Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
June 24, 2017, 05:32:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: [Restoration] Moon Patrol - Return to the Lunar Surface  (Read 29008 times)
scr33n
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2011, 06:01:40 PM »

how close are the color matches you've got from your shop? 100%? 95%? finding a perfect color match is damn difficult ...

Almost impossible  confused, I would say  roll eyes

PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 10:44:08 PM »

@bruno: how close are the color matches you've got from your shop? 100%? 95%? finding a perfect color match is damn difficult ...

I won't use a value to describe the level of 'matching', but I would say pretty pretty close! Even perfect regarding my DK Red (see this segment), or the yellow for my Q*bert.
I plan to go once again to that shop in order to scan my Popeye by the way  Wink

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2011, 10:52:37 PM »

I won't use a value to describe the level of 'matching', but I would say pretty pretty close! Even perfect regarding my DK Red

ok dad Wink, i'll try to get another piece from the cab so that you can have it scanned. i'll let you know once the "operation" is done!

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
baritonomarchetto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 10, 2011, 10:41:01 AM »

[...] i'll let you know once the "operation" is done!

SuperUlly Cabinet Surgery  Grin

"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

Golden Axe Myth RELEASED!
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2011, 06:37:31 PM »

SuperUlly Cabinet Surgery  Grin

speaking of which: let's start the operation!!! here comes doctor mad Twisted

i've decided to perform the necessary surgical intrusion right next to the old "wound"

in order to not make any unnecessary cuts, i'm marking the correct size on "the patient"

everything's set, bring on the scalpel, doctor mad!

after some precise surgical cuts, a cruder medical tool is used to slowly lift off the object

works like a charm!

after a long, exhausting operation, the object can be extracted (note: i don't smoke, that yellow fingernail is being caused by eating about 1000 tangerines Tongue)

the bare wound shock

of course, it needs to be treated properly to prevent an infection Wink

and here it is, the object which could help solve my color problems - i hope it is big enough!

and off it goes to belgium where our new dad will hopefully find the time between changing diapers to have "my baby" scanned Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

the operation was a full sucess - well done, doctor mad!!! Twisted
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 07:38:51 PM by Superully » Logged

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: January 13, 2011, 06:40:28 PM »

LOL Excellent  Grin

I'll take care of this  Cool

Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2011, 09:24:54 PM »

Brilliant pic Ully !  lol

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 13, 2011, 09:28:41 PM »

That needs a bit of photo-shopping guys....let's make that surgeon a bit more scary !  Grin

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2011, 09:30:58 PM »

That needs a bit of photo-shopping guys....let's make that surgeon a bit more scary !  Grin

Grin unfortunately i didn't have a medical headpiece at home, it would have made the picture even better. Cool

Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2011, 09:49:18 PM »

No. 1:

Level42
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: January 13, 2011, 11:24:16 PM »

LOL !!!

Looks a bit Sonic style Tongue

Move the injection-thing to the right hand and bring back the scalpel because that's more convincing....

I want to see some head-wounds ore something like that.... Grin Grin

Etienne MacGyver
ArcadeLifeStyler'

The Netherlands

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 15, 2011, 06:51:40 PM »

Doctor MAD reminds me to Doctor Channard from Hellbound  Grin

"The doctor is in..." & "Surgery is open Tiffany"   lol

« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 06:54:42 PM by Etienne » Logged

Looking for Repro Decals ?  Visit my webstore !  arrow  http://www.easywebshop.com/arcadedecals
DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2011, 10:15:00 AM »

Got the sample today  Wink

OK, I'll go this week to my usual paint shop for the scan.

I'll have to choice between mate, satin or bright. I use to select 'satin' for all the previous scan, so I'll do the same for this one.  Cool

* uli-moon.jpg (102.56 KB, 800x600 - viewed 428 times.)

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2011, 01:08:42 PM »

Got the sample today  Wink

YES!!! i was starting to get a little bit worried that i'd have to perform another operation Ghost

OK, I'll go this week to my usual paint shop for the scan.
I'll have to choice between mate, satin or bright. I use to select 'satin' for all the previous scan, so I'll do the same for this one.  Cool

great to hear, bruno, thx a lot, my goal is to have moon patrol up and running for my birthday in about a month - let's see! as for the paint, SATIN is definitely the way to go! i'll keep my fingers crossed that your shop can yield a better result than mine.

btw, i don't know which can sizes they offer, but 0.375 litres are enough. shouldn't be less so in case i'll have to adjust the paint a little bit ...

thx again, DAD! Grin

DarthNuno
Administrator
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Singe's castle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: January 20, 2011, 08:33:04 PM »

I had to do some shopping this afternoon with my wife & daughter. Fortunately for you, I got yout sample with us...just in case I had enough time to stop to that paint shop  Wink

So here we go  arrow

They are now using a new machine-scanner / paint provider (LEVIS). Hope this will as accurate as the previous one...

Man @ work  arrow

Result on screen + preparation of the custom color  arrow

Now few minutes inside that shaking machine :

Job done!  Cool

Now in front of me :

0.5 liter is the lowest I can have.

Here's what I paid for that : 19,80

I'll send you the paint asap, and let you know the total with shipping cost via PM  Wink

Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to: