Author Topic: Sniff, a last farewell...  (Read 3328 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Sniff, a last farewell...
« on: July 07, 2010, 05:48:50 PM »
This pics were still on my camera's memory but taken quite some weeks ago. The guys from the Danish arcade museum came to pick these cabs up:

Goodbye Meteor, I'm sure you will have a great home there. The guys told me they already had a couple of Meteors (!) but all had been converted, so I guess they're pretty happy with this one....

Goodbye Atari Dominos. Sorry you only spent a couple of years on my attic without any attention (but never without love). At least I saved you from a terrible fait (being converted for some school project !). I regret not buyint the ONE game PCB that I've seen on offer for all those years....still I doubt I would have kept it for long. I simply need to select games that are great and well....this is nice for a huge collection (like the Arcade museum) but no spot for it in my Gameroom....

Probably the saddest to let go: Missile Command cabaret. The longest roadtrip I made for this baby so far ! It was an easy fix to get it running, the trackball was like new again and it played very well with a great picture (even without cap-kit). However, the game itself kinda disappointed me. I had great memories from the Atari Home computer version, but this one is simply getting too hard too quickly for my taste.

Anyway, the good thing is that in the end I'm VERY happy with this deal because it made it possible to buy the Ms.Pac
Big thank you to Muerto for hooking me up with Rune and thanks to them for extremely quick payment !

Goodbye cabs, you all are going to a better place :)

« Last Edit: July 07, 2010, 05:51:00 PM by Level42 »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
Re: Sniff, a last farewell...
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2010, 07:19:11 PM »
Thanks for sharing André!
I also found it mysterious that you did´nt post anything about this (it´s been like a month since there where picked up right?)
Anyway i´m glad the deal went through!

baritonomarchetto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
Re: Sniff, a last farewell...
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2010, 11:39:38 AM »
It must be sad to let some cabinet go, especially if a great story/roadtrip is behind the catch... anyhow, new room means new cabinets and new adventures, so  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:
"A true Gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved"