Author Topic: The planning and built of My Gameroom  (Read 204396 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The planning and built of My Gameroom
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2010, 02:59:25 PM »

anyway, which cabs are currently in your collection and are definitely going into the gameroom?

Japanese: 2 x New Astro city, 1 Egret 2 (with tri-sync chassis)

Classic: SW cockpit, Asteroids, Pac-Man, Ms. Pac-Man, Galaga, Galaxian, Gravitar, Breakout, Donkey Kong, Vanguard (Zaccaria), Centipede, Scramble (Zaccaria)

Other: SI/Qix anniversary cab, Mame cab.

That makes it 17 in total. I won't have room for much more, but that's OK. I love playing all games above and don't have much more to wish. And the addition of the football game and a pinball will make it complete for me, an allround gameroom, that's what I want. However, I would make room for a Tempest, Robotron or Black Widow (at the cost of Scramble or Pac-man).

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2010, 08:26:42 PM »
It must be great to finally start with the built. I'm sure this is going to be an awesome room, can't wait to play your great collection of games sometime (including the candy's)  :D

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 13, 2010, 11:48:39 PM »
No turning back now!  :roll:

today the ground work, in preparation for the foundation, has been done. Two guys from the shed-building company came to locate the exact position and height (or depth) of the area where the ground has to be dug away.

and then the digging could start. I always like to watch this kind of work, it's amazing how these machinist can control their machines up to a centimeter. And this one is small, but I've seen some amazing work in the past with really big power shovels.

And I fortunately remenbered that I need a trench for gas, water and electra supply. The bottom of the trench is about 80 cm under level, and the rest is dug out 70 cm under level.

Finished. As you can see on the pictures, the terrain is not quite level (which is an understatement), there is a level difference of almost 20 centimeter between the left side of the shed and the right side of the shed. But that is no problem, I just have to bring up some earth on the right side, and of that I have enough.  :D

Later this week the foundation (insulation, steel wire mats, concrete) will be made, but tomorrow I first will have to put some 50 mm PVC tubes in the trench, where I will bring in the tyleen tubes for water and gas and the electricity and ethernet cable at a later point.

To be continued.  :)

« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 11:51:38 PM by ckong »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2010, 11:53:51 PM »
And this one is small, but I've seen some amazing work in the past with really big power shovels.

Actually the small one's are harder to operate than the bigger one's. They are much more "nervous" in the movements because of the low weight. Not what I made up, just what I was told by some guy who works on them...

This all looks fairly familiar to me....same prep work as done here :)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 14, 2010, 06:52:54 AM »
great to see that everything is slowly but surely coming together nicely. is this going to be finished within the year?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 14, 2010, 07:16:27 AM »
great to see that everything is slowly but surely coming together nicely. is this going to be finished within the year?

I do hope so. My aim is spring 2011, then the gameroom should be complete finished and up and running, and ready for the grand opening.  :)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 14, 2010, 01:33:43 PM »
Great to see the progress!

........the grand opening.  :)

as long as you turn on "The weber" count me in  ;)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 14, 2010, 05:07:24 PM »

You can count on it.  :)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 14, 2010, 07:05:29 PM »
I have a question for the electro technicians here:

I will bring gas, water, electricity and ethernet to the shed. I will feed the last 7 meters of it through a few 50 mm PVC tubes, which I dug in today (pics later). I was planning to put the 5-wire electricity (ground) cable and the ethernet cable to one tube, but today someone told me that this could give distortion (in the ethernet cable?) and that it is better to have as much distance between the ethernet and the electricity cable.

True or not true?

flip971

• View Profile
    • Retrogame
« Reply #84 on: September 14, 2010, 07:12:05 PM »
Ckong: It's preferible take distance between ethernet cable and electricity cable, or if you can, put in a separate tube.
Etherne cable can take 100mt from an hub to other hub without connectivity problem.
However, for the little space of a small office (a room 3x3 mt) I need to made pass the ethernet cable with the elceticity cable: untill today, they work on internet and into the local network without problem.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 07:22:50 PM by flip971 »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 14, 2010, 08:33:27 PM »
Great to see the progress!

........the grand opening.  :)

Hey, i got a Weber like that (the exact same model) and it´s always "turned on" when there´s a party in The Shed!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 14, 2010, 10:01:44 PM »
What did I do today? Besides a bit of normal work, I also assembled and dug in a few PVC pipes in which water, gas, electra and network tubes and cables will be put through.

I will use 32 mm tyleen tubes for gas and water, and these tubes are very rigid, hard to bent (fortunately). That's why I used two 45o knees (knietjes), instead of one 90o. Several people told me that this should work, especially when I have the aid of a traction cable.

I bet you all saw that there was a little bent in the tubes in the trench. I noticed that too and I straightened them out after I took the pics (but before I filled the trench  ;D , which wasn't a nice job.)

That's it for today.

Are all these pictures boring by the way? I could post a few less.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2010, 10:04:54 PM »

Not at all, it's perfect! Thanks for all the details  :-*

scr33n

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 14, 2010, 10:16:06 PM »

Not at all, it's perfect! Thanks for all the details  :-*

+1
PROJECTS FROM SCRATCH:

Galaga - PacMan - Donkey Kong Red Cab - Track & Field Upright - Tempest - Burgertime - Gyruss - Defender - Track & Field Cocktail - Robotron 2084

RESTORATIONS:

Q*bert - Timber

Almighty

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 14, 2010, 10:26:52 PM »
Nice to see the project/pictures Erik :)

Cheers,

M.