Author Topic: 2010 Monitor Group Buy (through Mitchomagic) - The arrangement  (Read 61585 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: 2010 Monitor Group Buy (through Mitchomagic) - The arrangement
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2010, 08:26:52 PM »
It's not that I don't want to try to understand, but I just don't seem to get it...

same here!!! ;) don't want to turn this into something big
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Thwocker

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Universal Arcade Cabs
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2010, 10:56:52 PM »
I'll take 4 or 5, depending on price too.

Cheers,
Marco
Wanted: everything Universal , Stern and Gottlieb. Currently looking for Computer R3, Curve Ball, Goal to Go, Jungler, Fast Draw, Limbo, No Man's Land and Speed Coin.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2010, 11:34:49 PM »
33 monitors, for sure :o :o (including 2 for Brry71). Adjusted reply #2.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2010, 06:00:26 PM »
I guess it's up to Mitch and Rav now to get this thing rolling.  :)

hatster

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 26, 2010, 12:45:35 PM »
Hey,

Id take 5 here in Spain if the price is ok - i would probably collect them from Rav next time im in UK - if im driving then i might be able to help with the delivery as I have a truck and do come to uk / germany / belgium on occasion !

Cheers,

Kev.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2010, 01:44:52 PM »
Hi Kev,

I will put your desired quantity on the list in reply #2. I suppose that we are now more or less at the maximum quantity of available monitors. So I suppose signing on is closed now, isn't it Mitch? Or are there already to much monitors 'sold'?

Great offer with regard to your truck, Kev, let's see how this can work out.

Oh, it would be nice if you introduce yourself here: https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?board=3.0

Are you a visitor on other game/arcade related forums as well?

mitchomagic

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2010, 10:31:32 PM »
So boys and girls looks like the shopping list is full.I will pm Rav to work out collection.
so it comes down to payment now,how would you like this to go?..
I would like to get this deal closed ASAP.because a few monitors have been sold.Dont worry they will come out of my quota :'(
Will keep you updated.

Cheers MItch

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 28, 2010, 11:31:08 PM »
Could we get some details about the price? Must be sharp with such a bulk buy.  :) And it would be nice if Rav could give us an estimation about the share of his transportation costs per monitor (most honest way as discussed earlier: dividing all transport costs from the seller to Rav's place equally per transported monitor, so that everybody pays the same amount for a monitor).

Mitch, as you seem to be the intemediair between us and the seller, could you put up a payment system, and instruct us how and when the seller has to be paid? Preferably over Paypal I suppose. I don't know how the others feel about this.

atarimania

• View Profile
    • Atarimania
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2010, 11:34:20 PM »
Yes it's true that the price is an "interesting detail"  ;D

Paypal is fine for me.
Have You Played Atari Today ?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 29, 2010, 07:26:22 AM »
most honest way as discussed earlier: dividing all transport costs from the seller to Rav's place equally per transported monitor, so that everybody pays the same amount for a monitor

still don't think this is the most honest way!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 29, 2010, 07:56:03 AM »
most honest way as discussed earlier: dividing all transport costs from the seller to Rav's place equally per transported monitor, so that everybody pays the same amount for a monitor

still don't think this is the most honest way!

Most of us do, so let democracy rule. :)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 29, 2010, 08:33:12 AM »
Most of us do, so let democracy rule. :)

we haven't even heard from a lot of people on this, just 4. so i only need a couple more votes ;D

seriously, guys, if everyone took one monitor you'd split the cost, but if suddenly one person would add an additional monitor to his order and therefore buy two, you would suddenly charge him extra for that? i simply don't get it, i really don't! those monitors have to be picked up anyway, no matter whether it's one or 500 - THE COSTS STAY THE SAME! as i've said: if it's only a couple of euros i don't care, but if the guys with a larger amount of monitors suddenly have to pay 100 euros more, i might even consider getting out of this deal. the reason why we could be getting those monitors cheaper is the fact that we're getting together for a bulk deal, so those guys who only take one monitor definitely come out on the winning end of this. we could also take the other route, like the more monitors you buy, the cheaper they get (for example this is how it's done when you're shopping for electronic parts on rs online). i just don't see why the guys with the larger amount of monitors should be punished while the guys with just one only gain from that!

that's why i'm STILL voting for an equal split - easiest and fairest!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 29, 2010, 10:56:22 AM »
Boy, this is getting complicated.

Ully, let's for instance say that there were 2 buyers, you for 1 monitor and someone else for 37 monitors. Would you then still want to bear 50% of the shipping costs? I don't think so.  :) You would probably say something like: "Hé man, you don't mind taking one extra monitor with you, do you? I mean, it's no difference for you because you have to ship the 37 monitors anyway."  ;)  No offence meant of course.

I did some math. If we would do it the way that I suggested, you, with your 3 monitors, would pay 5% shipping (to Rav's place) per monitor extra as to opposite your way. This will be less than € 0,50 per monitor extra (based on a certain estimated shipping costs). However, in your way, the guys who bought for instance only one monitor will have 216% extra shipping costs, which means € 17 extra per monitor (based on the same shipping costs)

I certainly know what is more fair.  ;)

I rest my case.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 29, 2010, 11:04:27 AM »
i would agree if those heavy monitors WERE to be shipped, but they aren't! but as i've said before: if it's only a couple of euros, i don't care, i simply don't see the logic in it, but you don't see the logic in my way of thinking either, so we're even ;). guess this is one of those dutch - german thingies again we simply have to live with ...

just out of curiosity: did andré divide the postage of our bulk bob roberts order by the weight of the items each individual guy ordered? "ok, X bought two buttons, so that's just 1.38 perc cent of the postage, Y got the heavy power supply, that's 45,93 per cent, Z ...". i don't think so, because in the end weight did not matter!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 29, 2010, 11:31:58 AM »
i would agree if those heavy monitors WERE to be shipped ....

With shipped I mean transported from one place to another place in any way.