Author Topic: The planning and built of My Gameroom  (Read 204366 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: The planning and built of My Gameroom
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2010, 08:02:18 PM »
Uh, first you sign the contract and then ask for the permit. You've got balls ! :D
Then again, waiting for the permit takes a couple of weeks at least. And then they start asking for extra information. Etc. Etc.

Congrats my friend, I know it will become great !

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 08:54:57 PM »
In my game room I use anything videogame related, Classic or New game memorabilla, Arcade and Home videogame signs, posters & Displays..

I like that idea.

@Level42, yes, I have balls, but I also have an escape clause in the contract: if I don't get a building permit, I don't have to pay anything to the shed builder. It's written in the contract.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2010, 10:10:44 AM »
Will there be a place in you gameroom tho play your console games?

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2010, 11:05:40 AM »
Will there be a place in you gameroom tho play your console games?

Yes, I want it to be a multi game(play)room: classic arcade cabs, japanese candy cabs, a table football, one or two Pachinko's (because I like the neon), console games and one top notch Pinball (which I have to buy yet).  ;D

And I will try to leave space to be able to walk in it also  :-[

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2010, 11:10:41 AM »
And I will try to leave space to be able to walk in it also  :-[

;) who cares?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2010, 06:54:08 PM »
And I'm guessing you also got quite a nice console collection too?
« Last Edit: March 12, 2010, 06:56:07 PM by gyruss »

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2010, 08:38:01 AM »
Got a bit of 'bad' newd yesterday. Because the shed will be larger than 50 m2, I can't apply for a light building permit, but I have to apply for a regular permit. And that means that the procedure is longer, much longer. The civil servant told me yesterday that it might take up to 16 weeks before they grant me the permission to built. And after that there is still a period of 6 weeks that people concerned can file complaints!!!  :evil:

So, I can't go through with my inititial plan to built the shed early June, it will be postponed by at least 2 months!  :evil:

On the bright side, it will give me more time to think about how I will do the interior of the gameroom.  :)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2010, 10:12:42 AM »
Ow man that sucks big time ! That will also mean longer storage for your games, so unexpected extra costs....

On the bright side, your Gravitar is welcome to stay a little longer, no problem my friend, I will take the burden like a man...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2010, 10:13:53 AM »
On the bright side, your Gravitar is welcome to stay a little longer, no problem my friend, I will take the burden like a man...... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

are you sure that you can handle that, andrĂ©?  ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2010, 10:19:12 AM »
Well it will be tough.....really tough.... ;)

Man this game is so brilliant.

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2010, 03:56:49 PM »
A bit of bad news, but also some good news.

The bad news: yesterday a civil servant of the local authorities called me and he told me that the shed, which will be 60 m2, is too big to fit in the development plan (bestemmingsplan). I knew that I was allowed to built 80 m2 extra, but that I had to deduct all existing secundary buildings from that number, and I thought those were appr. 20 m2, which left room enough for the shed. But the civil servant told me that the secundary buildings already occupy 60 m2 of the 80 m2 @!#?@!?  It seemed that the previous house owner hasn't done everything according the law, which means that our downstairs bedroom officially doesn't belong to the main building, but it is an secundary building/room (officialy: hobby space). Damn, damn, damn. The civil servant told me then that because of this he couldn't give me a building permit.

But now the good news. The civil servant, with whom I already have had some good contacts (never get angry at a civil servant if you need him), told me that it is a bit strange that I, living in the country side, can't built a proper shed. Then he surprised me and he said that he already had taken action to alter the development plan to allow me to not built 80 m2 extra, but 150 m2, and that the local authorities would go along with this!!  :D :D :D :D :D  WHAT A GREAT GUY, I will never make jokes anymore about civil servants.

Of course such an alteration of development plan has to be publised in newspapers so that the public can react on that, which takes another 6 weeks extra. But the civil servant told me that it is as good as 99,9% certain that the alteration will be approved and he was pretty sure that he can give me the building permit in the week of 7 september.  :D :D Yes, finally.

One problem though, the built of the shed is planned to start on August 30, and it will be ready one week later, before I have the permit!!! I contacted the builder about this and the next possibility to built the shed is late October.  :( So now I have to decide to stick to end of August and take a (pretty small) risk, or to wait two more months. But I don't want to wait because I have to insulate the gameroom and do a lot of other work and I want the gameroom to be ready before the winter.

In the meanwhile the permit fees etc. are getting more and more.  :-[

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 15, 2010, 04:11:05 PM »
6 additional weeks are NOTHING compared to the 99% certainty of an alteration approval. In your shoes i would wait october to start building "my" shed: 3 additional months to think on how to decorate the building ;)... and dream up on it  ::)
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 15, 2010, 04:52:36 PM »
Good news, in the end it will be worth the wait ;D

Ronald Reagan

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 15, 2010, 05:00:30 PM »
If you do start building, you must scan your environment for nasty neighbours. Because they can call the Gemeente to see if you have a building permit and then they will take action and maybe even shut the building site down.

An Error Has Occurred!
The last posting from your IP was less than 40 seconds ago. Please try again later.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 15, 2010, 05:05:02 PM »
not bad news at all i think, although i don't understand the difference between what he calls a shed and what you wanted to build before. but man, 150 m2 instead of 80m2 - almost double the size. hope you're going to use it!