Author Topic: FlashBoy for Galaxian³ and Starblade... got them!  (Read 17079 times)

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
FlashBoy for Galaxian³ and Starblade... got them!
« on: January 23, 2010, 09:22:07 AM »
Got a package from Japan...

...and here they are : 6 brand new FlashBoy  :-* :-* :-*

These special flash are used in games like Galaxian³, Starblade or Galaxy Force II  ...  :arrow:

There are no more in production, there are coming for an old stock. But it's still possible to order them. With the help of Xavier 'hikaru' from Japan (who own a Galaxy Force II...many thanks for your help on this :-*), we combined an order. We had to order at least 10 FlashBoy, and that is what we did!

The bad think is ... the price  :oops: These 6 FlashBoy costs me ... 300€ (including shipping cost + taxes incoming fee)!

But no regret, I know these FlashBoy won't be available for long because they are no more in production. I'll use them  *as spare* for my Starblade and also for my Galaxian Theater, coz' they are a lot of them inside the theater  ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
Re: FlashBoy for Galaxian³ and Starblade... got them!
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 10:41:06 AM »
The bad think is ... the price  :oops: These 6 FlashBoy costs me ... 300€ (including shipping cost + taxes incoming fee)!

puh, 300 euros for 6 light bulbs - that's a LOT!!!  :shock: but what can you do if you need them?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 10:00:37 PM »

puh, 300 euros for 6 light bulbs - that's a LOT!!!  :shock: but what can you do if you need them?

no surprise spare parts cost so much (especially from Japan - that is my main business)

Most of the times if you need a specific part of a game, you have to be prepared to pay much

you can pay even the 50% of the entire game for particular parts in specific games if totally broken

Most under estimate this factor and found themself in trouble when parts got broken

Some common examples:

turbo outrun suicide battery FD, capcom suicide battery, asteroids vector monitor, donkey kong monitor, original Dragon's lair/Space Ace Laserdisc player, Tron board and MCR, Taito space invaders MB, Outrun steering wheel part B, After Burner Joystick potentiometer, etc..

That's how things go

and soon or later you have to face it if you want to keep these games original inside

Mav

« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:07:58 PM by Maverick »

Equites

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 11:55:16 PM »
I need some of these for my Starblade cab, is there no Euro alternative to these? Where can I source these from?

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 08:21:40 PM »
DCE opened one, and as you can see, it's not just a simple lamp/flash  :arrow:

...that probably explains the price....

I need some of these for my Starblade cab, is there no Euro alternative to these? Where can I source these from?

Well, I didn't make the order directly, but I can see it's coming for the Japanese shop called 'USHIO' , see this page.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 11:05:32 PM »
Yeah, couldn't these have been replaced with a "regular" Xenon flasher ? I'd like to see one "in action" on a video to see how it looks like when operated.

Your friend in Japan should have shipped it as a gift to prevent import duties. I always ask the guys from the states to do this.

@Maverick: Outrun steering wheel part B, is that the big tooth gear ? Rob (Arcadecollection) is looking for one.

Maverick

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2010, 12:22:48 AM »

Your friend in Japan should have shipped it as a gift to prevent import duties. I always ask the guys from the states to do this.

It is an illegal declaration and bruno may incur in penal procedure for false declaration
(nothing to joke about in your lands)

The japan friend has done the right thing, also because he would be promptly legally issued (even him) and reported to the japan immigration for a sudden expulsion to the home country

in Japan law is very TOUGH

there is nothing to joke about it

Live it and you'll know it

Last year 3 guys got 4 years prison charge for having scanned a manga and share it online

@Maverick: Outrun steering wheel part B, is that the big tooth gear ? Rob (Arcadecollection) is looking for one.

I know, he is not the only one, as explained before some parts are very difficult to find and expensive to get

I got one last year at Mak japan in Tokyo,

Maybe he should ask to Bruno's Japan friend to go right there and buy 1 for him

Mav
« Last Edit: January 25, 2010, 12:54:05 AM by Maverick »

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2010, 12:10:25 PM »
I had some of these spare Bruno from Starblades I have smashed up. 300E... Ouch!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2010, 09:01:38 PM »
You smash up Starblades and even dare to admit it here ?
 :o :o :o :o :o :o

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2010, 09:42:09 PM »
Shocking pics please ;D
Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2010, 09:45:08 PM »

Equites

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2010, 12:19:16 AM »
You smash up Starblades and even dare to admit it here ?
 :o :o :o :o :o :o

Im sure Olly had reason, he loves Starblade as much as anyone here. Be nice to him cos I want him to sell me a Starblade controller.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2010, 12:31:01 AM »
I'm not calling him names am I ? I know about Starblade: Everybody loves it but no-one has the space for it (well not many).

I know the reality of how the vast majority of all those classic games have been demolished, I'm not blind. Just giving a little poke like I  like to do every now and then.

Oliver, if you are still interested in the Atari Dominos, it's available (again). The guy who said who wanted it lost interest and never picked it up. (Another reason why people smash up cabs).

Ooops, sorry guys, back on topic. Can anybody post a video how these Flashboy's look ? (By the way, that name probably didn't help selling them much .......)

Equites

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 26, 2010, 01:41:39 AM »
I'm not calling him names am I ? I know about Starblade: Everybody loves it but no-one has the space for it (well not many).

I know the reality of how the vast majority of all those classic games have been demolished, I'm not blind. Just giving a little poke like I  like to do every now and then.

I knew you were poking fun and so was I. Sorry dude if my humour was misunderstood.

Alpha1

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2010, 07:03:17 PM »
Hey,

I smashed them up because one was not in very good condition and I ran out of room for the other, but again this one wasn't the greatest of condition. I kept all the parts ready to own a nice yellow seat version one, oneday.

Level42: Is the Dominioes still free (i'll buy you some beers?)

Oliver