Author Topic: Advice please?!?!? Ultracade machine  (Read 7471 times)

spyfox

• View Profile
Advice please?!?!? Ultracade machine
« on: December 17, 2006, 10:56:59 PM »
Hey all
I as wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of an ultracade dl/sa/dl2 machine? I visited Finnys place today and after much deliberation over the past few months as to what is going to be the best machine for me to buy (was originally gonna go for a dl2) I think that they are just a bit too big for my flat, and so the ultracade 20th anniversary model (the yellow one) would be the most practical although it is an emulated version and not an original for the time being, I am going to try to get one of these. I have asked jase to see if he can help track one down, but thought I would also see if anyone here could point me in the right direction, or shed some light as to where is best to start looking? Also whats the difference between an ultracade version and a jamma / daphne version?
i am totally new to the cab scene so please forgive me my noobish questions, but figured if any group would know, it'd be you guys!

Thx alot in advance
Adam (spyfox)

ANY

• View Profile
Re: Advice please?!?!? Ultracade machine
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2006, 03:56:03 AM »
Quote from: "spyfox"
Hey all
I as wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of an ultracade dl/sa/dl2 machine? I visited Finnys place today and after much deliberation over the past few months as to what is going to be the best machine for me to buy (was originally gonna go for a dl2) I think that they are just a bit too big for my flat, and so the ultracade 20th anniversary model (the yellow one) would be the most practical although it is an emulated version and not an original for the time being, I am going to try to get one of these. I have asked jase to see if he can help track one down, but thought I would also see if anyone here could point me in the right direction, or shed some light as to where is best to start looking? Also whats the difference between an ultracade version and a jamma / daphne version?
i am totally new to the cab scene so please forgive me my noobish questions, but figured if any group would know, it'd be you guys!

Thx alot in advance
Adam (spyfox)

Hi Adam,
I don't know where you can find an ultracade machine, BUT you can but a DL/DL2/SA ultracade kit here , you will need a standard  jamma cab for this kit.
Bye Andrea
here is 10 kind of people:
-who can read binary
-all the rest

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2006, 11:05:34 AM »
Hi Spyfox,

Too bad I've missed you at the Jason's Lair   :cry:

Any is right... there is  jamma kit. I've taken some pictures :

...regarding the Ultracade DL cab, I never seen one in europe except in the Jason's Lair.

Do you already have a jamma cab by the way ? If you can't get an original Dragon's Lair cab, I strongly suggest you to do a 'Daphne' cab.

Have a look here first : https://www.dragonslairfans.com/emulatethelair/emulate.htm

I can assist you for the setup if you want  :)

Igorstellar

• View Profile
    • http://www.italian-laser-games.it
URKAcade
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2006, 02:26:09 PM »
I don't know here in italia whom she has bought DL ultracade
but in italia she has imported from the Sipem if I am not wrong

spyfox

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2006, 12:04:33 AM »
Great thanks alot for your advice guys, I just bought a mame/daphne cab 2 player from ebay for 400 pounds, has 3000 games on it, including dl, dl2 and SA.....although obviously not as good as the real thing, will keep me slightly content until I can find the stuff I need to make/build one.

Adam

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 04:32:14 PM »
I hope you can find one, I love my Ultracade, the only ONLY.. Downer is that the game paks are expensive. But it lets you have all the classics in a tight space.  Good Luck & enjoy!