Author Topic: [Roadtrip] Breaking Out the Berzerks  (Read 29615 times)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
Re: [Roadtrip] Breaking Out the Berzerks
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2010, 07:53:29 PM »
Funny that story that Bruno posted about Namco making illegal Breakouts. If you look at the GeeBee and Breakout, the cabs are _SO_ similar (esp. the Italian GeeBee) it's pretty easy to see that Namco probably just made an upgraded Breakout like game....

Interesting, interesting.

By the way, yellow must have been _the_ color of the 70's........Breakout,Basketball,Pong....

But uhm Ully......does the Berzerk run now ?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2010, 07:58:32 PM »
But uhm Ully......does the Berzerk run now ?

haven't tried it yet, because the cabinet is still on its side after repainting it. i'm ALMOST done with it (looking perfect btw), then it's on to the difficult task of re-mounting that monitor in the cab (it was a pain in the a** to remove). after that, i can install the pcb board and then it's finally time to test it. somehow i'm hoping that the repro panels will be finished until then as well.
i don't remember, andré, is there anything i need to remember after installing the board? remove the paper from underneath the battery and then?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2010, 08:05:25 PM »
Kind of forgot your doing the body work first.

Well, check the supply voltages (as always !), but I'm pretty sure they will be OK because I had the Power supply PCB here already.

If it runs you'll need the clear the "rubbish" that is in the RAM, but I'll explain when you've got it running.

Laschek

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2010, 08:13:06 PM »

after an incredible journey from belgium to holland and back again, my berzerk has finally arrived HOME  ;)

here it is in another temporary storage location at sascha's place  :arrow:

Although my garage sometimes looks like someone went berzerk inside it I could not spot Evil Otto anywhere near  ;D ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 10:48:04 PM »
Although my garage sometimes looks like someone went berzerk inside it I could not spot Evil Otto anywhere near  ;D ;)

am i stupid or what? damn, where's my brain been lately?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Laschek

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 11:20:34 PM »
am i stupid or what? damn, where's my brain been lately?

Maybe you left it on that famous belgian autobahn?  ;D :D