Author Topic: StarBlade manual  (Read 9384 times)

steve23

• View Profile
StarBlade manual
« on: January 21, 2007, 07:19:54 PM »
Hi Darth,
         Could you please scan your StarBlade book and email to me? I bought a StarBlade out of a dirty, nasty little store in Richmond Va. The guy told me it had not been plugged in for over a year, he needed the extension cord for something else, plus nobody ever played it anyway.
      I brought it home, set it up, and run into some snags. First the games works, the art is good, externally looks great. I saw your video of the machine, thanks by the way. My machine the gun fires constantly, non-stop, very annoying. The strobe lites do not work, the speakers on the console do not work, the seat does not vibrate, and the marquee lite doesn't work.
      Some of these issues I can troubleshoot with out a book, but since I've never seen or played a StarBlade a book to read about it would be great. I also called Namco, they were absolutely useless.
       I attached photos of my machine. It's in my garage here in Virginia. Not much space. I have a detached garage at my Georgia house and will move it there in the summer.
       Any assistance you could offer would be greatly appreciated.
                                  Thank You,
                                           Steve Smith

KLOV STEVE23

« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 07:41:48 PM by DarthNuno »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
StarBlade manual
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2007, 09:06:46 PM »
Hi Steve.

First of all, welcome here  :)

Here's the imges you sent to me :

Here's a general view of all the external parts :

The general condition of  your game  is very good regarding these pictures... exept the 'struts' ...  they are curved  :cry:
Fortanutely, most of your problems seems not to difficult to fix, exept the missing sounds :?

I would start with the gun assembly. Check if the trigger switches need a good cleaning or if they need to be changed.

I'll try to scan asap the operator manual and make it available here. With the Wiring Harness Diagram, you should be able to check where all the problems are...

steve23

• View Profile
StarBlade manual
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2007, 09:16:14 PM »
Darth, thank you so much for your assistance. I'm looking forward to sharing my StarBlade experiences with this board! :)

steve23

• View Profile
StarBlade manual
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 02:35:10 PM »
Hi Darth, I keep getting emails saying there has been a post to this posting. I don't see anything new, why does it send the notification?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
StarBlade manual
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2007, 06:37:52 PM »
HI Steve,

I dunno  :?  I'll investigate.

By the way, I'll have soon few switches for the StarBlade yoke... Do your switches are working now by the way ?

steve23

• View Profile
StarBlade manual
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2007, 08:48:35 PM »
Hi Darth, my Starblade is in the garage, unheated, so I haven't spent much time with it yet. Plus, I bought so many machines in 3-4 months, like 25-30, I'm completely covered up! I thought since I'm totally unfimilar with it,  it would best to wait to have a manual before I dive in to it. I have had two other StarBlade owners contact me about my machine. They both have cracked screens, and can find no replacements. As far as I can tell we may have the only 100% up and working ones now. In June I'll move this to my arcade down south, then it will be in a climate controlled atmosphere. I'm looking forward to logging in some hours on it, that final level sounds pretty wild 8)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
StarBlade manual
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 07:19:35 PM »
OK Steve,

This is it... It takes me more than 2 hours for scan /resize / pdf ... but it's done  :o

The Operator Manual is available for download on this page :

http://dragonslairfans.com/outsidethelair/starblade/starblade.htm

Good luck  8)