Author Topic: [Roadtrip] Fast Ully ... eh ... Fast Freddie  (Read 41197 times)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
[Roadtrip] Fast Ully ... eh ... Fast Freddie
« on: December 12, 2009, 03:52:12 PM »

Just a couple of days ago a very rare fast freddie game was on sale on ebay germay. since the seller wasn't willing to ship the item to other european countries, i was contacted by michael "muerto" who asked me if i could bid on the game and pick it up for him. fortunately, the seller's location wasn't too far out, so i happily agreed to help out a fellow arcade friend. roadtrip - here i come ...

one of my best friends, patrik, who also gives me the chance to store some of my games in his shed, has always wanted to come on a roadtrip with me and because this one isn't going to take too long, he is on board for a lauda - worms roundtrip!  :)

only a couple of minutes in, it's slightly starting to rain and obviously the water tank for the windshield is empty >:(

filling it up

arriving in worms

the seller had told me that his location lies in a pedestrian area where you have to be on time to be allowed to enter with your car. fortunately, we arrive 15 minutes before "closing time"  8)

be careful, don't run over any pedestrians!

the seller also told me that we either need four people or a trolly to get the game out. i brought the latter ...

down in the cellar - don't forget to turn off the light (after you leave)!

and here it is, waiting in a very tiny (but dry) storage room: fast freddie

of course i ask the seller to turn on the game to see if it's still working (because it was advertised like that). this is what i see ...

holy smoke, it's f****** time pilot, not fast freddie. i tell the seller that he has the wrong game in his cabinet, he answers that he never realized that and that it was like that when he got the game.

i'm calling michael to give him the bad news and to ask him what to do. although a fast freddie pcb will be damn hard to find (i guess), he still wants to have the game, but i should try to bargain with the seller - which i'm happy to do ;) fortunately, it's not too difficult to convince the seller to let go of some serious €€€, so the deal is done and we can start trying to get the game through the narrow door and up the even narrower staircase.

philipp - the seller

in fact, the staircase is so narrow, that the trolly won't fit underneath the cab, so we have to place a thick blanket on the stairs (to protect the artwork), put the game on its side and push it up the stairs!

puh, this was hard!

still very heavy though  :ghost:

out of the dark, into the light!

and into the car with it ...

task completed  :)

time to head home, but of course a roadtrip won't be a real roadtrip without a stop at a fastfood restaurant, so here we are  :arrow:

nothing spectacular happens on our way home, so we unload the game at patrik's shed from where it will be sent off to denmark!

but wait, now that we're back home i take a closer look at those stickers on top of the game  :arrow:

it says: NEW - TIME PILOT  ;) no more comments but this  :arrow: :twisted:

one country, three counties, 374 kilometers, 5 hours 38 minutes on the road - this roadtrip is OFFICIALLY OVER - but the game hasn't reached its final desination yet!

stay tuned ...

« Last Edit: December 13, 2009, 11:58:55 AM by DarthNuno »
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
Re: [Roadtrip] Fast Ully ... eh ... Fast Freddie
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2009, 04:05:31 PM »
Nice story! Too bad it has the wrong pcb... But the right one will be found eventually!

It seems hamburgers are the favourite food of arcade roadtrippers :D
Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2009, 06:23:04 PM »
1st. Thx for douing this Ully! - you are truly a very good friend, and that i wont forget!
cant wait to get the game home, though -as you say- the hunt starts for a FF PCB!  :-\

petieken

• Belgium
    • View Profile
    • My VAPS Entry
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2009, 07:02:15 PM »
I'm sure you'll find one!

I thought I would never find a SegaSonic pcb, then I thought the same about the trackball panel for it...

Patience, looking at the right place and the right time and help from other forum members is what you need! A post in the wanted section will make other members aware and they'll notify you if they encounter one. That's how I got the trackball panel for SegaSonic :). I'm still very grateful for all the help offers I got, DLF/ALS is a really nice community. :)
Wanted: Cadillacs and Dinosaurs CPS1 Q-Sound pcb | SegaSonic The Hedgehog Art & instruction set

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2009, 08:40:57 PM »
Nice addition to your collection Muerto, and a FF PCB will sure pop up somewhere sometime. And knowing the community on this forum, you won't be alone searching for it!  :)

It's also nice to know that Ully likes to act as a cab courier, this extends my geographic search area considerably  :lol: :lol:

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2009, 08:58:41 PM »
@muerto: Bummer for the wrong PCB, but the cabinet is nice
like said before , the comunity will let you know if somebody sees the PCB that you need

@Ully: Thats a very nice thing to do for a fellow collector, as for muerto's reaction, i can see that is really appriciated  :D

i wish there where more people that think in this way, its sometimes so simple to help somebody out

did patrick enjoyed "the arcade lifestyle roadtrip experience" ?

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2009, 09:23:37 PM »
It's also nice to know that Ully likes to act as a cab courier, this extends my geographic search area considerably  :lol: :lol:

;D sure thing: you get me that atari basketball from the belgium warehouse, i'll get you something else from over here and we meet in the middle  :spaceace:
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2009, 09:27:14 PM »
i wish there where more people that think in this way, its sometimes so simple to help somebody out

did patrick enjoyed "the arcade lifestyle roadtrip experience" ?

thx for the kind words, etienne  :-*

patrik enjoyed the trip big time and i'm sure he'll be joining me again in the future. he HAS TO when i finally get the chance to pick up my pole position cockpit because he's the guy with the trailer!  8)

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »
he's the guy with the trailer!  8)

and the storage as i recall correct  ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2009, 09:33:38 PM »
and the storage as i recall correct  ;D

and the guy who's asking over and over again: "ully, when are we going to carry another cab up into your apartment?". and he's NOT asking that because he need space in his shed, but because he likes the experience / the adventure / the excitement of bringing games up the stairs ;).

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D  that reminds me this picture:

DarthNuno

• Administrator
  • ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Singe's castle
    • View Profile
    • Dragon's Lair Fans / Arcade LifeStyle
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2009, 12:07:41 PM »
Nice Road Trip Ully... and very cool to do it for an Arcade friend  :-*  ;)

I've never played that game, but that lovely cabinet and the beautiful artworks give me the desire to test it on mame  8)

Ok... bad surprise regarding the wrong board, but... at least you got a discount... and Time Pilot is not a bad game at all... far from it  :P

A new game for Muerto, a new road trip for Superully...

What else?  ;) ;D

Well, we are waiting the second part of the story :  "on the way to Muerto... "  8)

Of course  :arrow:

:spaceace:

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 12:33:45 PM »
I guess finding a FF PCB is not that easy....It's a Euro-only machine.
Alternatively (but probably even harder to find) you could try to find a Fly-Boy PCB (the original).

A time pilot PCB is worth a good amount of money IIRC.

Etienne MacGyver

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 01:31:09 PM »
you can ofcourse mame it untill you find the correct PDB

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 01:32:23 PM »
you can ofcourse mame it untill you find the correct PDB

have a look at muerto's avatar  ;)