Author Topic: taito logo - out come the vectorizing experts ... hopefully!  (Read 9623 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
taito logo - out come the vectorizing experts ... hopefully!
« on: August 09, 2010, 07:25:39 PM »
for my soon-to-begin jungle king project i'm having brian from gamestencils.com cut me some stencils. however, one stencil is still missing - and that is the famous taito logo for the speaker area. this hasn't been scanned / vectorized yet and since i have no idea how to vectorize an image, i'd like to ask if one of you guys could take on this task of vectorizing the taito logo. from what i know, it should be a fairly easy quick task (almost only straight lines, only a few things to fix), but i simply don't have the tools / the knowledge to do that myself.

here's a preview of the logo :arrow:

you can download the image in hi-res version here :arrow:

http://rapidshare.com/files/411969793/Taito_Logo.tif

i forgot to mention that i need that file as soon and as fast as possible since brian is getting ready to ship stuff out to my place, so i'd love to have this included in the box. if someone is willing to vectorize that file for me, please let us know by replying here - not that we have 5 vectorized taito logos in the end ;). if zorg were still around, i'd ask him, but it's been extemely difficult getting hold of him lately ... :ghost:

would be great if someone could help me out - thx guys!!! :spaceace:
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

flip971

• View Profile
    • Retrogame
Re: taito logo - out come the vectorizing experts ... hopefully!
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »
You got a mail  ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:02:40 PM »
thx a lot, flip, but unfortunately you only vectorized the file without doing any corrections. i need this as sharp / smooth / straight as possible!

the task is still up for grabs ;D
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:07:49 PM »
canĀ“t vector magic do the job? (program)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 10:33:16 PM »
it can, but of course it isn't "intelligent" enough to do the touch-ups. i guess i'll have to do those by hand on the original image first and then have it vectorized. i just thought someone from this forum could do this easily. i'll give it a little while longer before i either touch it up by hand or pass it on to someone on klov. the problem is that i need to have this SOON!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 12:07:30 AM »
problem solved  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 10:54:15 PM »
Did you do it yourself in the end? Would be pretty damn easy to vectorise that from scratch, all straight lines and only two colours  ;D

vib_ribbon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 11:02:12 PM »
all straight lines

there's an O in taito...  :P

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 11:26:51 PM »
yeah, i fixed the errors by hand and then used vectormagic to vectorize it. turned out extremely nice! still no idea how to vectore something by hand though ;)

mchay

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 11:51:52 PM »
Adobe illustrator is pretty straight through to start using - but takes time to master.

falcon NL

• Im Loving this!
    • View Profile
    • Florush
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 05:02:01 PM »
Just PM me in the future, i do this on a daily basis! I only checked my pm for the last couple of day (work...grrrr) Sorry i couldn't do this for you, next time!

Current Project: Donkey Kong

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »
Just PM me in the future, i do this on a daily basis! I only checked my pm for the last couple of day (work...grrrr) Sorry i couldn't do this for you, next time!

thx, good to know! i'll (try to) keep that in mind!