Author Topic: Mini-Track (4 foot tall Track & Field)  (Read 26778 times)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: Mini-Track (4 foot tall Track & Field)
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2010, 08:06:16 AM »
@TAG: fabulous work on that mini-replica, i'm sure you're going to make some very happy :)! do you have that track & field sideart as a vector file on your computer? i've been looking all over for it and the one guy i found (from phoenixarcade.com) doesn't want to share it because he's not giving away stuff from which he sells reproductions  >:(. so IF you have that file, any chance of sharing?

when i look at this stunning cleanup job, i think its a good idea "someone" provide Ully a copy of AI  ;D (and maybe a videotraining AI)

« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:11:25 AM by Etienne [NL] »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2010, 08:24:31 AM »
thx  :) i'd LOVE  :-* to learn AI to be able to do more graphics stuff on my own, but this is so time consuming that i have no idea how to get going. if work didn't always come between my free time ...  ;) ;) ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ThatArtGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2010, 08:25:56 AM »
Yeah, that's a nice job!  Unfortunately, the T&F artwork is more complex.  The stripes, grid, stars, and fonts would be easy.  The athletes and blue gradient... not so much.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:29:00 AM by ThatArtGuy »

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2010, 09:44:00 AM »
thx  :) i'd LOVE  :-* to learn AI to be able to do more graphics stuff on my own, but this is so time consuming that i have no idea how to get going. if work didn't always come between my free time ...  ;) ;) ;)

or we can ask the wery reliable dexter......   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2010, 09:55:45 AM »
or we can ask the wery reliable dexter......   ;D ;D ;D ;D

yeah  ;)! that guy was strange. seemed to be very nice at first, but made a lot of promises he wasn't able to keep - and told too many lies. RIP dexter  :twisted:
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

ThatArtGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 01, 2010, 03:19:40 AM »
Special surprises this episode...

We taped and painted of the countersunken screws for the crossbar. (We wanted added strength for the control panel.)  But the wood filler still shows through.  We had to prime it all over again.

Everything else only needed one coat to spruce it up.

Populated the control panel to make sure everything fit. I have to say it did, barely.  On top, it doesn't look so bad.  The bottom is going to be a nightmare to wire.

SURPRISE!!!  WE BROUGHT IT HOME!  I couldn't handle the drive out there anymore and decided I would finish everything else at home, so here we are.  The cab fit in the back of a Volkswagen Jetta.

Up in the spare room. (You can start seeing it's size here. This is also a storage/study room mainly.)

Applied the Unreal Coin Door sticker. Basically, to line it up we took the pinholes I made to measure the drill holes and used a compass to mark 1 and 1/8ths inch circles on the back.  We lined the circles up to the holes, and taped it down to the machine.  I peeled the top third of the backing and cut it off, pushing the sticker back down. After that, I took off all the tape and the rest of the backing and stuck the rest of the sticker on.  Pretty easy to do that way.

Hey! My measurements were correct! The fit just right!

The mess from behind. (I'm still trying to figure out how everything is going to fit.)

Testing the control panel.

Plugging it in for the first time.

Look how bright this thing is, and it's midday.

Test of what I call the "naked" cabinet (no artwork whatsoever).

Props go to groovygamegear.com for making products that seemed to be custom made for this machine.

TAG

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 01, 2010, 06:25:26 AM »
The mess from behind. (I'm still trying to figure out how everything is going to fit.)

take everythink out of the case  ;)

ThatArtGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2010, 06:47:38 AM »
Yeah, I was thinking that too.  I got the case since the power supply inside it was the same with or without the case.

ThatArtGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 07, 2010, 03:51:21 AM »
Well, she seems happy.

Still needs artwork. (I'm working on it.) Oh, and monitor glass and holding bracket.

TAG
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 03:53:39 AM by ThatArtGuy »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2010, 06:35:01 AM »
Well, she seems happy.

Still needs artwork. (I'm working on it.) Oh, and monitor glass and holding bracket.

TAG

Excellent job - it´s pic like this that makes worth the effort!  :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace: :spaceace:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #40 on: February 07, 2010, 07:44:05 AM »
Well, she seems happy.

Congratulation. This picture shows you that the 'objective' is achieved  :-*

Thanks you you sharing this nice story with us  :-*

Now, she'll start to discover our 'classics' games  :)

ThatArtGuy

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2010, 07:09:09 AM »
Now for the fun part(s)

TAG