Author Topic: Those world records make me want a DK even more!  (Read 7981 times)

mchay

• View Profile
Those world records make me want a DK even more!
« on: March 09, 2010, 08:25:39 PM »
http://www.twingalaxies.com/index.aspx?c=27&id=2013

Reading about something like this makes me want a DK even more  >:(

slasherman

• View Profile
Re: Those world records make me want a DK even more!
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 08:57:12 PM »
Hank S Chien
Score: 1,061,700

hmm that was new to me, my record is 125400 by the way. (with pretty bad joystick Mag-Stick Plus, on Mame)
Wonder how I had played on original cabinet  ???
Maybe I'm one of the better players here in Norway ??? not because I'm good but because nobody plays it...

« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:11:45 PM by slasherman »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2010, 09:31:50 PM »
post you´re score in the High Score section  ::) ::) ::)

oh, and i bet Brian Kuh is not happy now, as the new world record holder have only played the game for 2 years!!! lol
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 09:45:20 PM by Muerto »

slasherman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2010, 11:09:55 PM »
post you´re score in the High Score section  ::) ::) ::)

oh, and i bet Brian Kuh is not happy now, as the new world record holder have only played the game for 2 years!!! lol
I'm not pleased with my high score  ;D I have just played DK for about 6 months and they never had DK in my home town. As for Brian "killscreen" Kuh, he is pretty good but not unreachable.
The last two weeks I have not played DK, I have just played a little bit of Kung Fu Master which I have taken all 5 levels and got a dragon, but I missed my last man on level 2/second round. Many people play Kung Fu Master with a 8 way joystick and that's wrong, it should be 4 way joystick.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2010, 11:15:47 PM by slasherman »

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 08:36:16 PM »
Maybe I'm one of the better players here in Norway ??? not because I'm good but because nobody plays it...

I play it, but I'm no good. I have an original DK cocktail table.

slasherman

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 10:53:01 PM »

I play it, but I'm no good. I have an original DK cocktail table.

Did you import it or did you buy it in Norway...I live in Oslo by the way and I play DK sometimes in a pub called Tilt. They have a lot of pinballs and the tables are arcades where you can sit and drink beer while playing. The joystick is 8 ways on all tables and that makes it harder...
Here is a newspaper article: http://oslopuls.aftenposten.no/restaurant_uteliv/article249027.ece
And here is some pictures from the Tilt: http://gallery.pinball.no/main.php/v/user-albums/twarr/Tilt/
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:57:55 PM by slasherman »

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2010, 10:21:31 AM »
slasherman:

I bought it locally, at an auction. That's the only time I've seen anything remotely interesting in a Norwegian auction.  :)

I visited Oslo (and of course Tilt) last month. What a wonderful place! They even had a Medieval Madness, and there were lots of credits in all the games, for some reason. I still have all the tokens I purchased before I noticed that, and I will spend them on my next visit to Oslo.

Do you have any games at home?

slasherman

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2010, 04:28:01 PM »
slasherman:

I bought it locally, at an auction. That's the only time I've seen anything remotely interesting in a Norwegian auction.  :)

I visited Oslo (and of course Tilt) last month. What a wonderful place! They even had a Medieval Madness, and there were lots of credits in all the games, for some reason. I still have all the tokens I purchased before I noticed that, and I will spend them on my next visit to Oslo.

Do you have any games at home?
Yes I have Wonderboy in a arcade system called Kennys. Many arcades like this was placed around in my hometown. The front was changeable so they changed games every 2 months or so. Have you seen this system?

« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 04:30:12 PM by slasherman »

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2010, 08:03:20 PM »
Yes I have Wonderboy in a arcade system called Kennys. Many arcades like this was placed around in my hometown. The front was changeable so they changed games every 2 months or so. Have you seen this system?

No, I never saw that around here. It's nice to see what others have. :) Did you get it directly from the operator? Does he have more?
But I must admit I didn't play much in my hometown, mostly abroad on holiday. The only games which I can remember were here in the 80s are Gauntlet, Badlands and 1942.

slasherman

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2010, 08:24:01 PM »
No, I never saw that around here. It's nice to see what others have. :) Did you get it directly from the operator? Does he have more?
But I must admit I didn't play much in my hometown, mostly abroad on holiday. The only games which I can remember were here in the 80s are Gauntlet, Badlands and 1942.

I have had this machine since early 90's and I have not seen any games like this since then. My hometown Fredrikstad was "full" of them in the late 80's. Maybe they lay around in a warehouse or maybe they have been thrown away. Most of the games was wall mouthed but some of them was hanged on a iron supporter. I remember a lot of games in this system: Gun Smoke, Kung Fu Master, 1942, Tiger Heli, The Last War 1999, Athena even Punch Out was on it.