Author Topic: They look like Zaccaria cab, but not sure they are...  (Read 3624 times)

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
They look like Zaccaria cab, but not sure they are...
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:01:16 PM »
What do you think dudes: are the following original Zaccaria's or copies?

The side art looks familiar, but on the net i didn't find another Zaccaria with exactly the same arts....
thanks, as always!  :pac:
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: They look like Zaccaria cab, but not sure they are...
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 08:18:35 PM »
Found something on the net: from arcade history http://www.arcade-history.com/?n=magic-worm&page=detail&id=1440

(cut and paste from arcade history:)
This game [Magic Worm] is an Italian hack of "Centipede".

The official italian distributor of Atari Arcades, f.lli Bertolino s.r.l., moved a legal attack against Sidam, and won. Many code fragments stored in ROM of "Asterock", Missile Storm and other Sidam clones was identical to those contained in Atari originals' memory. Sidam changed the coin accept and sound routines, to get rid of copyrighted Atari POKEY chip. Sidam called this a 'coincidence'; moreover, the italian legislation did not mention directly the computer programs as copyrighted materials like songs and books. However, the court sentenced about the 'intellectual property' of programs - this was an important sentence in italian legal history - and Sidam was convicted of copyright violation.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 08:21:14 PM by baritonomarchetto »
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 08:45:23 PM »
Yup, Sidam (like mentioned on the coin door ;) ). My Asterock is the same style cabinet. The funny thing is that the monitor inside even has an Atari label ! :)

Love those machines, I have a weak spot for bootlegs :) !
I haven't seen those two before. I did see a Phoenix bootleg game called Condor before for sale...

Look how the Magic Worm CP is tilted inwards, not as much as the Asterock CP, bust still, this could actually make the gameplay more comfortable but it looks also needed because of the very narrow (un-deep) CP.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 08:49:10 PM by Level42 »

Vnera

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 09:00:09 PM »
The magic worm looks cool! I like the Europien cabinets. Whit alle the bootleg and crazy artworke