Author Topic: Why is there so much secrecy regarding prices?  (Read 2918 times)

jimmy2x2x

• View Profile
Why is there so much secrecy regarding prices?
« on: September 19, 2010, 12:00:21 AM »
Just wondered why lots of posts don't have a price attached to them, or when an invoice is shown - the prices are removed, even when asked directly about it, a Joker is played ;) hehe

Money is an ugly topic, but its also a good guide as to what can be achieved with enough contacts and long term hunting

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: Why is there so much secrecy regarding prices?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2010, 12:07:19 AM »
On JAMMA+ you have that topic called "valuations" where you can get a rough idea of what a game is worth.
Quite interesting for a newbie like me... even thought you always have to be careful and read between the lines (prices are VERY different if they are given by a collector or by a seller of course).
On this forum I thought it was cool that Paul50s wrote the prices of his cabs in a public post.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2010, 01:40:38 AM »
On this forum I thought it was cool that Paul50s wrote the prices of his cabs in a public post.

but paul's prices are NOT what you normally pay for a cab. well, at least i don't  ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2010, 10:19:28 AM »
But Paul runs a business so you can't compare.

The reason why people don't post prices for what they bought is that they probably had a great deal and they expect the cab to be worth (much) more, even unrestored.
You never know when or if you want to sell on a cab. I always thought I would never sell any cab, but sometimes you find cabs you want even more than the one's you have. However, I didn't make any profit on any videogame so far. I am often happy as long as I break even.