Author Topic: got myself a new tool - time to rejuventate!  (Read 11615 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
got myself a new tool - time to rejuventate!
« on: September 16, 2010, 06:49:27 PM »

not too long ago, a guy on KLOV posted a thread about his TANK renovation. what impressed me the most was the job he had done on his monitor with the help of a so-called rejuvenator. i had heard of those machines before, but never seen a result. the picture he put up totally impressed me :arrow:

just out of curiosity, i entered the name of that tool into ebay germany and guess what: i got a hit for an auction ending in a couple of hours. there were just 2 low bids on it so far, so i decided to check out the end of that auction. i couple of minutes left and the bids were still low, so i input my bid and ... GOT IT FOR CHEAP!!! :-*

it arrived safe and sound in a nice case in great condition

inside, the machine along with the original manuals

the rejuvenator in close-up

included in the case were a couple of adapters for different tubes. unfortunately, the most important one, #23, (for monitors G07 and WG 4600) wasn't there. however, one of the adapters i have, #6, will probably do most if not all of the B&W games i have :). i'll have to continue looking for some other adapters from now on. #23 is top priority!

perhaps there is an adapter which i can use to rejuvenate myself ... ;) ;) ;)

i great bonus inside the case are a couple of written guarantees for the restored tube which gives a working guarantee for the coming four years after rejuvenation. i'll have to put those stickers on the tube once i've used the rejuvenator 8)

has anyone of you guys ever used a tool like that before?

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

shilmover

• View Profile
Re: got myself a new tool - time to rejuventate!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 07:19:48 PM »
Use those all the time...

I built the CR-23 adapter...

Laschek

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 07:20:58 PM »
I had a chat with Carpcatcher from arcadeinfo about those rejuvenators some time ago, he has some experience with them, so you might ask him if you need advice. They must be used carefully, you may destroy the tube by using them.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 07:22:12 PM »

ok, so i didn't buy sh** then  :P

have a spare one? which other adapters are must-haves? i was told 6, 7, 23, 25, 30, 31 are important ones to have!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 08:34:53 PM »
Yu are growing Ully !

From Electro NOOB to Tube rejuvenator  ;)

dont have any experience with this , so cant help you there

but in the back of my head i listen a little voice saying something with a letter combination 4 and 2 and i believe he is a dutch member here...  8) maybe he can help you out  ???

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 10:23:00 PM »
Pretty soon we will all be queuing in front of your house with our monitors under the arm waiting to be rejuvenated.
I had never heard of such a device but the word "rejuvenate" alone sounds magical  ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 11:04:55 PM »
Yu are growing Ully !
From Electro NOOB to Tube rejuvenator  ;)

thx, but i'm still more the tube reNOOBenator guy ;). anyway, it's great to have those tools around, even if it's only for coolnees reasons atm 8)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 12:04:03 AM »
Well, my uncle (who repaired loads of TV's in the 70's and 80's) always said that rejuvenating is just a temporary "living up" of a tube. That's the reason why he hasn't got one (believe me, I asked ! :)) He simply used to swap tubes back in the day because that gave it a LONG extra lifetime.

What you should NOT do is use it on monitors that still give a OK to good picture. Only use it as a last resort only.

I personally would never had rejuvenated that B/W tube pictured in the first posting. Especially because it's a B/W tube....

shilmover

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 02:50:21 AM »

ok, so i didn't buy sh** then  :P

Nope.  its a decent one...

have a spare one? which other adapters are must-haves? i was told 6, 7, 23, 25, 30, 31 are important ones to have!

I just might...  will look...  If not, i may have the parts to build one...