Dragon's Lair Fans - Arcade Lifestyle
December 10, 2019, 05:22:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: ALS'/DLF' : your daily dose of Arcade Life Style...inside the Dragon's Lair!

Home   Help Search Calendar Gallery Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: taito logo - out come the vectorizing experts ... hopefully!  (Read 5632 times)
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« on: August 09, 2010, 07:25:39 PM »

for my soon-to-begin jungle king project i'm having brian from gamestencils.com cut me some stencils. however, one stencil is still missing - and that is the famous taito logo for the speaker area. this hasn't been scanned / vectorized yet and since i have no idea how to vectorize an image, i'd like to ask if one of you guys could take on this task of vectorizing the taito logo. from what i know, it should be a fairly easy quick task (almost only straight lines, only a few things to fix), but i simply don't have the tools / the knowledge to do that myself.

here's a preview of the logo arrow

you can download the image in hi-res version here arrow

http://rapidshare.com/files/411969793/Taito_Logo.tif

i forgot to mention that i need that file as soon and as fast as possible since brian is getting ready to ship stuff out to my place, so i'd love to have this included in the box. if someone is willing to vectorize that file for me, please let us know by replying here - not that we have 5 vectorized taito logos in the end Wink. if zorg were still around, i'd ask him, but it's been extemely difficult getting hold of him lately ... Ghost

would be great if someone could help me out - thx guys!!! Space Ace

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
flip971

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »

You got a mail  Wink

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 09:02:40 PM »

thx a lot, flip, but unfortunately you only vectorized the file without doing any corrections. i need this as sharp / smooth / straight as possible!

the task is still up for grabs Grin

all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!
Muerto
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Denmark

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:07:49 PM »

canīt vector magic do the job? (program)

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 10:33:16 PM »

it can, but of course it isn't "intelligent" enough to do the touch-ups. i guess i'll have to do those by hand on the original image first and then have it vectorized. i just thought someone from this forum could do this easily. i'll give it a little while longer before i either touch it up by hand or pass it on to someone on klov. the problem is that i need to have this SOON!

Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 12:07:30 AM »

problem solved  Space Ace Space Ace Space Ace

Dazza

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 10:54:15 PM »

Did you do it yourself in the end? Would be pretty damn easy to vectorise that from scratch, all straight lines and only two colours  Grin
vib_ribbon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2010, 11:02:12 PM »

all straight lines

there's an O in taito...  Tongue
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2010, 11:26:51 PM »

yeah, i fixed the errors by hand and then used vectormagic to vectorize it. turned out extremely nice! still no idea how to vectore something by hand though Wink

mchay

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2010, 11:51:52 PM »

Adobe illustrator is pretty straight through to start using - but takes time to master.
falcon NL

Im Loving this!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 05:02:01 PM »

Just PM me in the future, i do this on a daily basis! I only checked my pm for the last couple of day (work...grrrr) Sorry i couldn't do this for you, next time!

Current Project: Donkey Kong
Superully
ArcadeLifeStyler'

Southern Part of Germany

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 06:53:52 PM »

Just PM me in the future, i do this on a daily basis! I only checked my pm for the last couple of day (work...grrrr) Sorry i couldn't do this for you, next time!

thx, good to know! i'll (try to) keep that in mind!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: