Author Topic: World of Arcade: you better avoid it.  (Read 62606 times)

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: World of Arcade: you better avoid it.
« Reply #195 on: April 13, 2010, 10:04:31 PM »
ill give the machines till monday next week to arrive... than ill contact him again, and if that´s not helping, we can do the german Arcadeforum thing...

Yesterday was 'next week' monday. But I suppose you didn't see any cabs in your drive way.  ???

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #196 on: April 13, 2010, 10:14:44 PM »
There's just one 80's style answer to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpnCYhSrc-c
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 10:18:40 PM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 13, 2010, 10:19:54 PM »
@didi/2-mad: you seem to be the only one who still is good friends with stefan and who hasn't been screwed: can't you talk to him and ask him about michael's machines? when we had this big blowout on the german forum he PROMISED him AGAIN the machines were going to be delivered, but once again he didn't get anything. man, it's been almost 6 MONTHS!!! btw, stefan is not answering my emails anymore ...
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: April 13, 2010, 10:52:03 PM »
well, Monday came and went, still no cabs....
i have just wrote him on ebay.de..: let´s see what happens, or does not happen...

Quote from: WOL
Hey Stefan.
My cab´s has not arrived, and it´s been 14 days now! - what is going on??? - i have been honest in our trade and this is how you treat a honest costumer???, please get back to me as im growing tired of this! all i want is MY GAMES THAT I HAVE PAYED FOR ALL MOST 6 MONTHS AGO!!!!!!

Michael

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: April 13, 2010, 11:10:38 PM »
There's just one 80's style answer to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpnCYhSrc-c

How do you come up with them?  ;D Thanks for a great few minutes back to memory lane, especially around 2.19 minutes, what a nice ****.  I sure had some posters of them in my room. But I didn't recognize Angela.

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #200 on: April 13, 2010, 11:52:15 PM »
Well in my head there were the words "HE's a liar" and I thought of this song but it turned out that the song was SHE's a liar.

Haha, yeah noticed it too :D Gotta love the "big hair", the make-up, the completely amateurish video etc.

Although Patty and Anita (the two "leads" in this song) were the _obvious_ best lookers, I always had a weak spot for Esther.....  ;D ;D ;D ;D

And Ria, R.I.P........
« Last Edit: April 13, 2010, 11:55:54 PM by Level42 »

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: April 14, 2010, 07:41:47 AM »
i've written a pm to didi/2-mad, he's going to try to talk some sense into stefan  ;)
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: April 14, 2010, 04:47:50 PM »
just got word from 2-mad who talked to stefan on the phone: he (stefan) promised him (didi) that michael's cabs were sent out YESTERDAY and that the shipping company would get in touch with him (michael) because of a delivery date!

fingers crossed!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #203 on: April 14, 2010, 04:58:28 PM »
Yeah, and the easter-bunny, santa, sinterklaas also exist.

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 14, 2010, 05:00:40 PM »
This is also an appropriate eighties movie

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3DcWtkKeIY

But jokes aside, this is getting ridicules, this guy really knows how to turn his business to shit.
Glad I received my pcb’s from him a while ago but I’ll never buy from him again.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 14, 2010, 05:13:08 PM »
smells fishy to me as well, but what somehow makes me believe in this nevertheless is the fact that 2-mad seems to be the only person who hasn't been screwed by stefan yet and who still can talk to him. so let's see how this turns out. what's another couple of days after 6 months?

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 14, 2010, 05:27:46 PM »

I really wonder how Stefan does this. Is he making up documents? Is this just a price quote that stefan asked for at the shipper? what is it? Anyway, he is unbelievable, and a joker. Do you remember that he said that he would have an extra 100 cabs for his postponed garage sale (which is now cancelled forever Í beleive)? They don't exist, as Ully already said, and 2-mad did confirm this to me last week in a PM more or less.

I hope that Michael can put an end at this in a few days. I did notice on above slip that there was no value mentioned. does that mean that there is no insured value also?

2-mad

• View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2010, 06:27:30 AM »
Here is that what I found using the tracking tool on the IDS webpage :

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2010, 06:51:48 AM »
Thanks 2-mad! i really hope i get the games this time...

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2010, 08:35:47 PM »
... well..... are you guys ready???.... .....  ;D
for Exactly 5 months and 28 days ago.... thats 180 days.... thats 4320 hours ago i won 2 arcade machines on Ebay.de...
I think you guys all ready know this... ???... well.. today a pallet was delivered.......... (1)......

I checked it out this evening, and i must say i was a little nervous..... wat was on the pallet...??? you never know.... but...  :D :D :D

I got the Colony 7 loaded and rolled the MC inside for some serious sanding.... !!!!

But i gave up coz i did´nt have the right tool for it atm.... so instaed heres a look inside the cab (laying down) - seems like the wire harness is intact...!

Descent monitor..

And the good old ATARI power supply!

Back in The Shed, the Colony 7 shines! some scratches on the side...

And the coin mechs, .... ... ... . WOW!!!! i cant wait to fire it up, if the counters are telling the truth the monitor is almost brand new!!!

And from the back!!!.... wait... what??... i remember buying this as a working game.....
Well, the hunt goes for a working Colony 7 PCB... :-\