Author Topic: FlashBoy for Galaxian³ and Starblade... got them!  (Read 17034 times)

uncletom

• View Profile
Re: FlashBoy for Galaxian³ and Starblade... got them!
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2010, 04:48:31 PM »
Acutally, I think that one may be able to build such a strobe flash. If you can take pictures from the top and bottom of the PCB, make notes what components are used (if any custom/unkown parts are present), we can make our own strobes. No problem.

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2010, 04:53:55 PM »
Equites, if I had only known you needed a Starblade gun. I gave mine away for free to a friend here in Sweden, so he could hang it on his wall. He only paid me the shipping costs which btw were pretty expensive alone.

My cannon was in OK condition with a little crack on the red LED-lamp cover. The handles were ofcourse pretty loose as with all Starblades I've tested. But I had fixed that with paper inlays to stabilize the handles some. It worked fine. Also I cleaned the buttons down to the smallest detail as I even desoldered the little PCB underneath the switch for 100% access.

The Starblade cannon I think is exactly the same as Galaxian3, and is based on a general design used in other gun games today, latest being Let's Go Jungle. I may be wrong though.

On the other hand, I would really like to feel a Galaxian3 gun, and if I like the feeling even have one. Any color would do, just that it must in good shape with all plastics intact. I love the handles and the white plastic, and I think that Galaxian3 guns are nicer than the Starblade one.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2010, 04:56:30 PM by uncletom »

Equites

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2010, 05:48:58 PM »
Equites, if I had only known you needed a Starblade gun. I gave mine away for free to a friend here in Sweden, so he could hang it on his wall. He only paid me the shipping costs which btw were pretty expensive alone.

My cannon was in OK condition with a little crack on the red LED-lamp cover. The handles were ofcourse pretty loose as with all Starblades I've tested. But I had fixed that with paper inlays to stabilize the handles some. It worked fine. Also I cleaned the buttons down to the smallest detail as I even desoldered the little PCB underneath the switch for 100% access.

The Starblade cannon I think is exactly the same as Galaxian3, and is based on a general design used in other gun games today, latest being Let's Go Jungle. I may be wrong though.

On the other hand, I would really like to feel a Galaxian3 gun, and if I like the feeling even have one. Any color would do, just that it must in good shape with all plastics intact. I love the handles and the white plastic, and I think that Galaxian3 guns are nicer than the Starblade one.

I appreciate the gesture dude. Im missing a couple of buttons on my controller, thats all I need really but you can never have too many spares!

You are probably right, the Galaxian3 controller is probably pretty much the same as the Starblade variant. However, the plastic casing is quite big for the Galaxian3, pretty cool.

Equites

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2010, 05:53:22 PM »
Acutally, I think that one may be able to build such a strobe flash. If you can take pictures from the top and bottom of the PCB, make notes what components are used (if any custom/unkown parts are present), we can make our own strobes. No problem.

You are thinking the way I am thinking, I reckon you could rebuild these pretty cheap, they dont use any custom components. I may try this and document it.

uncletom

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2010, 10:42:26 PM »
Oh yes. Please do. I think that namco used what was available at the time. These strobes are no way 'Starblade strobes' but simply strobe lights bought from some manufacturer. Just like the force feedback motors for driving games.