Author Topic: ArcadeHal in the Netherlands  (Read 21412 times)

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: ArcadeHal in the Netherlands
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2010, 12:00:52 PM »
guess where I will be tomorrow  ;D :twisted: :twisted:

:ghost: :ghost: :ghost:
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2010, 12:34:02 PM »
happy holidays  i persume ?  :P

atarikid

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2010, 12:50:51 PM »
It is even worse here in Belgium. Some years ago a very (very very very) big arcadein Antwerp closed. Reason was not so obvious. It closed because of violence and drugs traffic.

Anyhow, the biggest arcade still open in Belgium is at Blankenbergen. The place where the forum host got his Namco Theater. :)
I visited the place this summer but most classics are replaced by bingo and 'munt schuivers' - not sure how it is called in english. A big bowling alley covers most space now. The former place of the Namco Theather is now occupied by airhockey tables.
Coder of EasyMame
- Pinball Star Trek NG
- Mame cabinet

Blanka

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2010, 09:58:10 AM »
and 'munt schuivers' - not sure how it is called in english
Penny Pushers.
Here's a DIY one
http://blog.makezine.com/archive/2010/08/diy_penny_pusher_taunts_you_into_gi.html
Big problem in the unit above: all inserted money is paid out. A real machine keeps a certain percentage that falls off at the back.

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 23, 2010, 11:26:37 PM »
It was great fun to be there once again. Talked a lot with the owner about his business and he was so kindly to help me out with my Simpsons cab. Really nice of him. He is a great guy with a lot of funny stories about the arcade his family has been running the last 20 years. For instance, he once spat out his toothfillings when he was sort of electrocuted by one of the cabs, because an irritating tourist gave him a push while he was trying to repair a cab.  :o

Here are the two generic cabs, that I forgot to photograph the last time, just to complete the topic:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 11:28:49 PM by Ronald Reagan »
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.