Author Topic: [Wanted] Digital Multimeter Recommendation  (Read 5448 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: [Wanted] Digital Multimeter Recommendation
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2010, 08:03:54 PM »
Buyed a logic probe and a logic pulsar on ebay, for 5 bucks  ;) (but the shipmet was 10 $  >:( ).
For the scope, can be usefull buy the usb version, with 25/30$ (shipment excluded) 2ch and other interesting carateristics.
Link http://cgi.ebay.it/2-Channel-PC-Digital-Storage-USB-Oscilloscope-Probe-CD-/120593048099?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_BOI_Electrical_Test_Measurement_Equipment_ET&hash=item1c13e7e223.
My "wanted to buy" item: http://cgi.ebay.it/1pc-DC-AC-High-Voltage-Probe-HVP-40-no-meter-Taiwan-/130343796679?cmd=ViewItem&pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e59187fc7 ;).

That first item is completely worthless for our hobby (or about anything else) because it only has a sampling rate of 4 Khz !!! Hence the extremely cheap price.
Similar devices that are acceptable for use are at least ten times that price.....

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2010, 10:30:47 PM »
To remove any further doubt wether the Fluke 15B and 17B are genuine Fluke DVMs:

http://assets.fluke.com.cn/evtmanuals/15b17b__cmeng0000.pdf

(Please note the source of the document: fluke.com.cn, so the official (Chinese) website of Fluke.

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2010, 11:55:56 PM »
Coincidentally, I actually saw one today, a friend has it. Bought from that same site a few months ago.

It's a real fluke or a seriously good copy, but the construction feels weaker/lower grade. It somehow feels more "hollow", like the plastic is thinner or not braced from the inside. It's difficult to describe, but it doesn't have that rock solid feel you get from flukes usually. It doesn't feel dirt cheap like those yellow no-brand ones either though.

Apart from that it works perfectly. It didn't have the auto power-down mine has, which is a shame as it greatly improves battery life.

findapinball.com - The European pinball locator

flip971

• View Profile
    • Retrogame
« Reply #18 on: August 01, 2010, 12:01:48 AM »

That first item is completely worthless for our hobby (or about anything else) because it only has a sampling rate of 4 Khz !!! Hence the extremely cheap price.
Similar devices that are acceptable for use are at least ten times that price.....

Not really.
For the most of our hobbies, the circuit that we have are full of TTL circuit and, when some integrate did't work correctly, You can check and find it.
However, the probes, can be usefull to check the tracks of a circuit, cabels and other things.

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2010, 01:48:23 PM »
Dammit, don't they sell that cheap ass 15B Fluke in the EU? Here it starts with model 113 for 140 euro.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2010, 03:16:22 PM »
Why not get it from Dealextreme ?

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2010, 04:44:10 PM »

I just ordered this logic probe (you may as well order it along for the insanely low price):
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15117

and it arrived safely and WITHOUT shipping costs !

I personal dont like those probe's I had 1 when i was developing a system for school and it gives signals even if the are out of the range of the probe whits can lead to a wrong diagnostic. So its scope for me!