Author Topic: Roadtrip to the Abandoned warehouse.  (Read 105762 times)

flip971

• View Profile
    • Retrogame
Re: Roadtrip to the Abandoned warehouse.
« Reply #90 on: August 09, 2010, 05:46:27 PM »
On the way back there was a Galaga in an autobahnstazion, but we didn't have time for that ;D ;D ;D

All these cabinets were also tricky gambling machines, the owners didn't want to pay the taxes, so they supplied a remote controlled switchboard and they can switch between the arcade and the gambling pcb  from the desk or from the bar, when they got controlled from the police.
Joust from inside with the 2 kinds of pcbs:

The modification is maded in Italy or by an Italian person  ;) ;) ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 09, 2010, 06:11:06 PM »
nice to hear that you finally got the chance to visit that second warehouse, unfortunately there weren't any wonderful surprises waiting for you. that joust cabinet is really strange: it seems to be not as deep as an original euro version, the control panel area looks as if a parts has been cut off and i notice some other differences as well. strange indeed! i would probably part it out and then trash the cab :twisted:

were all those pinballs for sale? not that i'm interested, i'm just curious how much he was asking for the games!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #92 on: August 09, 2010, 06:36:03 PM »
Nice raid #3  ;D

How about the G'n'R pinball? Available?  :P :P :P

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 09, 2010, 06:45:24 PM »
oh, i forgot: that r-type pcb is of course a fabulous find - now all you need is the cabinet to go around it. well, i guess a lot of people are looking for one :P
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Laschek

« Reply #94 on: August 09, 2010, 07:59:26 PM »
That shiny Joust sidearts reminds me of a typical italian cab, many of them were made like this. Plus this metal backdoor rings a bell, we had something like that in the past. Maybe Super Galaxian, but I'm not quite sure, I'd need to go through some old photos...
Isn't there a manufacturer label somewhere attached to the cab?

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: August 09, 2010, 10:18:24 PM »
Nice raid #3  ;D

How about the G'n'R pinball? Available?  :P :P :P
That was the first thing I asked on arrival, but this guy is a pinball fan, so he don't want to let it go.
That jerk bought it for less than 100 eur and it's almost in perfect condition. :'(

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: August 09, 2010, 10:19:43 PM »
nice to hear that you finally got the chance to visit that second warehouse, unfortunately there weren't any wonderful surprises waiting for you. that joust cabinet is really strange: it seems to be not as deep as an original euro version, the control panel area looks as if a parts has been cut off and i notice some other differences as well. strange indeed! i would probably part it out and then trash the cab :twisted:

were all those pinballs for sale? not that i'm interested, i'm just curious how much he was asking for the games!
The Phoenix and the Strikes and Spares are for sale, both of them around 200 eur.

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 09, 2010, 10:30:50 PM »
That shiny Joust sidearts reminds me of a typical italian cab, many of them were made like this. Plus this metal backdoor rings a bell, we had something like that in the past. Maybe Super Galaxian, but I'm not quite sure, I'd need to go through some old photos...
Isn't there a manufacturer label somewhere attached to the cab?

I had the same idea to investigate it's origin, removed all the parts I could, checked every inch of the visible areas, but no sign of any manufacturers.