Author Topic: Galaxian Theater in Barcelona, Spain : any info?  (Read 32776 times)

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxian Theater in Barcelona, Spain : any info?
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2011, 03:49:14 PM »
If anyone ever hears of one available in the UK, let me know I want one.

They need to be saved.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2011, 07:08:07 PM »
If anyone ever hears of one available in the UK, let me know I want one.

They need to be saved.

:spaceace:

Equites

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 04, 2011, 12:17:43 AM »
I'd like to know what happended to the GT-6 at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in England.  It just vanished but must have gone somewhere, hopefully not the tip.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #18 on: May 04, 2011, 08:42:34 PM »
I'd like to know what happended to the GT-6 at Blackpool Pleasure Beach in England.  It just vanished but must have gone somewhere, hopefully not the tip.

I tried to buy that one... most probably the one from Blackpool   8) (see this topic )

Equites

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2011, 07:42:55 PM »
Bruno thanks for the link, a shame you missed that one.  Im pretty sure that was the Blackpool one.

carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 06:36:05 AM »
Bad News  :(
After some info given to me and after some calls, it looks like the second Galaxian Theater that was located in the Port Aventura (Tarragona) also belonged to MGA (you know, the owner of the New Park arcades and so the owners of the other Galaxian Theater that was located in Barcelona) at first, a worker of the Port Aventura told me he thought the machines located in one of their 3 arcade rooms belonged to Grupo Ilusiona, I called them and discovered that they owned very few of the machines, mainly they did only maintenance for all of them, they told me that for sure the Galaxian GT-6 belonged to MGA Grupo, they don't know what happened to that machine when they closed the room where it was located so they told me to call MGA.
You already know about my bad experience with those at MGA so I'm not going to call them again, I'm sure they ended as tired of me as I was of them, anyways and knowing they way MGA do things, I can bet the machine is gone, crushed in any dumpster or whatever (I don't dare to imagine a picture of that) so for me it's over.
I thought the GT-6 at Port Aventura was the one that previously was at New Park but someone told me they were different machines (I can't confirm that) unfortunately the only source for exact info is MGA...

carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 06:46:32 AM »
Bruno, you were asking for pictures of the New Park Las Ramblas, I asked about that and noone have anything, I suppose once more that the only source for pictures may be MGA (owner of all New Park franchises) I was able to find one picture looking at Google pictures, picture belongs to portalgameblogger.com, it´s an Indy 500 for four or five player, a massive machine too, it was located at the first floor of that New Park, same floor where there was the GT-6, they where at the opposite ends of that floor, sorry, no other pictures.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2011, 06:48:37 AM by carlos »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 08:51:05 AM »
I think you went through great lengths to get any info about that machine Carlos,  :spaceace: :spaceace: for that ! :)

The bottom line is that for companies, these machines are just a means of earning money. They don't care a bit about them. If they stop making money the machines got scrapped. It is already amazing IMHO how many (classic) arcade games in general somehow managed to escape that fate.....

carlos

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2011, 07:26:18 AM »
Hi Level42  :)
I wish I could have pictures of both GT-6 at least for historical purpouses  :)
I'm a lazy ass, if I had done all this 5 years ago... the interest in those machines came late to me  :(
It looks like my fate is to want machines that I can't have/buy for a matter of months...
I can understand that is a business, not a NGO, so when they stop making money...
Anyways, operators would need an enormous storage area just for keeping what they don't use
You can find several machines saved from destruction, the problem is they have nothing ultraspecial because all are common cabinets, the real deal are those monters, dedicated cabinets that are out of this world, when they were created back in the 20th century, they already belonged to the 21st or 22nd one  :)
Regards

vernimark

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2014, 01:38:49 AM »
I completely forgot this experience.
Just looking into my back up hard disk I found these pics about a my short trip to Barcellona in 2005

hehe

Luigi

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2014, 08:52:51 AM »
So you have seen one 'in the wilderness'? Lucky man :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2014, 09:19:50 AM »
Awesome to see it still in operation in 2005 !

I was lucky too, played it in London when it was still pretty new in the early 90's.

That and 360.

Oh and that weird thing where you had to wear 3D goggles and hold a controller in your hand and you were experiencing "virtual reality" for the first time. The hardware was Amiga bases, forgot the name. That thing sucked, the other two were brilliant.

By the way, nice skirt you're wearing there Marco...........oh wait, that isn't you !  ;D ;D

johnsarcade

• Mushroom Kingdom, USA
    • View Profile
    • John's Arcade
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2014, 05:41:51 PM »
I had a friend that was trying to get one of those. There is one on the East Coast out here. CRAZY BIG!!!  :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :ghost:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2014, 06:07:27 PM »
Perhaps you don't know, Bruno overhere has one  ;D

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=231.0

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2014, 08:36:42 PM »
Perhaps you don't know, Bruno overhere has one  ;D

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=231.0

yeah. some of us had the luck to play it lately. ;)
i thought I would never be able to play it agalin after the london arcade removed it.
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!