Author Topic: Hello Everyone!  (Read 6003 times)

arcade81

• View Profile
    • http://www.abrightideaamusements.com
Hello Everyone!
« on: August 22, 2006, 06:32:36 PM »
Hello!
My name is Ray. I Live in Orlando, FL. I have been a colector for 21 years. At last count I have over 30 games in various states of restoration. But I have to say the the most fun I have had in this addiction is collecting laser games. I have enjoyed reading the stories of  other laser game collectors on the forums. Here's my story.
   April 5th, 1985. that was a big day for me. Why? that's the day I brought home my first arcade game- SPACE ACE! I payed $1500.00 for it.(still expensive back then!) My friend who ran the arcade I bought it from (Thanks again, Steve!!!) and I got it to my home and soldered a couple of RCA jacks from the game speakers to the stereo aux and fired it up- IN DOLBY SOUND THROUGH THE  TOWER SPEAKERS! I THINK EVERYONE IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD HEARD IT!! IT WAS AWESOME!! There is something about a laser game above all others- almost magical in a way. they REALLY take you to another world. And to have one in your home, words can't describe. I had a Space Ace,  Dragons Lair, Thayer's Quest, and Super Don Quixote! I sold them when I moved from New York to Florida in 1989.  I hope to add them to my collection again.
Well, thats my introduction.
Thanks everyone for listening!
Ray
www.abrightideaamusements.com
nd Remember-
KEEP PLAYIN LIKE IT'S 1981!!!

SPACE HARRIER

• View Profile
    • http://gunners-club.1up.com/
Hello Everyone!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2006, 05:30:34 PM »
Hey,welcome aboard! :D
A great website you got,very entertaining  :lol: !
 I collect mainly old videogameconsoles and games,I have in my collection..

Megadrive,super nes,nes,pc-engine,master system,vectrex,virtual boy,saturn,neo geo,playstation 1 and 2,atari 2600,colecovision,cdi,gamecube,dreamcast,jaguar,x-box,x-box 360,psp,nintendo ds,lynx..and loads of games about 400. 8)

Hope you have a good time here on the forums and see you arround..

TNT,Willy :wink:
IED 777 times,but i'm still alive!

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
Hello Everyone!
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2006, 11:42:49 PM »
Hi Ray, and welcome to this forum  :)

Your story is impressive  :P To own a Space Ace cab in... 1985 must be something incredible !!! WoW  :shock:

And listening the game with 2 huge speakers ... WOW  :D

I'm gonna now check your website too ;-)

THanks for your story, and see you soon  :)

arcade81

• View Profile
    • http://www.abrightideaamusements.com
Hello Everyone!
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 05:05:01 PM »
The best story about my Space ace machine was I had gotten it just before my graduation fom high school (about a month and a half) When I had my graduation party, I decided to set my machine to .25 to start, .50 to continue. I made more in my machine than I did in all my graduation cards!!! that game was so popular with everyone! I have other games now, but I miss that machine! I envy everyone who has one- but that game was  a big part of my past. I spent a year and a half  learning  on that game, taking it home  was one of the best moments of my life!
Keep playin' like it's 1981!
Ray
nd Remember-
KEEP PLAYIN LIKE IT'S 1981!!!