Author Topic: Attention all Dragon's Lair, Space Ace & Dragon's Lair II cel collectors  (Read 18132 times)

Noonchester

• View Profile
Hi.  My name is Kevin Noonchester.  I have been a longtime collector of artwork Don Bluth related.  My collection is featured on the Dragon's Lair Project and many ultra rare items have passed through my hands on their way to the collections of people like Jason Finn & Brent Angie.  Most of the unusual pieces were acquired by way of my friendships with former Bluth employees.  

I am posting here to announce that I am now acting as the agent for my friend, retired background artist Don Moore.  Don Moore painted the iconic castle seen at the beginning of Dragon's Lair.

After doing some commissions for a couple of collectors over the last few months, Don has decided to allow me to solicit his services to the Dragon's Lair community at large.  

Don is now available to do background recreations and presentation backgrounds for your cels.  I have set up the following webpage with samples and more information.

http://www.kevinnoonchester.com/donmoore.htm

Take your cel collection to a whole new level with original hand-painted backgrounds.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2010, 06:52:41 PM by Noonchester »

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Hello Kevin and welcome here  :)

Thanks for the notification. It's great to have 'access' to the original artists who worked on our favorites characters.
For some of us, a good A3 color reproduction will do the job, but having a real 'hand painted' background by the one of the original artist is just ... awesome!  :-* 

brian

• View Profile
Hello Kevin, Good to see you again.

I have bought some wonderful cels from Kevin in the past. I am very glad to hear about the background service. There are several that I have been hoping to aquire, now I might get the chance.

Edit: now that I reread it, real hand painted backgrounds....wow...much better than laser copies.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 10:38:08 PM by brian »

Noonchester

• View Profile
Hello Brian,  Thanks for the bump!  Please contact me directly and we can make arrangements for Don to do some backgrounds for your cels.  He just completed another background for a client and I will be posting the image to Don's webpage this week.

Noonchester

• View Profile
The gallery of completed commission projects has expanded.  Will yours be next?

Dazza

• View Profile
How much does a typical background cost to get done?

Noonchester

• View Profile
Prices are on a case by case basis.  The size of your cel and the level of detail required will affect the price.  For more specific information, please contact me with a digital picture of the cel you intend to have a BG done for.  As a frame of reference, the background in this picture http://www.kevinnoonchester.com/images/daphne1BG.jpg cost $500.00 because of the level of detail involved with the piles of rendered gold and jeweled pillars.  Others have cost less, like the globes, etc.

Noonchester

• View Profile
Re: Attention all Dragon's Lair, Space Ace & Dragon's Lair II cel collectors
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2010, 10:09:14 PM »
More images have been posted to Don's page.  Don continues to do outstanding work for those placing orders.  We have an exciting product on the horizon.  A limited edition print run of 50 Giclee prints of an original piece inspired by his most famous painting.  The original painting will also be available for sale.  When the color key prelim is done, more info regarding orders will be posted.

http://www.kevinnoonchester.com/donmoore.htm

Dirks Magic Sword

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2010, 07:00:59 AM »
What would the following cost to be done:

-Pan view from Smithee room
-Black Knight in checkerboard room
-Lizard Kings hallway
-Dirk in sword pose vs Singe right after he pulls Magic Sword from the giant gem.

These would be my Top 4.

Noonchester

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2010, 10:43:31 AM »
Please email me directly at the email address found on the bottom of Don's webpage.  I will need some details with regards to these cels.  If you can email me pictures of the cels, I can (for example) locate WHICH of the Lizard King hallway sequences you're asking about.  Also, most importantly, we will need the measurements of your cel in order to issue a proper estimate.  A 16 field cel (approx 13 x 16) will require a larger painting which will take more time and therefore, cost more than a background for 12 field (10x12) cel.  Also, with regards to a pan background, if your cel is a wide pan sheet of celluloid, then a pan background to match is appropriate.  However, if your cel is still only a 10x12 cel, then it is wise to just have a 10x12 background painted for it since that would be the framable area.  It is problematic to frame a cel to a much larger background.

Please contact me directly with either some jpeg images of the cels you're inquiring about (or some links to some images you have posted online) along with those measurements and we can get some estimates to you.  We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Noonchester

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 30, 2010, 11:09:10 AM »
Mr Mill,
     Thank you for your direct email, but you neglected to give me any of the information I asked for in my previous message board post in favor of simply copying & pasting your forum post.  As stated before, I will need IMAGES & THE MEASUREMENTS OF YOUR CELS in order to move forward with getting you a quote.  Just as an example, there are at least 7 "hallway" backgrounds that make up the Lizard King chase sequence.  I need more information... I NEED PICTURES.

We look forward to doing business with you.

Regards,
Kevin Noonchester

http://www.KevinNoonchester.com/donmoore.htm