Author Topic: TwinvaderIII by Actronics / WIP  (Read 13987 times)

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Re: TwinvaderIII by Actronics / WIP
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 07:50:42 AM »
Back on topic please  ::)

Remember last week, I put all the battery support in a 'remove rust' bath  :arrow:

Holy shit... because this week was a crazy one for me (road trip' ... job extra hours...), I completely forgot that I had this 'bath' on the way  :oops:

Here's the result this morning  :arrow:

Half of the 'material' is gone  ???
Who is the culprit of this error? The acid damage and/or a too long bath (almost one week)?
My only hope for playing back this game now is the power adapter  :-\

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 08:29:14 AM »
Remember last week, I put all the battery support in a 'remove rust' bath  :arrow:
Holy shit... , I completely forgot that I had this 'bath' on the way  :oops:

ha, welcome to the club, bruno, i though i was the only idiot ;) :P! on monday i put four coin insert / return frames into the rust bath. there was NOT a lot of rust on them, so 1 or 2 hours max would have sufficed, but i totally forgot about them until yesterday. took them out and they were halfway gone >:( :'(. i could have kicked myself for not writing a note or setting an egg timmer, but what's done is done. hopefully this means LESSON LEARNED for me and luckily my parts can be replaced pretty easily, but i totally understand how you must feel!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2010, 10:29:43 AM »
So bye bye the battery usage  :oops: ...but fortunately... it still works with a power adapter, thanks God  :-* :-* :-*
After my first test, I notice the controls (left/right buttons) don't respond all the time. It's time for a little clean up  ;) Yeah it's dirty here  ::)  :arrow:

A little bit of alcohol and it looks far better now. Hey, Notice the board labeled with other games "Pac Man" and "Challenge Racer". In addition you can see they putted also UP/DOWN direction, not usable for this game...

Ok, let's clean also the 'outside' of the game... and as you will see, it's still in great condition!

What I like the most here, is the fact that game is coming right ways from my youth  :P I mean not only that model, but THAT specific game I used to play long time ago  :-*

And now a short HD video to show you the stuff running  :P  :arrow:

(click on picture to watch it, and do not forget to select HD)

:spaceace:

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2010, 06:14:26 PM »
Great cleanup. I have to post my latest clinsing work here too.
Today I got the book above from Amazon, in English. 1 ct excl. Shipment! Woot! I had an enormous deja-vu. We must have had this one in Dutch in our library as a kid. Those graphics are easy to remember. I also dug up the other book from Usborne in a box with my old books, about the Micro, but then in Dutch, under the name "INPUT" as gift for Spaarbank clients. I was again triggered by the Invader characters, I knew there was a book somewhere in the house with those graphics.