Author Topic: The planning and built of My Gameroom  (Read 204443 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The planning and built of My Gameroom
« Reply #285 on: July 15, 2012, 01:28:48 AM »
Ok, it´s time for a little update. Although,  not much of an update because there has been little progress. Electricity still has to be done  :oops:  and some other small stuff too.

In the meanwhile I´m a bit busy arranging and re-arranging (and re-arranging) the games is the room, and now it´s visible what I was afraid for already for some time .... the room is too small, meaning that I will have to get rid of some cabs. And that´s a difficult decision. OK, not all the time, because today I stripped a generic wooden cab which wasn´t in good shape anyway. So suddenly I have a spare monitor with chassis and a complete wiring for a Jamma cab. And a chunk of wood. Maybe I will make a nice fire of it in the Autumn.  :twisted:

So, one cab too many has left the building. But I still need to get rid of 4 to 5 games. What a torture to pick them!  ??? :?

Last week I also bought something to bring a nice atmosphere in the gameoom, a mini laser stage lighting ( http://www.ebay.nl/itm/Mini-Green-Red-LED-Stage-Laser-Projector-Lighting-Adjustment-Disco-Club-DJ-Light-/251067889225?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item3a74cff649#ht_4590wt_920 ).

It only set me back 20 bucks, and I tested it today and it had a very nice effect. I don´t imagine that I will have it switched on for hours, just for shorter moments.

But I have absolutely no knowledge of Class 3 lasers, so I´m wondering, can these lasers cause damage to the cabs, or to the monitors? Or to a neon on the wall?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 01:31:23 AM by ckong »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #286 on: July 15, 2012, 02:22:10 PM »
You don't have to be worried about damage to cabs, monitors or neons.....I'd worry about people's eyes !

As long as you don't look straight into it it's fine I guess....so let it project on a wall or ceiling, above where your eyes are anyway...

Pretty cool thing....maybe...... we can test it at Eurocade ;D ;D ;D

About the games.....want me to help and choose ? Let's have a full list of what you got... I am sure I can help you choose very wisely  ;D ;D ;D ;D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 15, 2012, 02:45:44 PM »
Yes, there came a warning with it regarding eyes, that's why I'm going to mount it on the ceiling, so there is no danger. And I already planned to take it with me to Eurocade, will be great, it can easily 'reach' the whole room.

Nic-fryer

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: May 25, 2013, 12:48:48 PM »
Hey Erik?,

I just read the whole thing and it was really good. What happened?

- Nic
- BLANK -

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: May 25, 2013, 03:32:09 PM »
Hey Erik?,

I just read the whole thing and it was really good. What happened?

- Nic

Not much for most of the time. Real life and other things got in the way.

But actually,since last week I have electricity in the shed, not everywhere yet, but it is a start. I will post some new pictures soon.

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 17, 2013, 11:51:15 PM »
How is it getting along?

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 19, 2013, 06:20:03 AM »
I was about to ask the same thing, Haven't seen updates in a while....  Pix Please!  ;D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: August 05, 2013, 11:28:27 PM »
A lot has been done the last months, not only in the gameroom, but everywhere inside and outside our house. Actually the house almost got a complete overhaul, and the finishing of the gameroom went along with it in the slipstream.

What has been done in the gameroom?

- I finally got real electricity over there, so I could ditch the extension cable which I used so far. We had to dig a trench of 45 meters long and 80 centimers deep, underneath the drive way and through the garden. I didn´t like this at all, but it had to be done. In it went a thick red tube in which a flexible watertube, an electricity cable (carrying 380V) and an UTP cable were drawn to the gameroom.

After that it was time to do part of the pavement again, along the driveway and in front of the shed:

Then I started to set up and decorate the gameroom. At the ceiling came 8 TL armatures, with coloured sleeves (red on the outside and blue on the inside). Unfortuntely the next few pictures don´t show the colour of the tubes very good. Anyway, the gameroom is almost done now:

And the Candy corner:

I now have room for 20 classic cabs and 3 Candy´s, which means that there still is one empty spot, for Juno First. One more thing to do is to find a nice solution for a music system. Does someone have a good idea for a solution that takes little space (recently I saw a very nice and tiny wall (CD) jukebox  which needs little space)?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 04:50:24 AM by ckong »

Reboot

• View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 06, 2013, 12:04:41 AM »
Very nice, love these topics (lot's of shoot'em up games, you're favorite genre  :))
What happened to your afterburner dlx? (thought that you owned one, red it somewhere or am I wrong)

just wondering, why didn't you build the shed next to the house so you just go through a door to get to the gameroom?
Now you have to go 'outside' to go to the gameroom. Is it because of the material used, wood instead of bricks or is it a permit kind of thing?
Now it's a shed else it's part of the house?

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 06, 2013, 12:07:01 AM »
Awesome Erik, definitely one of the best looking game rooms around! And a what an great selection of cab's...  :-*

Looking forward to seeing in real life! :D

:spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:03:56 AM by gyruss »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 06, 2013, 05:00:42 AM »
Very nice, love these topics (lot's of shoot'em up games, you're favorite genre  :))
What happened to your afterburner dlx? (thought that you owned one, red it somewhere or am I wrong)

just wondering, why didn't you build the shed next to the house so you just go through a door to get to the gameroom?
Now you have to go 'outside' to go to the gameroom. Is it because of the material used, wood instead of bricks or is it a permit kind of thing?
Now it's a shed else it's part of the house?

Afterburner dlx, well, real life got in the way (meaning, wife said no way) and I sold it before I collected it.  :) Best decision ever.

Building regulations don´t allow me to build the shed next to the house, it had to be built behind the house. Besides, I didn´t want to ruin part of the garden next to the house for it and the shed is not only a gameroom, it is also a gardenshed.

anunaki

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 06, 2013, 07:11:07 AM »
looks great Erik :spaceace:

Sonic 1992

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • I Wanna Go Back !
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 06, 2013, 08:05:56 AM »
Looking Great!!  Love the Tetris Light!!!!  :D

Tyrem

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • SK GameNatiX
« Reply #298 on: August 06, 2013, 08:33:19 AM »
Amazing room! Great cabs, love it!
Looking for Dragons Lair 1 or 2, Space Ace, Double Dragon, Robotron and yeah... a Shinobi would be cool, too!

slowcade

• Norway
    • View Profile
    • http://slowcade.blogspot.com/
« Reply #299 on: August 06, 2013, 08:36:51 AM »
Wow! The room looks great! And the cabs are beautiful! Nice way to hang the marquees too!  :spaceace:

I absolutely hate those lasers though. I wish laser pointers were illegal.  >:(