Author Topic: The Three Stooges, I mean Bezerks. Blowing life into them again....  (Read 82073 times)

gyruss

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: The Three Stooges, I mean Bezerks. Blowing life into them again....
« Reply #120 on: February 04, 2010, 02:30:38 PM »
Great!! If everything works out I'll be playing Centipede soon!!

ckong

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • The Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 18, 2010, 09:49:13 AM »
For my Berzerk friends: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=L3SOD7CS

A Berzerk and Frenzy song, and a nice quicktime movie featuring Berzerk.

I hope you like it.  :)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2010, 06:34:32 PM by ckong »

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Ridderkerk, arcade capital of Europe !
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2010, 11:47:17 PM »
Very nice thanks Erik ! I would love to have the vinyl edition of that :D

I just heard that the first signs of life are coming from the THIRD stooge: there is picture, there is a game, there is sound, but no voice yet.

More investigation will be done later but that will be reported by Ully I'm sure !

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 23, 2010, 06:00:56 AM »
thats great to hear!
btw, for how long is the high score supposed to be saved with the kit you installed?.... tricky i know, but for how long?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #124 on: March 23, 2010, 07:47:36 AM »
Expected life time of the battery is about 10 years. Spec sheets mention a shelf life of 5 years. That means it still has a reasonable charge and lifetime after that shelf-life, and 5 years is thus very long.

It depends on it's use of course. It's using very little energy, but if you never power up the game it will have to keep the memory alive constantly. I've seen situations with older lithium batteries that still had enough power to keep the memory in tact.

You could measure the voltage annually and put it in a chart. This will let you know if things are getting tight.
OR if you want to be VERY sure, you could replace the battery after 5 years. Of course you have to replace the battery when the game is running or else the memory will be deleted. This should work in theory, but I haven't actually tried it yet, maybe a good idea to do this before you reach REALLY high scores that you don't want to loose. You can of course simply remove the current battery and re-install it again, it's about if it will accept the removal and re-inserting, not about a new battery.

Thinking of the circuitry, this should definitely work. My Berzerk is in storage so I can't try this now. Be careful not to short anything when removing/re-inserting the battery.

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 24, 2010, 03:59:27 PM »
ok, it´s because mine can only remember the scores for 2-4 weeks...., maby there´s something wrong?

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #126 on: March 25, 2010, 11:26:58 PM »
I read that the third stooge is alive and kicking this morning. I guess Ully has been playing Berzerk ever since because he hasn't posted that great news up here yet ! ;D

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Southern Part of Germany
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2010, 07:47:40 AM »
I guess Ully has been playing Berzerk ever since because he hasn't posted that great news up here yet ! ;D

i hate those damn robots, they always get the best of me  :twisted:

i will update my berzerk resto thread over the course of the weekend, because although the game is up and running (thx to andre's support), there are still some minor things to do. right now, i'm playing that game in the middle of a battlefield, but it rockzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #128 on: May 13, 2010, 01:41:56 AM »
Guys, about the Stern coin door logo stickers......

As we've seen from Ully's pics, they don't work on a black coin door. Seller says it was intended for the grey doors. He is offering money back for the one's we didn't use (4/5) but of course I will have to send it to the US.

SO, we're loosing money over this anyway. I hope you guys agree to share the burden ?

Now, there are two alternatives:

1) Buy the other type decal from Phoenix
2) Rich from ThisOldGame asked me for the scan I made and is looking into reproducing it for the video games (=black doors).

Not sure how long option 2 will take.

Will keep you posted.

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 13, 2010, 08:45:09 AM »
thx for the ipdate, andré! i've used up my sticker already and i don't know who's got the others? do i have another one ;)?  would it even be worth sending those stickers back? if so, do it and keep the money for yourself because you're the one having the troubles of getting them wrapped up and stuff!

as for the replecement stickers: i will most likely go for the other version and order them from rich (thisoldgame.com). they are the same as the ones phoenixarcade is offering. i could easily wait for the ones that brian is supposed to be doing, but the other design and colors fit my new coin insert label much better. and you know that it's about looks, right?  :P does anyone of you need something from rich? perhaps we could team up here as well?
all i need is ... PONG - and a select few others: TOUCH ME, DRAGON'S LAIR, JOUST, ROBOTRON, MR DO, SAN FRANCISCO RUSH THE ROCK!!!

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #130 on: May 13, 2010, 09:43:32 AM »
thx for the ipdate, andré! i've used up my sticker already and i don't know who's got the others? do i have another one ;)?  would it even be worth sending those stickers back? if so, do it and keep the money for yourself because you're the one having the troubles of getting them wrapped up and stuff!

Well, so far no-one paid for those stickers yet, so.......if I send them back I'm sure he will only return the price of the stickers, not the (pretty high) shipping cost from him to me and of course I will have to pay for shipping back to him, so there won't be much left. So I suggested to share the costs in this deal, I don't think there's a need for me to take the burden.

I'll see if I can maybe sell them overhere.

as for the replecement stickers: i will most likely go for the other version and order them from rich (thisoldgame.com). they are the same as the ones phoenixarcade is offering. i could easily wait for the ones that brian is supposed to be doing, but the other design and colors fit my new coin insert label much better. and you know that it's about looks, right?  :P does anyone of you need something from rich? perhaps we could team up here as well?

Rich says he can do the original version we bought from the pinball guy. I scanned one of the stickers and he says he can do them, but not that he WILL do them yet ;) Rich is on this forum too, not sure if he reads this.
If it's too much hassle/ not feasible for Rich I will go with the other version as well. It's not that big of a deal since the other one's were originally on Berzerks too.

I'm in the process of ordering a CPO and maybe some vinyl from Rich so yes maybe we can team up.

I hate the low Euro by the way, damn politicians who allowed the Greek into it !!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2010, 09:52:37 AM by Level42 »

Muerto

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
  • Denmark
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: May 14, 2010, 08:50:56 AM »
I hate the low Euro by the way, damn politicians who allowed the Greek into it !!

hehe, im glad Denmark is not a part of the yet!

Regarding the stickers, i would also like the ones you do (i trust your judgrment) and if you need some money, please let me know, and i wire some..

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 14, 2010, 09:59:17 AM »
So I suggested to share the costs in this deal, I don't think there's a need for me to take the burden.

totally no need to take the burden, andré! i guess i've misread your post and though you were at least going to make some bucks on this. if however, you're losing money, we're stepping in. isn't that what we're doing for greece as well?  ;)

level42

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
    • Arcade 42
« Reply #133 on: May 14, 2010, 11:00:36 AM »
Hah, yes the Danish politicians were smarter then ours. That is, maybe they actually represented the people who live in Denmark and said NO !

Our government constantly does other things than the majority of people want. Thus I predict an enormous win for the ultra-right wing Geert Wilders.

I won't get into politics here, but sometimes the steam is running out my ears when I hear how the "gentlemen" in The Hague act and talk about OUR tax money !

Back on topic:

I posted the remaining stickers on Marktplaats and they were sold within a couple of hours ! Ha !

I got 20 euro for the remaining 4 stickers. I paid 32 dollars incl. shipping. At the time I bought them the euro-dollar rate was about 1.35 so I paid somewhere around the 23-24 euro's, so no worries on that anymore ! ;)

Superully

• ArcadeLifeStyler'
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: May 14, 2010, 06:17:08 PM »
great to hear, andré! happy that it turned out ok for you.