Author Topic: :: The Tron Legacy topic ::  (Read 70574 times)

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
Re: New Tron Legacy Trailer
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
I don't know about your 9 year old son but I sure know how to scare YOU André...
Don't scroll down...

Believe me you really don't want to see that...

You've been warned...

Last warning...

Aleeeeeeeeeeeeeeert!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2012, 11:12:21 PM by chrischris »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2011, 11:15:29 PM »
Hahaha, oooooooooooh, now THAT is a spoiler !!!

Yes, it scared the shit out of me back then. The main thing was that it took so long to play to actually "meet" this guy...you know, you got into a routine in that game so you expect just another pilot pick up...and of course you need to see it happen and the sound is SO important there :P

Hey, I never noticed, but do you see that there are initials on the belly of the alien ? Must be the programmer's !!!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2011, 05:01:57 PM »
10 years ago, I was a 'biker' (brand new 'Honda CBR 600F' lucky owner  8)). If I had still a bike nowadays, I would buy this without any hesitation! (my bike has exactly the same colors : Black & Grey!)  :P  :arrow:

One for sale right here.

Only one size available (comment from the seller : "you would need to have a fairly slim build and not look like Vin Diesel for this suit to fit")

:spaceace:

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 29, 2011, 11:29:02 PM »
just got back from watching tron legacy in imax 3d and i have to say THIS MOVIE IS TOTAL CRAP: 3d effect (when it is there, because half of the movie is conventional 2d) is almost non-existing, a screenplay doesn't exist either, the movie is full of stupid lame dialogues and has no drive at all. there were only two good things: seeing bruce "sheridan" boxleitner again and the daft punk soundtrack really rocked. to me, tron legacy is already the disappointment of the year! thumbs down for this one - it simply couldn't deliver!

btw, i watched the original movie yesterday evening again for the first time after 20 years and all i can say is: i shouldn't have! this movie didn't age well at all! it completely destroyed all my fabulous childhood memories. some movies should simply be only remembered ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2011, 11:35:33 PM »
You watched with the wrong eyes to the original....

You watched with 2011 eyes.

Watch it again 2 or 3 times and you'll see......

And don't spoil it, I still have to go !  ;D

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2011, 09:59:20 AM »
Of course, this movie must be seen in original version ... I always thought that words relating to science fiction and computer stuff sounds good in English only. A bad dubbing can ruin a film...
I like the new Star Wars trilogy, but impossible to watch it in French for example...

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2011, 10:26:16 AM »
O wait......Ully saw the German spoken version ! Or do they do subtitles now in German theaters ?

I remember when we were on holiday in Germany when I was a kid we went to a movie. I hated every second of it because of the stupid overdubbing....

I love that we do subtitles here (although they irritate me now I am old enough to follow the English speach, esp. in 3D) it's a good introduction to learning English for kids.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2011, 10:46:01 AM »
O wait......Ully saw the German spoken version ! Or do they do subtitles now in German theaters ?

i DID watch it in german, but that's not what killed it. the movie is one big disappointment (for me) and i won't watch it again. the original language can't compensate for all the stuff i mentioned above ... i was really enthusiastic about seeing it, but it was one epic fail! too much hype for nothing. what i did like were the arcade scenes and the homage / tribute to the original, but that's it!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

liquidx

• Bruxhell, Belgium
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2011, 11:17:08 AM »
I saw it in English and still agree with Ully, it was a giant hollywood turd, albeit a nice looking one. Then again, that's mostly what Hollywood does these days.

It works great on the eyes and the ears but you need to shut off the brain to watch it. It would probably work better if you were trashed out of your mind on some psychedelic or other. It's a nice trip without a story, so was the original but I look at that one in that era's context, at least it was trying something new.

Then again, I thought Avatar was crap too.
findapinball.com - The European pinball locator

Dazza

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2011, 12:24:48 PM »
I got everything I expected from the new Tron.

The plot was awful, but all the action scenes were brilliant. Very visually pleasing.

Now the original, was a pioneer and completely ahead of it's time. I can still watch it now and still enjoy it immensely.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2011, 12:51:02 PM »
I saw it in English and still agree with Ully, it was a giant hollywood turd, albeit a nice looking one. Then again, that's mostly what Hollywood does these days.

It works great on the eyes and the ears but you need to shut off the brain to watch it. It would probably work better if you were trashed out of your mind on some psychedelic or other. It's a nice trip without a story, so was the original but I look at that one in that era's context, at least it was trying something new.

Then again, I thought Avatar was crap too.

I love Avatar. These films are amusement people, if you want to stimulate the brain you'd probably have to go to an entire different kind of movie.... and I expect Tron to have a lot less "story" than Avatar.
If I go to McDonalds I know what I will get. If I go to a fancy restaurant I know what I will get. I like to do both once in a while (although I prefer BK) :)

Anyway, it won't stop me from going to see it. I always judge myself. Same with everything else, games, books, music....

jcp

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2011, 03:05:22 PM »
For me, the best way to remember me Tron is to listen the audio cassette tape :lol: :

:arrow:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2011, 05:42:15 PM »
Yesterday evening I saw the movie for the second time, but this time in 3D.
To be honest the 3D isn't spectacular at all. It's sad because it was THE movie for 3D effect :-\
But I still love that movie  ;)

Hey, did you know?... Flynn lives!  8)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2011, 09:51:59 PM »
For me, the best way to remember me Tron is to listen the audio cassette tape :lol: :

:arrow:
Hey love retro audio stuff, but I've always hated the Compact Cassette system. It simply sucks in every possible way.

Philips designed the CC system for memo-recorders. They never conceived it as a hi fidelity audio recording system.
For good audio recordings you had a tape reel-deck in those days...

It were the Japanese (who seem to be obsessed with making everything smaller) that turned it into a "serious" audio system.

However, it failed in every way: tapes ran at different speeds in your car compared to what you recorded it on, the heads were also always JUST not alligned properly, or your home deck had Dolby C, but your car or portable device didn't and so it sucked even more in sound quality.....

No, I really have hated it from the start and I loved it when it died. :) Much in contrast to vinyl records of course.

But I can see the "nostalgia" feeling about it :)

What stereo do you have there. I still want to score a Marantz 22.. receiver one day...

Q*ris

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • CAP'TAIIIN ARCADE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2011, 11:28:13 PM »
That's great pic JCP!
And I can read on the cover of the tape that the TRON story is told by the scary Bogdanoff twins.

These guys had a science fiction show on saturday afternoon on french TV and were often talking about new sci-fi/horror movies + showing trailers + airing "the twilight zone".
They are responsible for many of my deepest child fears... :ghost: :ghost: ... but I just couldn't help watching it every week!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:17:48 PM by chrischris »