Author Topic: The Storage™  (Read 88634 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The Storage™
« Reply #120 on: September 26, 2012, 07:36:48 AM »
I´m wondering, will there be a day somewhere in the future, let´s say over 25-30 years, that a lonely adventurer, explorer and barn shed raider will go and wander of to long forgotten and crumbled down places and buildings and then ....... discoveres a huge collection of great, yet unrestored, cabs, never touched by hand of man for the last 25-30 years.  ;) ;D  It might give us, by then (very) old guys, still great road trips reports to read.  ;D

But on a serious note Ully, if Patrick is turning the ground level into a playing room for the kids, then that would mean that there will be an electricity plan and heating. And the upper floor looks like a good place to turn it into a game room, with the necessary insulation works etc. of course. Could you not make a deal with Patrik which makes you able to actually turn the upper floor into a game room. As I said, heating and electricity should be nearby and should be pretty easily be extendabel to the upper floor. I guess you will need heating anyway to avoid damp and humidity during the winter.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 26, 2013, 08:41:16 AM »
Just curious, when is the next project due? and which game?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 26, 2013, 03:08:10 PM »
Just curious, when is the next project due? and which game?

i'm slowly (but surely) working on both dk and jr "behind the scenes", i'll post pics of the machines once i'm done. putting up restoration threads is so time-consuming ...

in the meantime, a new "member" has arrived at the storage,. in fact, it was already delivered in october, but i've been to lazy until today to upload some photos! :P

ladies and gentlemen, meet THE REACTOR!!! :twisted:

a can almost hear the bass pounding ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 26, 2013, 03:16:55 PM »
Finally!!! that would be KILLER looking next to your Missile Command!!!!
Cant remember, but does it work?

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 26, 2013, 03:44:36 PM »
i'm slowly (but surely) working on both dk and jr "behind the scenes", i'll post pics of the machines once i'm done. putting up restoration threads is so time-consuming ...

Cmon! i know its time consuming, but its part of the fun !

we (or i must say i, because i cannot speak for anybody ofcourse) miss those threads!

(and helping out technically where i can  ;) )

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 26, 2013, 05:57:31 PM »

Cmon! i know its time consuming, but its part of the fun !

we (or i must say i, because i cannot speak for anybody ofcourse) miss those threads!

+1 !!!!!!!

and congrats for The Reactor  :spaceace: cool cab
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 26, 2013, 07:07:58 PM »
Finally!!! that would be KILLER looking next to your Missile Command!!!!
Cant remember, but does it work?

agreed! now "all i need to do is restore it" ... :P

regarding the function of the game: it's not working when plugging it in, but rav had the boards on his test bench and they're working there. it's definitely a power supply problem, someone has hacked in a switcher, but the wiring is a mess, so this will probably be something i can fix myself!

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 26, 2013, 09:54:19 PM »
And when you will restore this, you need to try the electric derust method on that PS plate:

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=4087.0

Belike

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Budapest, Hungary
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: January 27, 2013, 09:02:28 AM »
A Reactor :o
The first one I ever saw, congrats. :spaceace:

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 27, 2013, 09:26:46 AM »
I am missing your restoration threads Ully ... stop eating, stop sleeping (it's all time lost) and, please, start a new resto  :D
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2013, 04:43:22 PM »
let me quote myself from another thread :arrow:

as for my nintendo row, i'm still missing a few games i'd like to add (e.g. radarscope and sheriff), but one can't have it all, can you? btw, i forgot punchout of course - must have one 8)

believe it or not, only a few days after i posted this (if i remember correctly the number is 3), a nintendo game shows up on ebay classified ads. the description was poor, no original pictures, but only screenshots, so i didn't even know whether he was selling just the pcb. got in touch with the seller via phone, asked for some pics, phoned again and sealed the deal. the only problem was: the machine was basically located at the end of the world, but i know someone who lives there ;) - toralf "timepilot" to the resuce. i asked him if he could pick up the game for me, put it on a pallet and send it down south. luckily, toralf agreed to do so. thx a lot for your help in this one, toralf :-*

it took a while for everything to come together, but i was in no hurry at all. yesterday, when i entered The Storage™ for a different reason, something was waiting there for me. i didn't know it had already been delivered, i wasn't at home when it arrived. fortunately, patrik was and he opened the door for the shipping company.

here we go, the latest member of my (still) growing nintendo family :arrow:

christmas in april!

a first peak inside

hell ya - punch me, baby!!! 8)

the game has been sitting in an unheated garage for the last 20+ years, but the condition is still pretty good (missing sideart = no problem!)

let's have a look inside: dual monitor setup ...

... and the rest of the electronic components: everything seems to be there!

time to flick the switch!!!

oh - my - god!!! fully working :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

why don't we talk about another game now, let's say radarscope or sheriff. my nintendo row is still missing a few games and who knows what's going to show up on ebay classified ads over the course of the next few days ... ;)

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2013, 04:44:18 PM »
thats one hell of a cab
An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2013, 05:31:35 PM »
yeah Punch Out is Masterrrr  :spaceace:

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2013, 05:35:17 PM »
I'm not into Nintendo stuff, but Punch-Out is a damn good game !

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2013, 07:39:31 PM »
Welcome to a very exclusive club of Punch Out!! owners  :spaceace: :spaceace: