Author Topic: :: Pilgrimage / Road Trip part II - Galaxian3 @ FunWorld in USA ::  (Read 51772 times)

SaraAB87

• View Profile
    • My arcade photos on Facebook
Re: :: Pilgrimage / Road Trip part II - Galaxian3 @ FunWorld in USA ::
« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2017, 02:17:22 AM »
I got a reply too! We need Bruno's help! I don't want this game to die. Its a problem with the boards on the game. I messaged Bruno to help and told Fun World about this forum.

Anyone have the Galaxian 3 Schematics, Namco System 21? They asked me for the schematics, we need to find them at all costs! If no one has them I can dig around.

Toykyle

• We saved GT-6. Now it's time to save GH-16 & GH-28
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2017, 02:47:25 AM »
Aren't parts of the schematics included in the Theater 6 Installation Manual that DarthNuno posted several years ago?

https://www.dragonslairfans.com/smfor/index.php?topic=503#msg5959

SaraAB87

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2017, 05:10:41 PM »
Okay, I got the manual, thank you so much, this should help.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2017, 05:36:35 PM »
Well, I was in touch with them on facebook (Fun World of Nashua!) in July 2017, already asked for symptoms :

We are having problems with the board that we call the IO board. There is one board for every 2 seats. We have gone from 6 seats to 4 seats to 2 seats to no seats working. We move the working board to seat 1& 2 because that is where you get into programing.  I had a tech look at it and she said one of the 2 seats she got to coin up and play so she thinks she knows what to change to get the other seat going. I am getting the board back today and if it worked she will repair the other 2 boards.

I replied this :

This one drive the three pcb (with a picture)
Check the voltage with and without the 3 personal pcb connected : +15, -15 and +5v
Give me your values please
This PS goes mad and can destroy one by one your personal PCB (input)

It looks that two from the three 'personal pcb' have an issue, and unfortunately the manual scanned doesn't include the schematics for the 'Personal PCB'  :-\

SaraAB87

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2017, 04:07:27 AM »
Did you send them the manual? If not I can send it to them. Maybe I should try asking Namco directly for the schematics, I can talk to Namco on Facebook. I am sure anyone could talk to Namco on facebook too.

Is there any way to get the schematics from another manual if that could be found? There are a few different Namco system 21 games and theoretically they should all use the same boardset unless G3 has something special in it that no other game has.

SaraAB87

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2017, 04:10:13 AM »
Did you send them the manual? If not I can send it to them. Maybe I should try asking Namco directly for the schematics, I can talk to Namco on Facebook. I am sure anyone could talk to Namco on facebook too.

Is there any way to get the schematics from another manual if that could be found? There are a few different Namco system 21 games and theoretically they should all use the same boardset unless G3 has something special in it that no other game has.

I think its best to keep the communication going at this point.

Tedward

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 14, 2017, 12:59:41 AM »
Well over the past weeks me and Sara have tried a lot of stuff to try and save the very last Galaxian 3 in the USA... she's contacted Namco and got a reply! They are looking for the documents needed to fix the Galaxian 3, hopefuly they still have them! If they don't, possibly no-one else does  :-\

We've also been looking into the Dave And Busters side of things to see if any of the locations have left over spares from the GT-6 to Air Raid conversions, haven't gotten far with this though but it could also work, who knows what they still have in their back rooms...

And speaking of Air Raid, I have been researching more about that, I found an old link to Tsunami's website which I had to go through the internet archive to access and... no mention of the Air Raid to Galaxian 3 conversions whatsoever!

Tsunami seem to have gone out of business around 2011 after some sort of a merger with Global V.R... and still absolutely no word on how the conversions came about... the only link to Namco I saw was a partnership they made in 2001 with their European branch.

But... we have got a few people to contact from their website if absolutely nothing else works. Surely they had the entire details of the theaters (including the schematics) if they were allowed to convert the theaters to Air Raid!

SaraAB87

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2018, 10:48:17 PM »
I am going to back to digging into this... I am continuing to try and reach someone at D&B, I know exactly who I need to reach but I need to find the person in person and speak to them face to face which means I have to catch this person at the location and its going to take me a while since I have to get there when the person is in.

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2018, 08:38:08 PM »
Thanks for the update & your efforts on this Sara  :-* :spaceace:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2022, 07:05:04 PM »
Here's a February 2022 video update about this Galaxian Theater, right HERE (click me)...
This beast needs to be saved!  :-\
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 07:08:01 PM by DarthNuno »

talnova

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2022, 07:50:34 AM »
yeah I really don't like Namco now - I have contacted them many times about saving the big machines they have or even the unreleased games.  They could easily make money off these machines or games by porting them.
I was able to Hack my Starblade to have it do things other Starblades are not able to do.  Namco had no interest in helping me figure that out and me and my friend went to town figuring out the signals the game was sending to the board to hack the board and get it to do things the Starblade manual says "Do not work".   Namco I really despise right now as a company and I hope they see this message.

I will do my best to help preserve these games, but still have no luck finding a Mirror to work with this machine.  My game still has no mirror and I really don't want to turn it into a projection screen or mount one inside and keep it original.   

Laszo

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Building
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 07, 2022, 11:25:44 PM »
So now we know what is happening in the US?. What is the status of your Galaxian? Was it put back together again?

Framed_Niner

• View Profile
I was at this arcade last week, they are currently trying to repair it. Here's hoping it works when the arcade opens up tomorrow.