Author Topic: Monitors.  (Read 14136 times)

Brry71

• View Profile
    • The other side of me
Re: Monitors.
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2010, 08:06:36 PM »
Hi all,

Any news on this? Are we in business, or still awaiting the details?

Cheers,
Barry
LOOKING FOR: a license to print money.....

And a Pacman. And a Donkey Kong.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2010, 08:37:12 PM »
still waiting for people to oder and see if we can hit the magic number (12-14)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2010, 09:21:02 PM »
Well, as you know I'm still in the process of finding monitors directly from the far east, and finally on a good trail.

I guess people are on the brink because of this. My source _can_ deliver true "ball" monitors as they name them. The chassis are also Wei-Yah's.

I asked some more questions for details and a pro-forma order plus if it's possible to get a sample monitor to see if it will fit (very important) and judge the quality. Also asked what brand CRT's they use.

I'm aware this may be hurting Michael's offer so by any means, if you want to get it through Michael go ahead, I think his option may be more sure than mine. I mean, I will have to have a considerable amount (30 or so) to order to make it feasible.

OR we have to find someone with some spare money to invest in this deal for a full container.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2010, 09:32:42 PM »
no problem André, i´m only asking for a friend, so it´s ok with me if the people will wait.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2010, 11:51:15 PM »

I guess people are on the brink because of this.

That's correct.

Ravage

• View Profile
    • Retrokade
« Reply #65 on: May 13, 2010, 12:23:08 AM »
I know this thread is a logn way along... but I see these are going to use Wei-Yahs for the chassis.

have you checked these are going to do the job - I bought some of these a while back as "drop in replacements" for G07 chassis. Well yeah if you want a pincushioned monitor that'd make a vector collector laugh and the picture half the size!

So just warning you it'd be worth checking thoroughyl before committing.

If anyone wnats said "drop in G07 wei-yahs I have 10 of them gathering dust if your feeling brave  ;)

Regardsless, keep it up and if these were proven to work perfectly I'd be intersted too!

Cheers RAv

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #66 on: May 13, 2010, 12:42:18 AM »
I know this thread is a logn way along... but I see these are going to use Wei-Yahs for the chassis.

have you checked these are going to do the job - I bought some of these a while back as "drop in replacements" for G07 chassis. Well yeah if you want a pincushioned monitor that'd make a vector collector laugh and the picture half the size!

So just warning you it'd be worth checking thoroughyl before committing.

If anyone wnats said "drop in G07 wei-yahs I have 10 of them gathering dust if your feeling brave  ;)

Regardsless, keep it up and if these were proven to work perfectly I'd be intersted too!

Cheers RAv
Sounds like they have sent the wrong yoke impedance version ? For the record, I am either looking for a CRT + chassis combination OR complete monitors including frames. Of course I expect these to be 100% OK. That's also why I asked a sample.

By the way, why replace a G07 chassis, it's easy to fix and a great chassis....