  I think this could be a great addition, and make the whole thing blend in even more.
There will be spotlight shining down on the bar..

Other idea (cheap one): highscore board for your scores and friends' scores
Another idea (expensive one):flatscreen with 80's movie clips (Belike :)) or 80's movie classics like BTTF or whatever running on it on repeat
Yet another idea (commercial one): beer price list for your visitors.
ThereĀ“s already a high score board.... but i have considered a flat screen tv, which shows all the scores...made in Microsoft Power Point... or similar...

.... Another idea (expensive one):flatscreen with 80's movie clips (Belike :))

That's a good idea, 80's movies or 80's music video clips. Love the idea. And there definitely should be light spots shining down, and it should be 'retro' orange', and maybe coloured disco lights.
Yep! - the light have to be colored!....
« Last Edit: October 13, 2010, 04:16:56 PM by Muerto »

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2010, 11:15:10 PM »
(...) i like the pcb's in there, it makes them look futuristic and magical, like they would have seemed to us if we had looked at them in our younger days. i vote stick with them.(...)
The PCBs definitely look magical, like "year 3000 tiny cities" but mostly if you can get a close look on it... like for instance if they were on the counter under a glass (idea?).
From a distance imho they just look like green plastic rectangles with black spots.
Plus after a few drinks games, when your head drops on the counter, it's always nice to have something interesting to watch.